Moore, Roger Moore. Rip

Just Jack

Agreed, but I understand those 55 and older prefer Connery.

I'm told if you watched The Saint during it's original broadcasts it would ruin Moore as Bond.

I only saw The Saint during re-runs at the cottage in the mid-70s.

I'm under 55 (not by much) and Connery is my favorite Bond. Roger Moore was admirable, though. He had a tough act to follow, and he did it well.

I'm shaken but not stirred by this news.

:lol:

Agreed, but I understand those 55 and older prefer Connery.

I'm told if you watched The Saint during it's original broadcasts it would ruin Moore as Bond.

I only saw The Saint during re-runs at the cottage in the mid-70s.

I watched The Saint as a kid and they did not ruin them for me. In some films I preferred Connery, others Moore. I liked Pierce Brosnan the best however but number of movies he was in was small.

They knew that and put comedy into the Moore role.

They knew that I preferred Connery?

I'm under 55 (not by much) and Connery is my favorite Bond. Roger Moore was admirable, though. He had a tough act to follow, and he did it well.

Well said - my sentiments exactly.

I actually enjoy the new movies a lot - not necessarily because of Daniel Craig, but because the movies aren't rife with ridiculous gadgets, and they're pretty brutal when compared with all the others.

:lol:

Moore played Bond with too much camp, I think. (It was intentional, too...he just couldn't take seriously the idea of a secret agent that everyone knew by name.) And some of his movies were the most God-awful corniest things - the pigeon double-take at the gondola on land in Moonraker was excruciatingly painful.

But when you take the camp and the gizmos out of it, he was a great Bond, with perhaps the best Bond movie in For Your Eyes Only.

Moore played Bond with too much camp, I think. (It was intentional, too...he just couldn't take seriously the idea of a secret agent that everyone knew by name.) And some of his movies were the most God-awful corniest things - the pigeon double-take at the gondola on land in Moonraker was excruciatingly painful.

But when you take the camp and the gizmos out of it, he was a great Bond, with perhaps the best Bond movie in For Your Eyes Only.

This is pretty much what I was going to post regarding the 'camp' factor. Hard to say how much what was Moore vs the Directors.

I loved the Connery era flicks because they portrayed the seriousness of the Cold War in the '60s and the villains were still so mysterious (From Russia With Love will never be topped), but several of the Moore movies were really good too. Agreed that FYEO was his high point.

RIP