Rotoworld ranks Whaley as worst GM in NFL

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whaley himself said you have to build through the draft and we have the fewest draft picks on the roster than any team in the nfl..... you cannot rely on Free Agency

Yes he absolutely needs to draft better. I was not trying to suggest otherwise.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204027/article/new-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

Touche.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000204027/article/new-bills-gm-doug-whaley-integral-in-ej-manuel-pick

"I was an integral part in the drafting process of EJ Manuel," Whaley said on NFL Network's "NFL Total Access" on Thursday. "I was the person that handled the draft process and setting up the board."

We all know Whaley set the board. The question is who made the final call on drafting EJ? I still suspect Nix was the most responsible.

Yep. I would bet right after the draft we hear he is gone

I think the right time for firing Whaley this year has come and gone. What exactly does a new GM do brought on right after the draft do? Work on signing all the rookies he had no hand in drafting?

I think the right time for firing Whaley this year has come and gone. What exactly does a new GM do brought on right after the draft do? Work on signing all the rookies he had no hand in drafting?

I doubt there is going to be a real GM in Buffalo anytime soon. If Whaley is fired they will just bring in one of Sean's boys.

It's weird, as I read that he orchestrated the EJ Manuel, I remember Buddy was still the GM and that isn't it common knowledge Doug wanted to trade back again out of 16 but Buddy decided to pull the trigger on EJ at 16?

It's a buffalo news theory that he was behind the move...since the information appears to have come from the bn..the article is invalid and should be ignored.