Anyone fly out of JFK airport in the past few weeks/month?

BillsFan4

I flew out of JFK (terminal 5 JetBlue) yesterday and it was a total nightmare. They are doing runway construction and most Jet Blue flights had MAJOR delays. I spent the entire day in the airport watching my flight get pushed back again and again and again. I was supposed to leave at noon and didn't even get on my flight until after midnight, so I was there over 14 hours (got there @ 10am).

From talking to other customers there, I guess this has been going on all month with Jet Blue (since construction started). Thing is, construction is scheduled to go on until sometime in 2018 IIRC.

I am wondering if anyone else has had a similar (or better) experience on another airline since this runway construction has been going on?

In my experience, JetBlue is not too good at dealing with delays, so I'm wondering if this issue is as bad with other airlines flying out of JFK. Trying to figure out if I should fly in/out of LaGuardia next trip, or if other airlines (out of JFK) are running ok still.

Well JetBlue has something like 150 daily departures from JFK and an equal number of arrivals. So i would *think* any construction/airport delays would ripple through their JFK operations worse than another airline with say 10-20 departures per day.

I'd pick another airline or use another area airport. But I personally hate flying out of any NYC airport.

Flying commercial does suck

Yeah, some bosses insisted on business class, but nobody has paid that for me.

The only hassle-free flights for me have been from Montreal to Toronto and back because almost all the passengers were Air Canada employees, so no delay at all.

We were JFK to Savannah a few weeks ago with no problems, I would think hard about the nightmare known as LaGuardia. We picked up my son for what was supposed to be an 11:30 PM pickup, due to construction they had arrivals lanes down to 1 lane. So only one passenger at a time could get picked up!! It was a total F&*^ck up! on the second pass (it takes about 30 minutes each pass) I see what the "construction" was 5 guys hanging up banners proclaiming that the new improvements would speed things up! They blocked up a lane so they could decorate the fence with a damn banner!! What a bunch of idiots!

JFK is having runway construction now. If possible, always try for an early AM flight. Most of those planes have been there overnight, and are usually ready to go. Later in the day, arrivals can start to back up, due to such things as runway/taxiway construction, or weather etc. Once arrivals start taking delays, the departure flights that those airplanes represent will start to slide too.