Adolphus Washington arrest - concealed weapon without permit

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I haven't been to an amusement park in a very long time, but I carry everywhere I go that I am legally able to do so. If I'm going somewhere I can't take it, I store in a lockbox in my truck. If you carry, taking a weapon anywhere is not abnormal. The whole point is to be prepared even in unexpected situations.

If you have problems with gun rights, that's a different topic. In this case, Washington just made the stupid mistake of displaying his weapon for the cops without warning them first. The law in Ohio is that holders must inform officers that they are carrying during any kind of traffic stop. You're SUPPOSED to tell them you have a license and whether you are carrying at the moment.

During one of my firearm safety courses an officer told us it's not uncommon for people to just pull out weapons during traffic stops as a way of showing officers. He of course also mentioned how stupid this is and told us the best way of going about it. No doubt it was a stupid mistake, but not nearly as big of a deal as many of you are making it out to be.