If gender is so fluid...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I am a clinical psychologist and an educator. Oh yeah, and I also live in Vermont. I'm not organizing LGBT rallies or anything, but it is an issue that I encounter frequently in both my professional and personal life. I receive a great deal of professional development/training on the subject, work with these people first hand, and know and interact with these people personally.

It is not untrue to say "if you have a Y you're a guy." That's just a fact. It is dismissive and flat out ignorant, however, to attribute all cases of gender confusion/fluidity as mental illness. That blanket assumption couldn't be further from the truth based on my professional and personal experience. JMO

There are cases not directly attributed to the psychiatric condition "gender dysphoria?" Have you told the DSM-V that not everyone with Borderline personality disorder had a personality disorder?

There are cases not directly attributed to the psychiatric condition "gender dysphoria?" Have you told the DSM-V that not everyone with Borderline personality disorder had a personality disorder?

The DSM tends to lag the psychiatric community, not lead it.

In the near future when you go to the doctor to find out what your baby's gender is he will simply say, "I don't know, but it would have to piss standing up". Lol

No, he/she will say "well, right now the baby is a boy/girl, but who the !@#$ knows later on?!"

No, he/she will say "well, right now the baby is a boy/girl, but who the !@#$ knows later on?!"

No, the doctor will report you to the Department of Social Justice for Gender Bigotry simply for asking the question, and the state will take you child away.