DOJ Appoints Robert Mueller as Special Counsel - Jerome Corsi Rejects Plea Deal

One important fact getting overlooked in all the discussion of whether FBI Attorney Kevin Clinesmith’s guilty plea represents the sacrifice of a minor criminal so the ringleaders can escape justice or the beginning of the end for those who were running the show is exactly whose show Clinesmith was a part of when the crime he’s admitted committing occurred.

You see, Clinesmith wasn’t working for James Comey on June 19, 2017, the date he altered that CIA email inconveniently identifying Trump’s onetime foreign policy advisor Carter Page as a trusted source.

By that point in time, Clinesmith was part of Robert Mueller’s Independent Counsel investigation.

And it was Mueller’s crew who made use of the illegitimately obtained renewal of the FISA warrant to spy on Page that Clinesmith’s willingness to commit forgery enabled.

https://www.redstate.com/michael_thau/2020/08/14/897459/

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Absolutely,  as reflected by the ever changing title to this thread during the investigation.  Breathless "we've got him this time" reporting.

It would be nice if a mod could change the title of this thread to reflect the real news of yesterday.

• Like (+1) 3

2 hours ago, BillsFanNC said:

Absolutely,  as reflected by the ever changing title to this thread during the investigation.  Breathless "we've got him this time" reporting.

It would be nice if a mod could change the title of this thread to reflect the real news of yesterday.

Or, we could all move on to Nanker's thread.  We probably should. This thread and the Russia thread are really no longer germane. We all know the Mueller report was an exoneration of Trump (Part 2 was "He's a poopie head" written by that horrible excuse for a human being Andrew Weissmann), the charges that did happen were for nothing to do with "collusion," and, Russian "collusion" was bull####.  We are on to to exposing #teamcoup and those charges, indictments, pleas, and possible trials (Trump reelection dependent).

Someone should start a Durham thread. ?

• Thank you (+1) 4

The Time Andrew Weissmann Was Reversed 9-0 by SCOTUS

FTA:

That is “Law According to Weissmann.”  And that is why I consider Andrew Weissman to have been an unethical prosecutor and am embarrassed by the fact that we held the same position.  The middle bolded passage is just stunning to me — the fact that Weissmann would have pushed for that language to be in a jury instruction says all I need to know about him:

“even if [Arthur Anderson] honestly and sincerely believed that its conduct was lawful, you may find [Arthur Anderson] guilty.”

That pretty much accurately describes third-world “show trial” requirements.  That’s how people end up in Chinese prisons.

The Supreme Court Justices who joined in rejecting “Weissman’s Law” were:

Chief Justice Rehnquist — wrote the opinion.

Justice Scalia

Justice Thomas

Justice O’Connor

Justice Kennedy

Justice Souter

Justice Stevens

Justice Ginsburg

Justice Breyer

Not a single Justice wrote a concurring opinion.  Not one wrote separately to say “I agree with the outcome, but I disagree with the option of the Chief Justice for the following reasons….”

Every Justice REJECTED Weissmann’s view of “criminality” without hesitation.

And Robert Mueller, as Director of the FBI, named Weissman to be “Special Counsel to The Director” the same year the Supreme Court decided the Arthur Anderson case.  Six years later Mueller made him General Counsel for the FBI, the Bureau’s top lawyer.

Later I’ll take up “Weissman’s Law” as it relates to the Clinesmith charges.  He doesn’t disappoint.

https://www.redstate.com/shipwreckedcrew/2020/08/17/the-time-andrew-weissmann-was-reversed-9-0-by-scotus-and-70000-people-still-lost-their-jobs/

• Thank you (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...