Greatest Spoiler Game Ever?

Interestingly, they chose to wear white at home for this game.

IIRC, it was to punk the Cowboys, who wore/wear white at home and on the road. A rare game where they had to wear blue.

Yeah dude.

Just a bit darker blue, big fat stripes on the sleeves and pants. Good look for the time period.

I don't think that blue was darker. It was overcast and the color on that vid is off. You can see the red around stadium wall is darker than normal.

The helmet looked dark as the facemask WAS a darker blue and looked very dark against players face. The equipment manager from that era told me they could not get the desired blue they wanted for facemask and it always came in too dark, so decided to change to white facemask because it made the helmet look too dark. Also that the white brightened up the helmet considerably in tests. They had similar problem with center blue strip until they started putting white backing on it to prevent the mix of blue on red darkening it.

It was a cool 80's look though.

Edited by cba fan

IIRC, it was to punk the Cowboys, who wore/wear white at home and on the road. A rare game where they had to wear blue.

That wouldn't surprise me.

Also weren't the Cowboys blue jerseys almost always a guaranteed loss when they played in them?

That wouldn't surprise me.

Also weren't the Cowboys blue jerseys almost always a guaranteed loss when they played in them?

Probably. They only wore them on the road, so right there that record was probably pretty bad.

I don't think that blue was darker. It was overcast and the color on that vid is off. You can see the red around stadium wall is darker than normal.

The helmet looked dark as the facemask WAS a darker blue and looked very dark against players face. The equipment manager from that era told me they could not get the desired blue they wanted for facemask and it always came in too dark, so decided to change to white facemask because it made the helmet look too dark. Also that the white brightened up the helmet considerably in tests. They had similar problem with center blue strip until they started putting white backing on it to prevent the mix of blue on red darkening it.

It was a cool 80's look though.

Yeah the film is dark no doubt, but I have an 84 Fergy jersey, it's close but slightly darker than my 94 Bruce jersey. Could just be a manufacturer/supplier thing.

It was tough being a Bills fan at 2-14, and I lived in Texas at the time. So the pregame trash was pretty heavy. That win was extra sweet for me, plus I got to watch it.

I'm in Texas now, it's still not all that great being a Bills fan in Texas. It was sweet when we beat them a couple years ago, but all I ever hear about is the Superbowls 25 years ago

I'm in Texas now, it's still not all that great being a Bills fan in Texas. It was sweet when we beat them a couple years ago, but all I ever hear about is the Superbowls 25 years ago

LOL at least I was there before that so didn't have that to deal with. I lived in Austin, and folks around there always claimed anybody from north of Waco was a Yankee. Except back then the Oilers weren't much better than the Bills so every Sunday all of a sudden Dallas was part of Texas again. But we sure had some good times.

I live about an hour and a half east of Dallas and my retarded self married a second generation cowboy fan so I get to hear about it often from my wife and father-in-law. It's getting bad again now that they're getting pretty good