Clayton Quick Hits

JoeF

March 1, 2005

Regarding Henry

The Cardinals no longer have interest in Bills halfback Travis Henry. They seriously considered trading tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for Henry, but they have changed their minds for two reasons. First, they see a great crop of running backs available in the draft. Second, they wanted Henry to play out the final year of his contract before giving him a big contract extension. Henry preferred to get his money now, and that's not a sell for the Cardinals.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/clayton/qhits.html

From the man who gave us Fassel is a done deal......

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Now we have some serious issues. We have to replace a LT and get a LG with only 8 million dollars in free agency. Thats not good. Maybe we can take one of the Raiders LTs off of them in lieu of a draft pick...it'll help their salary cap woes a smidge, I'm sure.

March 1, 2005

Regarding Henry

The Cardinals no longer have interest in Bills halfback Travis Henry. They seriously considered trading tackle L.J. Shelton to Buffalo for Henry, but they have changed their minds for two reasons. First, they see a great crop of running backs available in the draft. Second, they wanted Henry to play out the final year of his contract before giving him a big contract extension. Henry preferred to get his money now, and that's not a sell for the Cardinals.

257622[/snapback]

Wahles stock for us just went up a few notches.

Travis Henry screws the Bills once again.  No surprise there.

257633[/snapback]

Anyone remember that thread early in the season about Travis's agent showing up at Pinto Ron's after the game? If I remember correctly the story was that Henry's agent was drunk and was spouting off about how Travis was going to fug the Bill's. This was shortly after Travis was benched and his agent was screaming about respect.

Anyone remember that thread early in the season about Travis's agent showing up at Pinto Ron's after the game?  If I remember correctly the story was that Henry's agent was drunk and was spouting off about how Travis was going to fug the Bill's.  This was shortly after Travis was benched and his agent was screaming about respect.

257648[/snapback]

I think Mike Doser called Henry's agent Hardly Everhard....real name is Hadley Engelhard

Anyone remember that thread early in the season about Travis's agent showing up at Pinto Ron's after the game?  If I remember correctly the story was that Henry's agent was drunk and was spouting off about how Travis was going to fug the Bill's.  This was shortly after Travis was benched and his agent was screaming about respect.

257648[/snapback]

This was going to be the best deal we could get for him, and he's now screwed us out of getting that deal done.

We might as well start looking for 7th rounders right now, that's about the asking price for him.

I personally am just fine with letting Travis ride the damn bench this year rather then giving him up for a 7th rounder......

He wants to screw us.....screw him right back.  Lets see what his worth is after sitting on the bench for 2 years

257692[/snapback]

I agree with you, but we don't need some piece of trash to screw with team chemistry.

March 1, 2005

Regarding Henry

257622[/snapback]

If true, there's still a chance we can package Henry to another team (say Tampa) for a draft pick and move that draft to Arizona for Shelton.