So if McDermott can clean up the communication issues...

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

Completely agree and McD is entering his time with Buffalo when NE will be wrapping up their final couple years of dominance...could be perfect timing...

If Tyrod had scored a TD on that play we would have still been out of the playoffs and also possibly unable to make the trade down with Kansas City. So not only is your point dumb, it's really really dumb.

This thread was created to say if the Head coach could clean up communications it could lead to victories but winning is not about communication or heart it's not about leadership is not a character it's about do your players have the talent and the wherewithal to make the plays when you absolutely have to have them.

But I get it we as humans come up with reasons outside of what's actually happening for everything along time ago people saw lightning bolts and said well I don't know what they are but you know what there's a guy up there to throw some down at us

You love your team so you want to believe that he's gonna fix all these other things they're going to help you win but in the end it doesn't matter because he's only going to go as far as your starting quarterback's accuracy is going to take them and that's it that's my point

...in a game where he played (statistically) the best game an opposing QB has played in Seattle since the Legion of Boom was formed. That's probably not where to try to hang that L.

The Seattle game is merely an example of how communication problems lack of leadership having players with no heart poor schemes none of that matters win or lose the only thing that matters is if your players have the talent to make the plays when you have to have them if you have a quarterback that can make those plays when they have to happen you will win character problems scheme problems no heart problems lack of communication problems aside

Edited by RalphWilson'sNewWar

This team was right on the cusp when Marrone left.

It's hard to overstate how negatively Rex's incompetence affected things. Lack of discipline, late subs, confusion. 10 guys on the field for the most important play last season. Such a mess.

I think people are underestimating how good this team can be if McD is as good as we all hope he'll be. In the AFC, I think we have as good a shot at the playoffs as any team not named patriots.

...you are 101% correct.....he interviewed strong with Brandon and repeated stress "culture change".....subsequent calls to Brandon to express his interest were again repeating the importance of "culture change",,,he was right IMO...problem was he tried to emulate General Patton/da Fuhrer Coughlin (early days) which rubbed players, coaches and even brass (Brandon & Whaley) the wrong way....so he took his $4 mil and ran knowing Brandon & Whaley would always be his nemesis....Pegula did offer him a 4 year extension @ $19.6 mil to keep the transition smooth, but he bailed anyway...

This thread was created to say if the Head coach could clean up communications it could lead to victories but winning is not about communication or heart it's not about leadership is not a character it's about do your players have the talent and the wherewithal to make the plays when you absolutely have to have them.

But I get it we as humans come up with reasons outside of what's actually happening for everything along time ago people saw lightning bolts and said well I don't know what they are but you know what there's a guy up there to throw some down at us

You love your team so you want to believe that he's gonna fix all these other things they're going to help you win but in the end it doesn't matter because he's only going to go as far as your starting quarterback's accuracy is going to take them and that's it that's my point

The Seattle game is merely an example of how communication problems lack of leadership having players with no heart poor schemes none of that matters win or lose the only thing that matters is if your players have the talent to make the plays when you have to have them if you have a quarterback that can make those plays when they have to happen you will win character problems scheme problems no heart problems lack of communication problems aside

Still not following your point because he performed better THAN ANY QB EVER HAS in that stadium, against that defense. That is a really, really, really, really poor example to pick. It illustrates the point terribly. If you want to talk about Oakland late or the Ravens game, go for it. Pinning the Seahawks game on Taylor would have been like pinning the Dolphins game, if we would have won, on Ajayi. "He only had 206 yards."

Still not following your point because he performed better THAN ANY QB EVER HAS in that stadium, against that defense. That is a really, really, really, really poor example to pick. It illustrates the point terribly. If you want to talk about Oakland late or the Ravens game, go for it. Pinning the Seahawks game on Taylor would have been like pinning the Dolphins game, if we would have won, on Ajayi. "He only had 206 yards."

I wouldn't of used it to illustrated what really matters if it wasn't the best example available.

No level of communication errors resulted in that incomplete pass.

improved communication and coaching on the sidelines as such becomes a streamlined process with accountability you can look at half a win.

on the field if players can communicate the plays, scheme and coverage on defense it will be worth a win.

ultimately with the talent we lack on defense and without realizing the depth of defense i would say we are in advantage of winning 1 more game that we would not have won with rex.

I never said he wasn't.... I suggested he FOCUS on coaching above all else... Admittedly, The clips I saw of his Rookie minicamp left me unimpressed.

Your basing this off of selected shots they put on the website?

Your better then this. I understand the concern but cant we wait and see what he actually does first?