Pegula press conference today

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it when Terry speaks. He always seems surprised and appalled at the questions he gets.

This is my favorite post of the thread :lol: ........for sheer truth.......so funny.......but unfortunately for TP, not a good way to get the media off your back.

"Pegula showed up with grandiose goals when he arrived and started talking about winning Stanley Cups, but he never really had a plan. He can fire people all he wants, but it does little good unless he hires the right people to replace them. His inability to identify quality people has been a persistent flaw for years and a trademark of his teams." Bucky Gleason

http://buffalonews.com/2017/04/20/bucky-gleason-pegulas-check-mirror-source-sabres-biggest-problem/

....Jesus the protective keyboard cowardice criticism b y the "know it all gang" of this guy is reminiscent of the BBMB PG-13 Gang crap.....he forked over $1.6 BILLION to buy the Bills and Sabres because of his dedication to Buffalo and WNY (also bought Bandits & AHL Amerks)....think there is a learning curve is franchise ownership?.....think maybe you keep pieces in place until you can evaluate what you have administratively and front office wise?...cut these people some slack......they'll get it right.......

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

they screwed up the tank by not getting McDavid.. he was the big prize

That wasnt a screw up. They did all they could, including acquiring a few other potential lottery picks to increase the odds. They got Eichel, which is great.'

The screw up was when Pegula cut LaFontaine (and Craig Patrick) loose, allowing this green, socially awkward GM to assume full control. He had a glut of assets and almost full cap room, and squandered most of it with little to show right now. The organization was net-healthier when he took over (believe it or not).

That wasnt a screw up. They did all they could, including acquiring a few other potential lottery picks to increase the odds. They got Eichel, which is great.'

The screw up was when Pegula cut LaFontaine (and Craig Patrick) loose, allowing this green, socially awkward GM to assume full control. He had a glut of assets and almost full cap room, and squandered most of it with little to show right now. The organization was net-healthier when he took over (believe it or not).

He didn't let LaFontaine go; Patty resigned...just like he has from 2 other jobs (one with the Islanders after only 6 weeks, another with the NFL after less than a year).

I think the world of LaFontaine as a player and a person, but the fact that he's resigned from 3 separate positions tells me that he is the difficult person to work with in this situation as opposed to the owner.