Marrone: "We have to rebuild Bortles' Foundation"

TPS

Maybe you forgot our first winning record in 12 years.

Again, it was thanks to the Cheaters laying down in the season finale. If that game had meant something, the Bills would have been 8-8.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, it was thanks to the Cheaters laying down in the season finale. If that game had meant something, the Bills would have been 8-8.

Lol sure thing. If and buts. If 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs, we still would've made it. You win the games you play.

Bortles could be going to a new home.

"Rumors heat up around the NFL Draft every year, and Blake Bortles to the Arizona Cardinals is another one to keep an eye on.

As we all know Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer is at the tail end of his career at 37 years old. 13 seasons in the NFL — including the last four in Arizona — have taken a toll on the former Heisman Trophy winner out of USC. He’s got one, maybe two seasons of competitive football left."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/arizona-cardinals-blake-bortles-not-worth-more-than-mid-round-pick-041717

Lol sure thing. If and buts. If 9-7 was good enough to make the playoffs, we still would've made it. You win the games you play.

Even if you were to simplistically look at just the record and not take into account that the last game was meaning for both teams, so what if they had a "winning record"? Where did it get them?

Maybe you forgot our first winning record in 12 years.

...Marrone would probably still be in Bflo had he changed his style/approach.....tried to operate like a dictatorial General Patton and managed to alienate players, staff & brass.....hell even da Fuhrer Coughlin saw the light.........Pegula did offer him a $19.6 million dollar extension but he took his $4 mil and pull a "Bobby Petrino".....think he sensed a mutiny........

Even if you were to simplistically look at just the record and not take into account that the last game was meaning for both teams, so what if they had a "winning record"? Where did it get them?

"Who cares if we win more games than we lose." Interesting take from a fan. 10-6 and missing the playoffs is just as bad as 7-9 and missing the playoffs?

...Marrone would probably still be in Bflo had he changed his style/approach.....tried to operate like a dictatorial General Patton and managed to alienate players, staff & brass.....hell even da Fuhrer Coughlin saw the light.........Pegula did offer him a $19.6 million dollar extension but he took his $4 mil and pull a "Bobby Petrino".....think he sensed a mutiny........

Pegula refused to extend his staff along with him. Marrone fought for his loyal coaches. Pegs called his bluff and it ended up costing him $64M.

Bortles could be going to a new home.

"Rumors heat up around the NFL Draft every year, and Blake Bortles to the Arizona Cardinals is another one to keep an eye on.

As we all know Arizona Cardinals quarterback Carson Palmer is at the tail end of his career at 37 years old. 13 seasons in the NFL including the last four in Arizona have taken a toll on the former Heisman Trophy winner out of USC. Hes got one, maybe two seasons of competitive football left."

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/arizona-cardinals-blake-bortles-not-worth-more-than-mid-round-pick-041717

Orton is NOT answering his phone, Marrone

"Who cares if we win more games than we lose." Interesting take from a fan. 10-6 and missing the playoffs is just as bad as 7-9 and missing the playoffs?

Pegula refused to extend his staff along with him. Marrone fought for his loyal coaches. Pegs called his bluff and it ended up costing him $64M.

.....can''t blame Pegula for that......why issue a blanket extension?.....Marrone balked at the $19.6 mil for himself......TP called him and Doug said, "I'll have to get back to you".....he was shopping at a mall for his wife's Christmas gift.....never did and then bailed.....Wade tried the same thing with RW after Ralph wanted Wade's ST Coach gone....Wade balked and it was "you resigned...no you fired me"....Wade got his 800K via arbitrator's decision and Marrone took his 4 mil and ran....all OBD history now.............

.....can''t blame Pegula for that......why issue a blanket extension?.....Marrone balked at the $19.6 mil for himself......TP called him and Doug said, "I'll have to get back to you".....he was shopping at a mall for his wife's Christmas gift.....never did and then bailed.....Wade tried the same thing with RW after Ralph wanted Wade's ST Coach gone....Wade balked and it was "you resigned...no you fired me"....Wade got his 800K via arbitrator's decision and Marrone took his 4 mil and ran....all OBD history now.............

Because the best HC this franchise had seen in 12 years asked. And you'd like to keep him happy. Or else you'd have to spend $64M failing to come close to replacing him.

Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to look at the record and ignore the meaningless season finale, fine. But don't conveniently toss-aside that they still failed to make the playoffs. And winning record in and of itself means nothing if you don't follow up and improve on it.

Sorry but you can't have your cake and eat it too. If you want to look at the record and ignore the meaningless season finale, fine. But don't conveniently toss-aside that they still failed to make the playoffs. And winning record in and of itself means nothing if you don't follow up and improve on it.

They let Marrone walk, Doc. He wasn't the coach of the Bills the next year. Did you forget your meds?

They let Marrone walk, Doc. He wasn't the coach of the Bills the next year. Did you forget your meds?

No, he chose to walk because he had a $5M buyout and thought he had the Jets job sewn-up. So pardon me if his sham "winning record" his 2nd season, thought losing record overall with the Bills, leaves me unimpressed.

No, he chose to walk because he had a $5M buyout and thought he had the Jets job sewn-up. So pardon me if his sham "winning record" his 2nd season, thought losing record overall with the Bills, leaves me unimpressed.

I'm sure if the Bills lost against the Pats when they rested their second half, the game wouldn't have counted either.

Wins against backup QB's or backups don't count. Except in the W-L column. Marrone should've done his best to get Brady to play to satisfy the twisted pride of fans.

I'm sure if the Bills lost against the Pats when they rested their second half, the game wouldn't have counted either.

Wins against backup QB's or backups don't count. Except in the W-L column. Marrone should've done his best to get Brady to play to satisfy the twisted pride of fans.

No, if the Bills lost to the Cheaters' backups, it most definitely would have counted. The point being the Cheaters rested their starters for an entire half because the game meant nothing to them and also meant nothing to the Bills since their season was over by then. And again, even with that "winning record" Marrone's overall record was 15-17. No one knows what could have been if he stayed because he chose to leave.

But hey, we'll get to see what he's like as a HC with a new team. One replete with a high first round QB.

No, if the Bills lost to the Cheaters' backups, it most definitely would have counted. The point being the Cheaters rested their starters for an entire half because the game meant nothing to them and also meant nothing to the Bills since their season was over by then. And again, even with that "winning record" Marrone's overall record was 15-17. No one knows what could have been if he stayed because he chose to leave.

But hey, we'll get to see what he's like as a HC with a new team. One replete with a high first round QB.

Well, really just Brady and a select few.

If the game meant something to the Bills, do you think they wouldn't have rested Brady?

Edited by FireChan

Well, really just Brady and a select few.

If the game meant something to the Bills, do you think they wouldn't have rested Brady?

I believe they rested most of their starters after halftime.

As for what the Cheaters would have done if the game meant something to the Bills, I have no idea of they'd kept him in after halftime. The point was it was a meaningless game for both teams.

I believe they rested most of their starters after halftime.

As for what the Cheaters would have done if the game meant something to the Bills, I have no idea of they'd kept him in after halftime. The point was it was a meaningless game for both teams.

I'm sorry we have resorted to pretending W's didn't happen to make ourselves feel better. Must be tough.