518 Crew Saves the Day

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heard 4th hand she was telling her brother she was falling out. Just to tease him. Then did slip accidentally. Take it for what it's worth.

Ha! I thought that too but want to give benny of doubt.

I am an older brother with younger sister. One time driving in snow with little sister, I said: "I think the car is going to skid..." Just to freak her out. Guess what, the car skidded off the road. LoL... Boy what an azz. We got out, but came close to clipping a tree.

What siblings will do to be jackasses! But kids are kids, lesson taught, don't cry wolf. Hope there is no hard feelings with the guy that caught her. Probably not, he sounded like a gr8 guy with a gr8 outlook even if he torqued his back up. Can't be bitter in life helping even if they are at fault. Being a child is about learning and hopefully getting lucky and having gr8, understanding people guide you along the way!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Ha! I thought that too but want to give benny of doubt.

I am an older brother with younger sister. One time driving in snow with little sister, I said: "I think the car is going to skid..." Just to freak her out. Guess what, the car skidded off the road. LoL... Boy what an azz. We got out, but came close to clipping a tree.

What siblings will do to be jackasses! But kids are kids, lesson taught, don't cry wolf. Hope there is no hard feelings with the guy that caught her. Probably not, he sounded like a gr8 guy with a gr8 outlook even if he torqued his back up. Can't be bitter in life helping even if they are at fault. Being a child is about learning and hopefully getting lucky and having gr8, understanding people guide you along the way!

That ride isn't dangerous unless one makes it dangerous. You sit still, relax and enjoy the scenery. I'm glad she'll be okay and I'd never say she "deserved," it. But she clearly brought it onto herself. A lawsuit, which is probably inevitable, would be very disappointing to see - as would any changes to the ride.

Now you'll need a full body harness with five points of attachment to the chair lift

Many ski areas are safety barless still. Through Midwest, Michigan, Minny... Up in Lutsen, MN they still run the lift from the 60s... Center pole, no sides to chair, no bar... It feels like you are flying. Dicey when you have a pack on.

I think it was Sunshine up in Banff I was most terrified... Seemed to be a 1,500' drop with a double chair, barless over an arête.

I simply don't see things changing. From what is being said, you guys are over reacting. She fessed up? Move on.

That ride isn't dangerous unless one makes it dangerous. You sit still, relax and enjoy the scenery. I'm glad she'll be okay and I'd never say she "deserved," it. But she clearly brought it onto herself. A lawsuit, which is probably inevitable, would be very disappointing to see - as would any changes to the ride.

Agree!

Girl and her family won't talk to police, want the lawyer they hired to do it....

https://dailygazette.com/article/2017/06/28/deputies-family-of-girl-who-fell-from-great-escape-ride-not-talking

“The family has retained an attorney who advised them not to speak with us until he had a chance to speak with us first,” Warren County sheriff’s Lt. Steven Stockdale said. “We’ve been in contact and we're trying to iron out a time to speak with the victim.”

Investigators are considering human error as a factor in the incident but have not definitively determined a cause, Stockdale said Monday. They have found, however, that the Sky Ride and its safety bar did not malfunction when the girl fell from the attraction Saturday night.

Girl and her family won't talk to police, want the lawyer they hired to do it....

https://dailygazette.com/article/2017/06/28/deputies-family-of-girl-who-fell-from-great-escape-ride-not-talking

Shut it down! Make all those old fogies walk from one end of midway to the other. It would help healthcare... If you can just stop them from grabbing a 32oz. Pepsi and cherry churro along the way!

Shut it down! Make all those old fogies walk from one end of midway to the other. It would help healthcare... If you can just stop them from grabbing a 32oz. Pepsi and cherry churro along the way!

It's a round-trip ride.

No half way unloading, mid-station? A lift that goes nowhere.

How unproductive!

Notice I choose my words wisely w/all the pervs around here. ;-)

Nope. It ends where it begins. I really hope this lawsuit goes nowhere.

Nope. It ends where it begins. I really hope this lawsuit goes nowhere.

Yeah I sorta agree.

But, maybe chairs are getting old plastic seats (looked like formed plastic chairs) are getting slick with age.

The investigion should uncover any inadequacy or if chairs are reaching their expected service life.

Like it or not, park is still liable. Mechanical devices do not last forever without help.

Yeah I sorta agree.

But, maybe chairs are getting old plastic seats (looked like formed plastic chairs) are getting slick with age.

The investigion should uncover any inadequacy or if chairs are reaching their expected service life.

Like it or not, park is still liable. Mechanical devices do not last forever without help.

There's nothing inadequate (I believe they're metal). The bottom line is that the only thing one is supposed to do on this "ride" is to sit the !@#$ down and sit the !@#$ still. This little idiot just couldn't manage the sitting still part. And it's a !@#$ing lawsuit? That is pure crap.