Every NFL Helmet in Biggest Rival's Colors

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On a brighter note, I was at Shea (it will always be Shea to me) for opening day! LGM!

That makes no sense. You don't call a brand new stadium that never had another name by the name of the demolished stadium it replaced.

Calling New Era Field Rich Stadium or the Ralph is completely different, because it's the same building.

Would anyone call the dome where the Sabres play The Aud? Of course not.

As someone who grew up at Shea, I get it HTO2. I don't call it Shea anymore, cuz I never took my boys there (missed by a year) but I get it. I've been to a bunch of Jets/Bills at the Meadowlands and it will never be MetLife to me.

That makes no sense. You don't call a brand new stadium that never had another name by the name of the demolished stadium it replaced.

Calling New Era Field Rich Stadium or the Ralph is completely different, because it's the same building.

Maybe he just tailgated for the whole game in the Parking Lot at Shea.

That's great, I'm glad you have your rules about what names you call stadiums. I don't think this is an issue worth debating about since there isn't a right answer is subjective.

As someone who grew up at Shea, I get it HTO2. I don't call it Shea anymore, cuz I never took my boys there (missed by a year) but I get it. I've been to a bunch of Jets/Bills at the Meadowlands and it will never be MetLife to me.

Exactly! If you grew up a Mets fan you know the Mets play at Shea like Seaver will always be The Franchise.

That's great, I'm glad you have your rules about what names you call stadiums. I don't think this is an issue worth debating about since there isn't a right answer is subjective.

Exactly! If you grew up a Mets fan you know the Mets play at Shea like Seaver will always be The Franchise.

Yes there is a right answer. Shea Stadium doesn't exist. A completely new stadium was built, in a different location, with a different name.

If you grew up a Mets fan you know the Mets used to play at Shea.

If a McDonald's you always went to as a kid was torn down and a Burger King was built next door, I guess you'd keep telling your kids to go get a burger at McDonald's, right?