Rick Dennison interview on WGR

Because of the running game, the passing game didn't contribute squat.

I've been told numerous times by numerous posters that YARDS don't mean anything when it comes to where Tyrod was ranked as far as a passer.

Therefor yards from any player position don't mean anything regardless of how many are accumulated.

So the fact that the Bills gave up 3-200 yards rushers is completely irrelevant, as again, yards don't mean anything because the CoT is always right.

You sound very foolish. At the end of the game the box score doesnt care how the points were scored. If we scored 15 safeties, versus 10 fg, versus 3 rushing tds and 3 fg, or 3 passing tds and 3 fg, its 30 points. Points are what wins the game, not 400-500 yards agame passing. If that were the case Brees would have been post season bound last year.

Yeah those rushers didnt score anypoints or anything. I mean wioe Bells 3 tds right off that score board, do the same with Jays td in each if thise games.

Edited by Bill_with_it

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You sound very foolish. At the end of the game the box score doesnt care how the points were scored. If we scored 15 safeties, versus 10 fg, versus 3 rushing tds and 3 fg, or 3 passing tds and 3 fg, its 30 points. Points are what wins the game, not 400-500 yards agame passing. If that were the case Brees would have been post season bound last year.

Yeah those rushers didnt score anypoints or anything. I mean wioe Bells 3 tds right off that score board, do the same with Jays td in each if thise games.

Foolish... :w00t:

Do some research before you comment, you my friend are the one who looks foolish!

Edited by old school

Foolish... :w00t:

Do some research before you comment, you my friend are the one who looks foolish!

Right bell didnt score 3 tds on the ground and 200 plus yds in that game and Jay didnt have 2 200yd performances with a td each. It matters not how you score 30 points, if is 15 safeties, 10 fgs, 3 rtd and 3 fgs, or 3 ptds and 3 fgs.

I believe he can. He's a dynamic player. I'm hoping he takes that final step.

Final step? He has failed to master the fundamentals six seasons going into his seventh.

You're belief is based off of blind faith. What we've seen suggests he's gotten just about all hr can out of himself.

The whole key to your post was the dynamic player line. That's great, but he's a QB. You need a guy that can consistently deliver the football...especially late in games where passing is the way to win.

Edited by Crusher

Final step? He has failed to master the fundamentals six seasons going into his seventh.

You're belief is based off of blind faith. What we've seen suggests he's gotten just about all hr can out of himself.

The whole key to your post was the dynamic player line. That's great, but he's a QB. You need a guy that can consistently deliver the football...especially late in games where passing is the way to win.

omg

TT is never gonna be confused with a franchise qb....but not able to master the fundamentals

- You mean like ball security?

- You mean like the ability to score points?

Can we please get away from use of terms like this? Tyrod has a FINE grasp of the fundamentals.....he is a middle level starting qb in the NFL....he is just ever going to be one of the top guys

and the search continues....but you dont have to slam the guy that worked his ass off to become what he is because he is not Tom Brady

I also find it funny that Dennison is so highly thought of by the Taylor crowd. I think if it wasn't for the fact that he has ties to Tyrod, nobody would be all that excited.

He also wasn't McDermotts first or even second choice. He was targeting other guys...he settled for this guy just like he settled for Tyrod. Dennison may think he can do something with Tyrod. He may also just be enamoured with his physical abilities and won't be able to get much more out of him than the other coaches.

I think these two are tied together and are on a year to year basis. And the hook could come before seasons end if Taylor doesn't show major improvements IMHO

I also find it funny that Dennison is so highly thought of by the Taylor crowd. I think if it wasn't for the fact that he has ties to Tyrod, nobody would be all that excited.

He also wasn't McDermotts first or even second choice. He was targeting other guys...he settled for this guy just like he settled for Tyrod. Dennison may think he can do something with Tyrod. He may also just be enamoured with his physical abilities and won't be able to get much more out of him than the other coaches.

I think these two are tied together and are on a year to year basis. And the hook could come before seasons end if Taylor doesn't show major improvements IMHO

I honestly dont know too much about Dennison...its a wait and see

omg

TT is never gonna be confused with a franchise qb....but not able to master the fundamentals

- You mean like ball security?

- You mean like the ability to score points?

Can we please get away from use of terms like this? Tyrod has a FINE grasp of the fundamentals.....he is a middle level starting qb in the NFL....he is just ever going to be one of the top guys

and the search continues....but you dont have to slam the guy that worked his ass off to become what he is because he is not Tom Brady

Ball security and not taking chances is good at times. Other times it hurts the offense. I think he hurt the passing offense last season.

Points? Tyrod put up much less points than most other QB's.

Fundamentals for a QB: Accuracy, vision, pocket presence, mechanics, anticipation.

Tyrod struggles in all these areas.

Ball security and not taking chances is good at times. Other times it hurts the offense. I think he hurt the passing offense last season.

Fundamentals for a QB: Accuracy, vision, pocket presence, mechanics, anticipation.

not between his running and passing he doesnt....you have to figure those TDs together

there is NEVER a time when ball security is bad.....you can ask any coach that

and if Tyrod was truly not at the "fundamentals" level of accuracy, vision, pocket presence, mechancs, and anticipation....he wouldnt even be on the field

You are right I mean he wasnt an offensive coordinator on a superbowl winning team or anything recently like that. Yikes

You have no clue who was Mcdermotts first choice.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Tyrod had 51 under center plays last year, some 3 some 5 and some 7 I would assume, and his Y/A were .5 more than when in the shotgun, 7.3 vs 6.8.

Had 3 TDs no picks and a 104 rate which is good and 8 sacks isn't too bad.

So last year under center, it seams he was throwing the ball long while under center, whereas the WCO doesn't really give the WR time to get very far when the ball has to come out after 3 steps from the QB. Can he do it IDK we shall see.

Also wasn't a factor at all running the ball under center 11 rushes for 16 yards.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/T/TaylTy00/splits/2016/

I wonder what the run average was while under center for the RB was, My gut says t.he offense would benefit as a whole with Tyrod being under center, he has quick feet to get back and step in and so throw, also I think handoff timing is better. QB's when in the shot gun have to step then get into motion.

You are right I mean he wasnt an offensive coordinator on a superbowl winning team or anything recently like that. Yikes

You have no clue who was Mcdermotts first choice.

What was that team's calling card? It sure wasn't the offense.

And we know McDermott wanted other OC's because it was reported that he was looking to add guys like McCoy as OC. Only after those guys took other jobs did Dennison come into the picture.

Ignoring facts will not work here. I certainly have plenty of evidence that Dennison was not his first choice.

What was that team's calling card? It sure wasn't the offense.

And we know McDermott wanted other OC's because it was reported that he was looking to add guys like McCoy as OC. Only after those guys took other jobs did Dennison come into the picture.

Ignoring facts will not work here. I certainly have plenty of evidence that Dennison was not his first choice.

Im not ignoring a single thing. Here is the facts (by the way none of your post contains a fact)

-Dennison was an offensive coordinator for the Super Bowl winning Denver Broncos.

- Dennison's offense didnt cause Manning to throw all of those ints.

-Not once did Mcdermott ever say Mccoy was his number one choice. You remeber Mccoy as being the highly sought after offensive coordinator on the market, however that doesnt mean he was a first choice of Mcdermott, on the contrary it was a bunch of rumors.

- Do you know what the word fact is?

- Do you know that a rumor isnt fact, unless it has something to prove its fact.

- You bought a rumor and are selling it ham fact.

Im not ignoring a single thing. Here is the facts (by the way none of your post contains a fact)

-Dennison was an offensive coordinator for the Super Bowl winning Denver Broncos.

- Dennison's offense didnt cause Manning to throw all of those ints.

-Not once did Mcdermott ever say Mccoy was his number one choice. You remeber Mccoy as being the highly sought after offensive coordinator on the market, however that doesnt mean he was a first choice of Mcdermott, on the contrary it was a bunch of rumors.

- Do you know what the word fact is?

- Do you know that a rumor isnt fact, unless it has something to prove its fact.

- You bought a rumor and are selling it ham fact.

So putting together all the information and coming to an obvious conclusion is me buying a rumor?

Let me ask you...what evidence do you offer that Dennison was the first choice?

You have none. You just want to dispute something that was very apparent because there isn't 100% proof, which is ridiculous since we know how coaches operate.

Just like the Taylor wasn't going to be cut if he didn't take a pay cut crowd. Sure, we don't have irrefutable evidence that he would have, but based on everything we heard and how Taylor waited till his agent spoke to team's at the combine, it clearly appears that this was the case, yet those who reject this cling to the same thing as you are here.

When you can offer up something that disputes my assertion, then I'll consider responding again.

So putting together all the information and coming to an obvious conclusion is me buying a rumor?

Let me ask you...what evidence do you offer that Dennison was the first choice?

You have none. You just want to dispute something that was very apparent because there isn't 100% proof, which is ridiculous since we know how coaches operate.

Just like the Taylor wasn't going to be cut if he didn't take a pay cut crowd. Sure, we don't have irrefutable evidence that he would have, but based on everything we heard and how Taylor waited till his agent spoke to team's at the combine, it clearly appears that this was the case, yet those who reject this cling to the same thing as you are here.

When you can offer up something that disputes my assertion, then I'll consider responding again.

I never ever stated Dennison was his first choice because there is zero fact to suuport that. Thats the difference between you and I. You believe a rumor which many called a rumor. No one stated a source provided that information. Ian R. Even said its suggested, not a source close....

There was no obvious conclusion. If Mcdermott wanted Mccoy, I dont find it hard to believe that he would be on this team.

There is literally not a shred of anything other than a suggestion to state that Mccoy was his first choice.

Realistically It wouldnt bother me if you never posted again. Rumors that you masquerade as truth because you believe the rumors. If thats your style fine but its not mine nor others who arent likely to be sold rumors as facts.

Edited by Bill_with_it

Because of the running game, the passing game didn't contribute squat.

I've been told numerous times by numerous posters that YARDS don't mean anything when it comes to where Tyrod was ranked as far as a passer.

Therefor yards from any player position don't mean anything regardless of how many are accumulated.

So the fact that the Bills gave up 3-200 yards rushers is completely irrelevant, as again, yards don't mean anything because the CoT is always right.

122 rushing first downs 183 passing first downs.

Taylor was 17th in TDs 4 away from top 10, so no he didn't put up much less points than most other QB's.

I never ever stated Dennison was his first choice because there is zero fact to suuport that. Thats the difference between you and I. You believe a rumor which many called a rumor. No one stated a source provided that information. Ian R. Even said its suggested, not a source close....

There was no obvious conclusion. If Mcdermott wanted Mccoy, I dont find it hard to believe that he would be on this team.

There is literally not a shred of anything other than a suggestion to state that Mccoy was his first choice.

Realistically It wouldnt bother me if you never posted again. Rumors that you masquerade as truth because you believe the rumors. If thats your style fine but its not mine nor others who arent likely to be sold rumors as facts.

How many guys were interviewed or rumored to be targets of McDermott before we even heard Dennison's name? Greg Olsen, Mike McCoy, Norv Turner, Ken Dorsey, Alex Van Pelt. That's five I came up with from facts that were reported.

All we can believe is what's reported and stated unless it comes straight from the source. Going off of that...what I stated sure makes a whole lotta sense.

And as far as folks trying to sell something...you are trying to sell doubt on something that has very little room to do so. You can keep the door cracked open because of a technicality if you like, but it's simply a desperation tactic to refute something you don't like...probably because you have a problem with me since you stooped to the level of insulting me.

And FTR...I didn't say McCoy was definitely his first choice. Only that Dennison wasn't, and there's a bunch of evidence supporting my conclusion. Also, to suggest that McDermott would've gotten McCoy if he wanted sounds like some real made up opinion based off exactly nothing. Maybe he told him Tyrod would be the QB next season. That would cause plenty of OC's to decline an offer to come to Buffalo.

One more thing...I will continue to post, and I hope it bothers you immensely every time since you decided to take things to that level.

Taylor was 17th in TDs 4 away from top 10, so no he didn't put up much less points than most other QB's.

So more than half put up more TD's?

You really got me there, lol.