10 avilable FAs who can make a difference in 2017

RB De. Williams - He's older, but he can still be very effective as a complement to McCoy. McD knows him well from his days in Carolina.

TE G. Barnidge - The best TE on the market. Great possession type receive. He will help to move the chains.

WR E. Decker - Still a very good player. He needs to get back to full strength.

LB P. Riley - Would add good value, depth.

LB D. Levy - Starting caliber player who can do it all.

CB B. Flowers - Very talented. He needs to recover fully from his injuries.

S C. Graham - More depth is needed at S. He'd be a good value signing.

S J. Byrd - Again, more depth is needed at S. I think he can help us for the right price. Would he come back to Buffalo to ply for his Dad??

Would love Williams, but he said he wants to play for a Super Bowl contender.

Barnidge would be great, but do not think he wants to split with Clay.

Decker has too many health concerns.

I think we're good at LB and CB for the time being.

Would be for either Graham or Byrd, with a slight lean to the former.

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

Didn't we just cut graham because he wasn't playing to his moderate contract? And Has Levy or Flowers played a full season recently? What about the end of Byrd's tenure here makes you want to bring him back?

After signing harvin TWICE to terrible contracts and watching him cash in on IR, I should hope someone with the organization learned something about signing oft-injured veterans...

I think we still need more help at the positions that I have mentioned above.

The S position is very weak after Hyde and Poyer. Hyde is an excellent player. Poyer still has much to prove. Beyond that the Bills have very little.

At LB the Bills will start Hodges, Ragland, and Alexander, but is Alexander really well suited to play OLB?? That remains to be seen. If not then either Humber or P. Brown will be asked to step in and I'm not sure that is a good thing.

At CB the Bills will likely start Darby and T. White with Seymour, Wright, and Coleman providing depth.

That's just not good enough IMHO. At least one more solid CB is needed.

Adding Barnidge would greatly improve the offense and might preclude the need to add another vet WR.

Adding De. Williams would add another dimension to the offense because Dennison likes to pass the ball to his RBs quite a bit.

I think bringing in a veteran safety would be smart

Unless they are looking at one of these corners playing safety

Getting rid of Duke and Meeks was a start...

I'd go for the two safeties - Graham at SS AND Byrd at FS - and set them up as Team 1B at the position.

The safeties are going to get a ton of work in this defense.

Graham is currently at a 1.6 million cap hit to not play for us... He clearly wasn't willing to take a pay cut.

Byrd can't tackle, which is important in a Jim Johnson style defense.

I find its funny the thread narrative is that mgmt is actively looking or players to improve the team as is this is the first Bills regime with that objective, lol, the fact is there are very few players remaining in FA that can do that, improve us, up our projected win total, and so far the two they have pursued, Tre and Macklin choose other teams

Yes the over/under by Vegas and most pundits remain at just 6 wins, not saying I or others here agree with that projection, but surely the 6 wins is based on having lost more talent in the off season than gained, coating inexperience, and skepticism on who we gained in FA and drafted, especially in the D back 7, where right now we are counting on 75% of our secondary to be manned by players with a humungous lack of NFL starting exp, and our MLB is a unknown rookie

True, White/Ragland/Hyde/Poyer/OLB could all collectively play above their lack of NFL starting exp, and our D could surprise everyone, and Zay could surprise and instantly replace Woods, but its asking alot, which includes staying healthy, an impossibility in today's NFL, of which the D depth looks, well very very very thin

Look, if we win 8 game plus, NFL pundits will heep praises regarding our MGMT makeover this off season and all their moves, and fans will surely be giddy about the 2018 season, however should we only win 6 games I wonder how many folks who insisted we made great moves this off season will cling to that erred opinion, reality check please, unfort IMO the real opportunity to have picked up better talent was in Mar, not Jun and Jul, sorry....

jc