Mayweather against McGregor

CommonCents

Terrible decision. Connor had him early but got gassed allowing mayweather back into the fight.

Conor did not have him early....wasn't even close. Mayweather toyed with him and his game plan was to have Conor gas out.

Conor was 20 lbs heavier than Mayweather by fight night and we the game plan was obvious. Conor can't box with Mayweather so he was trying for the knockout.

As soon as Mayweather was done toying with him, he started coming forward and just beat him up.

Floyd would never step in a octagon cause he knows he doesn't belong there.

And they can't meet his pay.

Floyd isn't also dumb enough to call out a guy who is an expert at their respective sport. That's what McGregor did.

And ...

How many punches did mayweather throw in the beginning?

You're supposed to get a 10 count AFTER you get knocked down.

Connor said it best, let me go down like a man.

A ref is supposed to stop a fight as soon as he believes the fighter cannot protect himself. Conor was completely done.

But the stoppage was terrible, Connor was clearly aware and not taking unanswered shots.

No it wasn't. McGregor wasn't able to defend himself. He was barely standing.

Edited by Teeflebees

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Conor did not have him early....wasn't even close. Mayweather toyed with him and his game plan was to have Conor gas out.

Conor was 20 lbs heavier than Mayweather by fight night and we the game plan was obvious. Conor can't box with Mayweather so he was trying for the knockout.

As soon as Mayweather was done toying with him, he started coming forward and just beat him up.

Floyd isn't also dumb enough to call out a guy who is an expert at their respective sport. That's what McGregor did.

Floyd's strategy worked to perfection. He gave away the 1st three rounds, but won every round thereafter by coming forward as McGregor's energy began to wane.

McGregor wasn't that dumb given the huge payday of more than $30M that he'll enjoy.

Definitely.

But even so, but once MMA started I was done with boxing because MMA is a superior sport and more fun to watch.

The biggest reason why MMA is superior right now is because they market the fighters and have better cards.

A UFC PPV event will have multiple well known fighters. Boxing generally it's just the main event.

Also there are so many belts in boxing, UFC has one.

However, the UFC is going to lose their audience if they continue putting together fights just for money and not having the top fight the top.

GSP should not be fighting Bisbing. Dan Henderson shouldn't have gotten a title shot against Bisbing. Romero or Jacare should be fighting Bisbing with Whitaker hurt.

Bellator is starting to sign some good UFC fighters....

How is it a superior sport if their top guy just got his a$$ handed to him by a 40 year old from the lesser sport?

Great logic.

If the worlds top long distance runner takes on Usain Bolt in a marathon and wins...does that mean long distance running is superior to a 100 m sprint?

I think that GGG fight is going to be excellent. I may order it depending on price.

I will be tuning in for sure.

The biggest reason why MMA is superior right now is because they market the fighters and have better cards.

A UFC PPV event will have multiple well known fighters. Boxing generally it's just the main event.

Also there are so many belts in boxing, UFC has one.

Agree 100%

Boxing could be huge again but its not promoted correctly. MMA fans, at least in this country, still want to see a slug fest because combat sports here was built on boxing. It says something when an MMA fight goes to the ground and fans start booing. I don't agree with fans who do that, but I understand what they're saying.

MMA is also easier to follow. The biggest promotion is the UFC, they are the NFL of MMA, so the title holders are most likely the best in their weight classes. Bellator is picking up steam though and that's going to be the best thing for business, IMO.

But yea, business is all about money. GSP shouldn't get an immediate title shot but he's worth too many buys to not give him that. CM Punk had zero business jumping into the UFC, save for the fact that he did create business aka money.

Edited by KermitMcDermott

I will be tuning in for sure.

Agree 100%

Boxing could be huge again but its not promoted correctly. MMA fans, at least in this country, still want to see a slug fest because combat sports here was built on boxing. It says something when an MMA fight goes to the ground and fans start booing. I don't agree with fans who do that, but I understand what they're saying.

MMA is also easier to follow. The biggest promotion is the UFC, they are the NFL of MMA, so the title holders are most likely the best in their weight classes. Bellator is picking up steam though and that's going to be the best thing for business, IMO.

But yea, business is all about money. GSP shouldn't get an immediate title shot but he's worth too many buys to not give him that. CM Punk had zero business jumping into the UFC, save for the fact that he did create business aka money.

In the last year or two, Bellator has signed Benson Henderson, Rory McDonald, Gegard Moussi, Ryan Bader, Stephon Bonner, Roy Nelson, Matt Mitrone and a few other well known UFC fighters. Fighters are really getting sick of Dana White.

A ref is supposed to stop a fight as soon as he believes the fighter cannot protect himself. Conor was completely done.

No it wasn't. McGregor wasn't able to defend himself. His was barely standing.

Great stoppage 100%.

Some boxers just can't fall down. It's why they run 10 miles a day and why they invented the standing 8 count which wasn't allowed in the fight.

Some boxers legs are just to strong to give out no matter how much abuse they are taking... hence the TKO and standing 8 count

There was 2 minutes left in the round and Conor was in serious trouble of being hurt, Floyd was teeing off

Edited by Buffalo716