Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Pretty much this

And this.

Still amazed some people are equating more interceptions with good QB play.

I'm sure that's not actually what they believe. They're just leaving a big, empty vacuum of a hole in their argument and assuming everyone else will automatically fill it in for them.

Or it's been explained at least twice.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 more INT's would equal an average of 1 INT per game. If that leads to a total of 3 more wins and a guaranteed playoff spot.

What is so hard to understand?

Because you're presenting it as though the interceptions are the cause of 3 wins and a guaranteed playoff spot.

The interceptions wouldn't be the cause of that.

It has to do more with the quality of the attempts.

Drew Brees throws more picks than TT but he also throws passes regularly that TT is afraid to make. You take the good with the bad. The downside is a couple more picks. The upside is a QB that throws guys open, fits the ball in tight windows, and keeps drives alive.

You're saying that there's a certain amount of bad that automatically comes with good. And you're saying that number is a number greater than what TT does. What are those magical numbers?

But I love you, anyway.

You're saying that there's a certain amount of bad that automatically comes with good. And you're saying that number is a number greater than what TT does. What are those magical numbers?

But I love you, anyway.

That usually comes with good. Interceptions are a tricky business. There is a degree of luck involved.

Yes, Drew Brees routinely attempts passes TT does not.

Can you explain how it's more likely to lead to more victories than less interceptions?

Awww shux puddin... you just can't resist me :wub:

through more passing attempts/TD's as a result and the better feel a QB gets of WR tendencies in certain situations.

Nobody wants an INT , but when one gets thrown in certain situations the QB gains more knowledge about his WR and himself, and the same goes for a TD in my humble opinion. Some WR are going to track down the ball, others not so much.

You can't learn from mistakes unless you try.

Edited by Figster

Because you're presenting it as though the interceptions are the cause of 3 wins and a guaranteed playoff spot.

The interceptions wouldn't be the cause of that.

Holy Smokes. Put your 1000 word statistical breakdowns that show how "great" Taylor aside for a minute and think of what the few of us are saying.

First and foremost we all need to know

• Is TT a good passing QB?

Unless TT is a total failure doing so; with the added RISK in the passing game you potentially get a lot more REWARD. More attempts can = more yards which can = more passing which can = more TD and on and on and on.

Right now TT passing for more than 30 times in a game is a virtual (guaranteed) LOSS He's won once on 12 tries. This needs to be fixed.

Repetition, Repetition, Repetition. TT needs to get to work and prove to us Bills Fans that he is good enough to keep around.

This is season 3. IMO a make or break year. Make it or see ya.

But I love you, anyway.

:doh::wallbash: :wallbash:

This feigned ignorance = Trolling

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Makes you aware that we could have won one or two more games last season if the defense had been even average.

We also could have lost the Bengals game if AJ Green wouldnt have gone out early

5 more INT's a season to achieve a more agressive passing attack and better production while it may seem like allot of turnovers, spread out over 16 games its not as bad as playing so conservative its costing you wins.

Do you remember the gun slinging days of J K? Throwing two INT's early, then come roaring back with 3TD's?

Well if you do this is the point people are trying to make.

But it's still about throwing significantly more TDs than INTs

A more complex passing offense allows you to make more plays and put pressure on the defense into making tough decisions when it comes to coverage. Yes...it will sometimes lead you to more riskier throws that may be INT'S, but it also should allow you to get the ball into playmakers hands more, and you should be much better getting pass production...especially late in games where we seem to struggle mightily passing.

That's where I stand on that. It's a fine line to walk between taking chances and running a more elaborate passing attack, but I think we have been too simple and have hurt ourselves late in games due to this approach.

Is that approach due to Taylor and his limitations. From what I have seen and heard...I believe so.

Tyrod has his strong suits, but overall i think Dalton is a bit of a better passer than Tyrod

Wouldn't that make him (Dalton) less reliant on his pass catchers?

I'm just saying there's a stark difference in Tyrod's stats when Sammy is playing compared to when he isn't, just like Dalton's stats dropped this year without Sanu, Jones, and Green for a bit.