Whaley has done one heck of a job, except QB

On paper these last few years, we may have had the most talent on this roster since the Super Bowl teams. Unfortunately we don't have number 12 behind center.

It always comes down to QB. I would draft one this year in first 3 rounds just to have another option if Tyrod doesn't finally step up.

However you are only as good as your QB in this league and if things continue not to workout at that position. Whaley has to go.

Edited by BuffaloBud420

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On paper these last few years, we may have had the most talent on this roster since the Super Bowl teams. Unfortunately we don't have number 12 behind center.

It always comes down to QB. I would draft one this year in first 3 rounds just to have another option if Tyrod doesn't finally step up.

However you are only as good as your QB in this league and if things continue not to workout at that position. Whaley has to go.

No.

2013 - zero players retained

2014 - 1 maybe 2 players retained

No.

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

How many people do you think the Buffalo Bills or even Russ Brandon employ to spread propaganda on Bills message boards?

Another bad post from this poster. And another thread started to knock TT. What a surprise.

How many people do you think the Buffalo Bills or even Russ Brandon employ to spread propaganda on Bills message boards?

Sure there were some on the BBMB. Had to be with some of the ridiculous posting.

You build through Draft and FA. Name me a better roster since after the 90s that has been better. Maybe 04. That's about it.

Are you talking about the roster from 2014 or are you referring to the current Bills roster?

Because the current Bills roster just won only 7 games and lost players in free agency.

You build through Draft and FA. Name me a better roster since after the 90s that has been better. Maybe 04. That's about it.

You build through the draft. You patch holes in FA.

But we aren't building through the draft. I just demonstrated that.

Exhibit 1: Last year the Bills used THREE draft picks on an inside linebacker who had questions about whether he could play all 3 downs. Do you call that building through the draft or trying to win now for Rex's crap defense?

Guest K-GunJimKelly12

Lol, he gets credit for building a roster that is good for 7-9 but better than some of the worst rosters in Bills history? Give me a break.

Exhibit 1: Last year the Bills used THREE draft picks on an inside linebacker who had questions about whether he could play all 3 downs. Do you call that building through the draft or trying to win now for Rex's crap defense?

There's numerous examples of the Bills patching holes in the draft.

2013 - 2 high rounders on WR's when we had SJ13 and nobody, a 1st on EJ (which is okay)

2014 - Need a WR1 so Sammy trade, need an RT so Kujo, need an LB so Preston Brown

2015 - probably our best year sticking to the board, Darby was all BPA, he was not a need, but Miller sure was

2016 - woah boy. Shaq, Ragland, Washington all need picks.

Oh, thank goodness!

I had feared that the Tyrod and Whaley haters had dried up and blew away or had found a big rock to have a party under.

Nope - here they come...

There's numerous examples of the Bills patching holes in the draft.

2013 - 2 high rounders on WR's when we had SJ13 and nobody, a 1st on EJ (which is okay)

2014 - Need a WR1 so Sammy trade, need an RT so Kujo, need an LB so Preston Brown

2015 - probably our best year sticking to the board, Darby was all BPA, he was not a need, but Miller sure was

2016 - woah boy. Shaq, Ragland, Washington all need picks.

Exactly. Patching holes on a sinking ship...

No.

2013 - zero players retained

2014 - 1 maybe 2 players retained

No.

Your quick comment on 2013 is a little misleading. I think we drafted 8 players in that draft. All of them made the team. Most - if not all - started at least one game. They all played and contributed.

Kiko was traded for McCoy - a Pro Bowler - who is still on the team. So we got a highly productive Pro Bowler out of that draft.

Though I agree if your general point is Whaley is better at acquiring NFL players from other teams than he is at drafting.

In any case, wasn't 2013 Nix's last draft? As soon as Nix retired, Whaley made some big changes in the personnel department. In other words, it was Nix's scouts putting together Nix's board until he officially retired after that draft. Whaley was not the de facto GM prior to actually getting the title.

Edited by hondo in seattle

This is just a lazy rehashing of Tim Graham's article that conveniently cherry picked and left out information​ that makes his argument less believable.

Here is the reality of our situation:

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2016/04/how_each_nfl_team_has_-_or_has.html

According to this OBJECTIVE article, league average amount of drafted players STARTING for their respective team is 11. Bills are at, wait for it, everyone take a deep breathe, please prepare yourself FireChan for what is about to change your world, 11.

There are teams higher that are LOUSY, and teams lower that are great. YOU BUILD BY GETTING TALENT.

NOT rocket science.