Political Humor

I generally like him from what I've seen but that was not his best work.

I think political humor, for the most art, has to take a side. Most of the comedians are lefties and most on both sides are also pretty stupid when it comes to politics. I think most of them are better when they are talking about kids, planes or whatever. Regan definitely is based on that clip. Only the best can really do political humor and most audience members are wound so tight these days that it probably isn't worth the risk.

Agree with his stances or not, Carlin was obviously great but I'm not sure even he would do so great today. Politics haven't changed much nor the observation but there are a lot more novices looking at it that think they're experts. And they're sitting in the audience. I think you need someone that is also combative with his audience in general and THEN goes into politics. An Andy Kaufman type. I think that would work. Everyone else walks on eggshells to some extent and that doesn't work. I think Chappelle could pull it off. Probably Louis CK as well. That's about it. Beyond that it's just impressions and stuff, which is all good but not really political.

Edited by 4merper4mer

When it comes to political humor, in my mind, GC is right at the top:

Which reminds me, can we all agree that Dave Chappell (sp?) is one funny MF'er? And the SJW's are making a big stink over his latest routine. Which begs the question, would GC be nearly universally revered in the comedy world today with all the PC running amok?

Which reminds me, can we all agree that Dave Chappell (sp?) is one funny MF'er? And the SJW's are making a big stink over his latest routine. Which begs the question, would GC be nearly universally revered in the comedy world today with all the PC running amok?

Dave is absolutely a comic genius.

He was also deeply affected by the (very) dark side of the fame monster. I've only made it through the first half of his 2 hour special but it was fantastic. The four times he met OJ had me rolling.

I hear the second half is even better... and has much more material that would be best suited in the Deep State thread.

It's a good question about Carlin. He would be embraced by the Bernie Bros of the world (I would think) but the SJW would loathe him... which, I would think, would please him greatly.

Completely agree on Chappelle - he's an absolute genius. The SJWs would be apoplectic over this one (caution - it's uncensored):

Part 1

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/7nnosh/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--1---uncensored

Part 2

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/ga0sc4/chappelle-s-show--frontline----clayton-bigsby-pt--2---uncensored

I've also heard both Chris Rock and Jerry Seinfeld saying how they've stopped doing shows at colleges due to the out of control PC attitudes on campus.

• 3 weeks later...

This is not typical political humor but it is some funny schit. Note the author's name too. I wonder if the animals are barred from Heaven for who they ate?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wild-boars-overrun-islamic-state-position-kill-3-militants/ar-BBAmjUs?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Three Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told The Times of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

“It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields,” he said.

Al-Assi said the militants had summarily executed 25 people attempting to flee the militant's would-be caliphate in the three days before the boars attacked. Hawija, about 100 miles south of Mosul, sees dozens of residents flee to Kurdish Kirkuk daily, and the Iraqi military has planned to launch an offensive in the region after a laborious effort to liberate Mosul is completed.

This is not typical political humor but it is some funny schit. Note the author's name too. I wonder if the animals are barred from Heaven for who they ate?

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/wild-boars-overrun-islamic-state-position-kill-3-militants/ar-BBAmjUs?ocid=HPCOMMDHP15

Three Islamic State militants setting up an ambush in a bitterly contested area of northern Iraq were killed by a herd of stampeding boars, local leaders say.

Sheikh Anwar al-Assi, a chief of the local Ubaid tribe and supervisor of anti-ISIS forces, told The Times of London the militants were hiding on the edge of a field about 50 miles southwest of Kirkuk when the boars overwhelmed them Sunday. Five other militants were injured, al-Assi said. He said the group was poised to attack a band of local tribesmen who had fled to nearby mountains since militants seized the town of Hawija three years ago.

“It is likely their movement disturbed a herd of wild pigs, which inhabit the area as well as the nearby cornfields,” he said.

Al-Assi said the militants had summarily executed 25 people attempting to flee the militant's would-be caliphate in the three days before the boars attacked. Hawija, about 100 miles south of Mosul, sees dozens of residents flee to Kurdish Kirkuk daily, and the Iraqi military has planned to launch an offensive in the region after a laborious effort to liberate Mosul is completed.

Humor, poetic justice, irony and......John Bacon. :lol: