We knew it was....

4merper4mer

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC. 10%.

Driving under the influence should not be condoned but there are other causes with much higher rates.

Curious -

How many fatal car crashes are caused by people texting? 23 to 28 %.

Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Authorities in Washington recorded 436 fatal crashes in 2013, and determined that drivers involved in 40 crashes tested positive for THC. 10%.

Driving under the influence should not be condoned but there are other causes with much higher rates.

Curious -

How many fatal car crashes are caused by people texting? 23 to 28 %.

Texting while driving is 6x more likely to cause an accident than driving drunk.

21% of teen drivers involved in fatal accidents were distracted by their cell phones.

The National Safety Council reports that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year

Are the people only 10% dead? Geez.

If you show me somewhere that I said texting and driving is a good idea I might think you have a point. But I didn't so you don't.

Are the people only 10% dead? Geez.

If you show me somewhere that I said texting and driving is a good idea I might think you have a point. But I didn't so you don't.

Did I condone it? No, I did not.

My point again is that you are making this out be be a bigger issue that it really is.

Did I condone it? No, I did not.

My point again is that you are making this out be be a bigger issue that it really is.

People smoke pot. They get impaired. Other people die. Then the pot heads create a church so they can worship a plant. On this very site there i a whole thread about how pot cures every illness known to man. And I'm the one making it a big issue?

People smoke pot. They get impaired. Other people die. Then the pot heads create a church so they can worship a plant. On this very site there i a whole thread about how pot cures every illness known to man. And I'm the one making it a big issue?

impaired driving is a serious issue, i absolutely agree with you. pot included.

creating a church to worship a plant is...i don't know what to say. i suppose it is just as asinine as any religion. although it may make impaired driving offenders easier to spot so that's good.

however, even if smoking pot is only bad i don't see the point in being self-righteous about it. perhaps you have never done anything morally questionable?

impaired driving is a serious issue, i absolutely agree with you. pot included.

creating a church to worship a plant is...i don't know what to say. i suppose it is just as asinine as any religion. although it may make impaired driving offenders easier to spot so that's good.

however, even if smoking pot is only bad i don't see the point in being self-righteous about it. perhaps you have never done anything morally questionable?

I've noticed the pot heads slam the big man often, or at least religion. I thought this was an offshoot of the guilt, which it may be, but it could also be that only one thing can be worshipped at a time.

I'm sure the dead people will be happy to hear there are plenty of loopholes and excuses.

You completely missed the point. The article itself says that they couldn't determine if the drivers were aftually impaired.

They very well could have smoked pot 7 to 30 days before the accident, and got into a crash for a totally unrelated reason.

If they were driving around smoking pot and it directly caused the accident, then it's different. But we don't know that, and the article you listed doesn't know it either.

Does it now? Might be if you smoked 5 joins a day.

For casual users .... I'd say 1 week and you could pass a drug test.

I had a buddy fail who smoked less than a single joint nearly a month before he was tested. I think it all depends on the person, their metabolism and their weight + body fat percentage (as it stores in your body fat IIRC).

You completely missed the point. The article itself says that they couldn't determine if the drivers were aftually impaired.

They very well could have smoked pot 7 to 30 days before the accident, and got into a crash for a totally unrelated reason.

If they were driving around smoking pot and it directly caused the accident, then it's different. But we don't know that, and the article you listed doesn't know it either.

I had a buddy fail who smoked less than a single joint nearly a month before he was tested. I think it all depends on the person, their metabolism and their weight + body fat percentage (as it stores in your body fat IIRC).

So since we can't know, are the people still dead or did they come back to life?

I don't hate anyone, but I have no idea what you're talking about.

Aliens from other planets. Both believe that there religion has an alien influence.

You are right, Hate might be a it harsh.

Xenu and Kolob was meant to be a joke.

Does mentioning the Church or medical health care and drug abuse cross the PPP threshold? I don't want to be in any violation of the CoC.

Did you hear about the kid who who had traces of MJ in his system wasn't allowed to get a lung transplant and died of complications in surgery?

https://www.yahoo.com/news/teenager-refused-lung-transplant-because-235754820.html

In a general statement, a hospital spokesman said: "We do not transplant organs in patients with active alcohol, tobacco or illicit drug use or dependencies until these issues are addressed, as these substances are contraindicated for a transplant."

contraindicated - (of a condition or circumstance) suggest or indicate that (a particular technique or drug) should not be used in the case in question.