NFLPA to focus on marijuana for therapeutic reason

Hey, did you make a good point, then take it away? Just curious. :)

i thought a comment in it may be a bit harsh, and i'm trying not to be that guy.

my point for those who didn't see it is that it's just simple to call everyone who uses marijuana a "pot head". people who enjoy a couple of drinks on occasion certainly aren't alcoholics, so why label casual pot users the same way.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought a comment in it may be a bit harsh, and i'm trying not to be that guy.

my point for those who didn't see it is that it's just simple to call everyone who uses marijuana a "pot head". people who enjoy a couple of drinks on occasion certainly aren't alcoholics, so why label casual pot users the same way.

I didn't see it as overly harsh (just a good point), but I truly respect playing things on the safe side. This is all for enjoyment and nothing said here will change the world. (Because if it would I'd control everything!) Not worth getting into anything too deep into things people are emotional about. I often agree to disagree.

Sorry, I just thought you just made a good point, didn't mean to egg you on if you were uncomfortable with the way it came off.

Maybe I missed the harsh part.....

Indication of a crime? Sure. Enough evidence for a conviction? Not unless you are in some kangaroo court.

we're not talking about wopner's court. a crime is a crime. but this is getting way off track

i work for peanuts compared to these guys and i won't do drugs partly because of that and mostly because i know that drugs don't cure or fix anything.

Chris Coolie for one. Listening to D.C. Radio and he'll mention it frequently.

chris coolie=chris cooley.

and one guy said so.

i asked a guy who played. he said he didn't notice it as a big deal. played for 5 years i think with manning and roethlisberger among others.

see, i can play someone said something about something, too.

but hearsay isn't proof. back to the drawing board, bub

we're not talking about wopner's court. a crime is a crime. but this is getting way off track

i work for peanuts compared to these guys and i won't do drugs partly because of that and mostly because i know that drugs don't cure or fix anything.

and one guy said so.

i asked a guy who played. he said he didn't notice it as a big deal. played for 5 years i think with manning and roethlisberger among others.

So....you don't do Advil? How about antibiotics? They gave my father morphine (think heroin) in Hospice, and I was so thankful that was available. I think things are not as cut and dried or black and white as you see them. I also will volunteer that I don't know everything. The world might be a better place if people learned more, preached and judged less. (And by that, I am NOT saying you are wrong, just have a different opinion.)

If you want to restrict to the "recreational" options, do you approve of alcohol or tobacco?

So....you don't do Advil? How about antibiotics? They gave my father morphine (think heroin) in Hospice, and I was so thankful that was available. I think things are not as cut and dried or black and white as you see them. I also will volunteer that I don't know everything. The world might be a better place if people learned more, preached and judged less. (And by that, I am NOT saying you are wrong, just have a different opinion.)

If you want to restrict to the "recreational" options, do you approve of alcohol or tobacco?

those do not cure or fix anything.

they mask the symptoms.

and i want to ban recreational use of drugs, tobacco, and dancing. no more dancing in this town. if you want to dance you can go out to the mill which is outside city lines.

they mask the symptoms.

and i want to ban recreational use of drugs, tobacco, and dancing. no more dancing in this town. if you want to dance you can go out to the mill which is outside city lines.

Square dancing is an American right! Don't ask for the pitchfork brigade to head to your fortress!

P.S. That is EXACTLY what antibiotics do, but feel free to carry on.....

Square dancing is an American right! Don't ask for the pitchfork brigade to head to your fortress!

P.S. That is EXACTLY what antibiotics do, but feel free to carry on.....

missed the, antibiotics part. C. Long day.

We are talking recreational drugs. Unless you find recreational amusement in taking antibiotics which destroy your stomach lactobacillus

missed the, antibiotics part. C. Long day.

We are talking recreational drugs. Unless you find recreational amusement in taking antibiotics which destroy your stomach lactobacillus

OK, so if you are, say, dying of a horrible and painful condition (as my father was) with days or hours to live in hospice, is there something glorious or heroic in declining the morphine? Be careful, that's a slippery slope! Edited by Augie

OK, so if you are, say, dying of a horrible and painful condition (as my father was) with days or hours to live in hospice, is there something glorious or heroic in declining the morphine? Be careful, that's a slippery slope!

I think I said exactly that actually

and one guy said so.

Yes, Cooley is "one guy". If you wanted to be honest with yourself you would google it and see that a number of former and few current players will say the same thing. around 50%.

I choose to believe that # to be plausible.

they mask the symptoms.

Advil or antibiotics don't fix or cure anything?

I have a headache, affter taking Advil I don't have a headache anymore. It didn't fix the pain?

Antibiotics don't kill infections?

I have a headache, affter taking Advil I don't have a headache anymore. It didn't fix the pain?

I missed the antibiotics. But we are talking recreational drugs

And no. Asvil doesn't cure the cause of the headache only the symptom.

I'm for legalization. I say that countlessly. I'm for legalization of everything. But not under the guise of it is some wonder drug.

Cures backaches? so do dead lifts.

Cures anxiety? So does a walk, jog or swim.

Cures depression? So does a hobby.

Weed and getting high are fine with me but stay off the road. If caught you get 2 yrs mandatory in federal pound me in the arse prison. If its against workplace regulation you get fired. If you have a cdl than you lose it for life. If you have a pilots license that you fly high, no lie, ballin', if you're a school janitor and the pipsqueeks get ahold of your stash in the sock of you shoe then you have to repeat elementary school.

I'm for legalization. I say that countlessly. I'm for legalization of everything. But not under the guise of it is some wonder drug.

Weed and getting high are fine with me but stay off the road. If caught you get 2 yrs mandatory in federal pound me in the arse prison. If its against workplace regulation you get fired. If you have a cdl than you lose it for life. If you have a pilots license that you fly high, no lie, ballin', if you're a school janitor and the pipsqueeks get ahold of your stash in the sock of you shoe then you have to repeat elementary school.

I didn't say it cured the headache, I said it eliminates the pain. That's what it's intended to do.

Man you really paint everything with the same brush.

All depression, backaches and anxiety are all the same. Maybe I'll tel my friend who served 4 tours in the Middle East who has depression that he just needs a hobby and all his PTSD will go away.

I didn't say it cured the headache, I said it eliminates the pain. That's what it's intended to do.

Man you really paint everything with the same brush.

All depression, backaches and anxiety are all the same. Maybe I'll tel my friend who served 4 tours in the Middle East who has depression that he just needs a hobby and all his PTSD will go away.

no. You didn't read my previous posts. I said many things alleviate symptoms and reduce pain but theyvdont cure the problem

:insert reading is fundamental gif:

no. You didn't read my previous posts. I said many things alleviate symptoms and reduce pain but theyvdont cure the problem

:insert reading is fundamental gif:

Hmmmm...I'm seeing the word "cure" for the problems. You mentioned it 3 times. I even put it in bold it for you just in case you miss it.

:insert knowing what you write is fundamental gif

a lot of what you mentioned works well for me, but not for somone that has hardcore anxiety or depression. i have no idea how dead lifts cure back aches. i stay away from them so i don't bother my back.

concerning the medical use of pot, i think it should primarily used as pain and seizure relief. i'm sure there are other applications, but mostly i like the idea that it can replace opioids. i'm not a fan of the "cure all" idea.

if it becomes completely legal, which i think it will, they have to regulate it like they would booze. sending someone to a mandatory prison stay is just nuts, (i don't think you were being serious anyway).

legalization of pot doesn't have to be complicated in any way. i think most people that fear it are the ones that don't understand it, and really see it as a hard core drug. i'm more of a drinker than anything else, but i see pot as faaaaaar less harmful than alcohol, for what it does to your body, attitude, and addictive qualities.

I usually take Advil for inflammation, which it certainly helps.

those NSAIDs are some of the best for pain relief. with certain applications, they work far better than something like hydrocodone.

Hmmmm...I'm seeing the word "cure" for the problems. You mentioned it 3 times. I even put it in bold it for you just in case you miss it.

:insert knowing what you write is fundamental gif

Ahh so you have reading comprehension is the issue. Sarcasm font is needed. Cures is sarcasm

try yoga. Seriously.