Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

They don't put it out as belief, they put it out as fact. The phrase "I believe" and even the premise of that phrase is missing from too many posts, like the one I responded to.

I have already fought this particular battle

What you will hear is that because its a message board we are all giving opinions so it is implied and they dont have to say "in my opinion" it is implied.....even though they totally state it like its fact.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The CoT pretends that they agree with the premise that Taylor is just a stopgab/bridge QB, but all the excuses they make, and the way they keep taking up for him tells me different.

These posters absolutely believe he's something that he's never shown to be...they just can't flat out say it because it would instantly render their opinion horrid.

I'm convinced that several posters will always believe Tyrod is something more, even when he's off this roster, and possibly even after he's out of the league. What these posters feel for this guy is strange to say the least. I'll likely never truly understand where the infatuation comes from, but it's undeniable that it exists within them.

The future is going to hurt much more for these folks than myself. I suggest slowly preparing to emotionally detach yourselves from this awful obsession of a guy who is a RB impersonating a QB, and who is not doing a very good job of it at that.

The CoT pretends that they agree with the premise that Taylor is just a stopgab/bridge QB, but all the excuses they make, and the way they keep taking up for him tells me different.

These posters absolutely believe he's something that he's never shown to be...they just can't flat out say it because it would instantly render their opinion horrid.

I'm convinced that several posters will always believe Tyrod is something more, even when he's off this roster, and possibly even after he's out of the league. What these posters feel for this guy is strange to say the least. I'll likely never truly understand where the infatuation comes from, but it's undeniable that it exists within them.

The future is going to hurt much more for these folks than myself. I suggest slowly preparing to emotionally detach yourselves from this awful obsession of a guy who is a RB impersonating a QB, and who is not doing a very good job of it at that.

Shades of EJ in 2015.

They don't put it out as belief, they put it out as fact. The phrase "I believe" and even the premise of that phrase is missing from too many posts, like the one I responded to.

It's an internet message board. The idea that my opinions are my own is already implied.

and the Bills punted after that.

A touchdown ends the game in OT.

Agree or disagree?

I agree, and our offense had one of the highest TD percentages per drive, but it didn't happen on that drive.

He did lead us to a score and a 3 point lead with 1:20 left in regulation, but that was squandered. Then he got us to a scoring position on the first possession of overtime and the kicker misses his 2nd FG of the day. To use that game as an example of not being clutch is utterly ridiculous, unless you're referring to our D/ST. Our offense as a whole held up their end that day.

I have already fought this particular battle

What you will hear is that because its a message board we are all giving opinions so it is implied and they dont have to say "in my opinion" it is implied.....even though they totally state it like its fact.

How could anyone know anything for a fact, John?

Yeah... tell me exactly what I think and feel Crusher. I really don't know my own thoughts or feelings...

This stikes me as a rather silly analysis, and more than a little hypocritical. Opinions that differ from yours are not automatically "horrid" (a ridiculous word to use in this context), any more than your opinions are gospel.

Tyrod Taylor is what he is, and there were quite a few starting QBs in 2016 that he was better than. The truth is that TT is currently middle-of-the-road. But, there are as many reasons to believe he could improve in 2017 as there are reasons to believe he won't.

No doubt, in your mind, that "horrid" opinion makes me "obsessed."

This stikes me as a rather silly analysis, and more than a little hypocritical. Opinions that differ from yours are not automatically "horrid" (a ridiculous word to use in this context), any more than your opinions are gospel.

Tyrod Taylor is what he is, and there were quite a few starting QBs in 2016 that he was better than. The truth is that TT is currently middle-of-the-road. But, there are as many reasons to believe he could improve in 2017 as there are reasons to believe he won't.

:thumbsup:

I think his argument is that if some folks truly stated how they felt about TT, they would have their opinions ridiculed.

What I was trying to say, and what you have failed to grasp, is that these posters keep telling us how good he was in 2015, how he didn't lose games like Oakland and Pittsburgh, and how injuries and other factors were all to blame instead of placing any blame on Taylor himslef. Then when other posters call them out on it, they try and tell you that they agree that he's a stopgap/bridge QB, and that they have no illusion to what type of player he is. To me, this doesn't add up. I believe they actually have a much higher opinion of Tyrod, and if you read the majority of their posts, it's fairly easy to see.

As to you're statement that there are as many reasons to believe he'll improve as there are to believe he won't, I simply disagree.

I have no problem with other's opinions, but when they constantly contradict themselves by excusing his play and blaming others while in the same breath saying they agree that he's not the guy moving forward...I have to call BS on it.

What I was trying to say, and what you have failed to grasp, is that these posters keep telling us how good he was in 2015, how he didn't lose games like Oakland and Pittsburgh, and how injuries and other factors were all to blame instead of placing any blame on Taylor himslef. Then when other posters call them out on it, they try and tell you that they agree that he's a stopgap/bridge QB, and that they have no illusion to what type of player he is. To me, this doesn't add up. I believe they actually have a much higher opinion of Tyrod, and if you read the majority of their posts, it's fairly easy to see.

As to you're statement that there are as many reasons to believe he'll improve as there are to believe he won't, I simply disagree.

I have no problem with other's opinions, but when they constantly contradict themselves by excusing his play and blaming others while in the same breath saying they agree that he's not the guy moving forward...I have to call BS on it.

You make a good point,

Tyrod Taylor will become the next Bills franchise QB IMO.

Lord knows I'm not always right, but Taylors work ethic is whats going to take Tyrod and his football team to the next level in my humble opinion.

I'm a Billiever...

You make a good point,

Tyrod Taylor will become the next Bills franchise QB IMO.

Lord knows I'm not always right, but Taylors work ethic is whats going to take Tyrod and his football team to the next level in my humble opinion.

I'm a Billiever...

Good for you if you believe that. Who am I to tell you that you shouldn't?

We should all believe what we want to. Some choose to look at facts and base their beliefs on that, and others believe blindly or out of pure emotion.

Whatever the reason...believe in what you wish to.

And contrary to some posters here, I would welcome a scenario like the one you envision. I just don't believe in it.

Good for you if you believe that. Who am I to tell you that you shouldn't?

We should all believe what we want to. Some choose to look at facts and base their beliefs on that, and others believe blindly or out of pure emotion.

Whatever the reason...believe in what you wish to.

And contrary to some posters here, I would welcome a scenario like the one you envision. I just don't believe in it.

thanks for saying

Fair enough.

Would you agree that he was better in '15, though?

Edited by Rocky Landing

Fair enough.

Would you agree that he was better in '15, though?

Yes...he was better. On the other board, I ranked him around 20th in 2015. In 2016, I had him at 26th best.

I would have been much more encouraged if I saw him trending upward instead of declining.

I think his argument is that if some folks truly stated how they felt about TT, they would have their opinions ridiculed.

I'm pretty neutral on TT. I'm hopeful that he will improve. I think it's possible that he becomes, if not a franchise QB, a good enough QB, and leader to get us to the playoffs. I also think it's possible that he flames out. I think the most likely scenario is that he plays 2017 somewhere between his '15 and '16 level.

All that being said, I feel like I am objective enough to observe that the "TT Sucks" crowd seems to have much more of an agenda than the "TT is Our Guy" crowd. And, I certainly don't see the sort of blind faith that some of the EJ boosters used to flaunt.