Tyrod Taylor's Highlights

cover1

Yeah whatever, same old BBMB posters blasting fans because their opinion is different then theres. Love ya teef but they don't need your help

you know there's more of a history concerning this topic than that. i can't speak for everyone, but i'm willing to bet 98% of board members realized who taylor was...a decent stop gap qb who is well worth the money he's earning. he likely won't be here long term, but provides a good option while someone is brought along. correct?

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you know there's more of a history concerning this topic than that. i can't speak for everyone, but i'm willing to bet 98% of board members realized who taylor was...a decent stop gap qb who is well worth the money he's earning. he likely won't be here long term, but provides a good option while someone is brought along. correct?

He is what he is a bridge but when some posters treat him as a franchise worthy QB is what I was talking about, pathetic to even add in the HOF garbage

GMs typically don't make it through more than 3 staffs.

And here we are with Whaley on his last leg, if Tyrod/CJ is his answer for the future he needs to go

One thing is for certain, if McDermott ties his coaching career to Tyrod he will join a long line of failed Bills coaches.

I agree 100%

BBMB Tygod lovers being put down, can't say I'm not enjoying it. Difference is fans that know Tyrod is what he is but hope he can get better while Tygod lovers proclaiming him as HOF worthy just off of 2015,2016.

Someone should show how great Tyrod was in that Pitt game, horrible. Some can see he is what he is while some see more like the Fitz days or even captain checkdown Trent days of saying he is all that while he is not all that, he is what he is.

We are gonna pick a game to show how horrible Tyrod is? We can show pit as long as we show Seattle or Miami game number 2.

You have a great deal of people that dont expect drastic improvement from Tyrod in particular....but do think that improved weapons around him might improve the offense overall (I mean...the offense was top 10 in scoring already)

The Bills torture us all.

Not me

We are gonna pick a game to show how horrible Tyrod is? We can show pit as long as we show Seattle or Miami game number 2.

You have a great deal of people that dont expect drastic improvement from Tyrod in particular....but do think that improved weapons around him might improve the offense overall (I mean...the offense was top 10 in scoring already)

Not me

Yeah, you enjoy watching other teams in the playoffs? The losing seasons year after year?

I enjoy the games on their own merit. But lacking success ain't as fun as winning.

Yeah, you enjoy watching other teams in the playoffs? The losing seasons year after year?

I enjoy the games on their own merit. But lacking success ain't as fun as winning.

I dont enjoy other teams in the playoffs.....it doesnt turn me into a tool that complains year round about the team.

Eventually...this team is going to become good again. I await that day.

Here you go again with cherry picking stats

Also, in 2015 he was at the bottom of the league with a 37.2% conversion % those 3rd down passes converting for 1st down. In 2016, he improved to 14th in the NFL and improved by more than 3% to 41.5%.

What is the "teams" overall 3rd down converting for 1st down rate? Taylor is also involved in those plays is he not?

Which is why I thought it would be enough.

Are you arguing that the team wasn't successful enough on 3rd down so Taylor's slightly better numbers don't mean anything because he plays a role with the rest of the team?

And if that is what you're arguing (and I can't tell), then wouldn't you also agree that Taylor was a big reason our offense last year was so successful, despite being at the bottom of the league in terms of passing offense?

I honestly can't keep track anymore of who's who in these arguments, but if you claim what you claimed above, then it only makes sense that you also give Taylor a lot of credit for how successful our offense as a whole was and I'd assume you aren't one of those guys saying Taylor just rode on everyone else's backs...

Are you arguing that the team wasn't successful enough on 3rd down so Taylor's slightly better numbers don't mean anything because he plays a role with the rest of the team?

And if that is what you're arguing (and I can't tell), then wouldn't you also agree that Taylor was a big reason our offense last year was so successful, despite being at the bottom of the league in terms of passing offense?

I honestly can't keep track anymore of who's who in these arguments, but if you claim what you claimed above, then it only makes sense that you also give Taylor a lot of credit for how successful our offense as a whole was and I'd assume you aren't one of those guys saying Taylor just rode on everyone else's backs...

You are clearly missing the point

- If Tyrod does something well......doesnt count because it is a team stat

- If Tyrod struggles at a particular......its tyrod's fault because he is the qb...

- If Tyrod struggles at a particular......its tyrod's fault because he is the qb...

Irony. Wins are a team stat. QB ain't the problem tenth in points.

Honestly John, look at it this way

Lets say that TT throws passes on 25 % of 3rd down plays. What value do these "good" stats have when they fail to convert?

Does it really matter that TT has improved his 3rd down passing stats when the bottom line is that the team failed to get a 1st and continue the drive!?

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

Honestly John, look at it this way

What good is it if TT throws passes on 25 % of 3rd down plays and they run 75 % of the time.

Does it really matter that TT has great 3rd down passing stats when the bottom line is that the TEAM failed to get a 1st and continue the drive!?

Well.....if they are running plays which involve Tyrod in the run then I would say its very good because its very productive. Lets keep in mind that Tyrod has a pretty good statline for a QB in those running yards AND let keep in mind that with him on the field teams have to account for him as a runner. We saw just how different it looks in the final game against the jets when he was not on the field.

They would be much worse on 3rd down without him?

Bottom line....TT isnt a franchise qb...im not gonna back up stats that say he is when presented here and im not gonna knock TT for NOT being a franchise guy. We should continue to draft qbs. HOWEVER......peole that go the the other direction and say he sucks are wrong to....if he truly was that bad we would have already switched him out for another option....but YOU DONT DO THAT WHEN YOUR OFFENSE IS 10TH IN THE LEAGUE IN SCORING.

I wouldn't call losing to every team above .500 successful. And no, I won't credit the Brady less Patriots 16-0 win.

Not this again..

If you take a look at the points per game the Bills were at the front of a pack that went all the way to 15th. It was a huge pack and indicated that a slight change in 3rd down or red zone efficiency could drop the Bills points per game to 15-17th in the NFL. It's not a QB stat when the QB is handing the ball off more than anything else.

Well.....if they are running plays which involve Tyrod in the run then I would say its very good because its very productive. Lets keep in mind that Tyrod has a pretty good statline for a QB in those running yards AND let keep in mind that with him on the field teams have to account for him as a runner. We saw just how different it looks in the final game against the jets when he was not on the field.

They would be much worse on 3rd down without him?

Bottom line....TT isnt a franchise qb...im not gonna back up stats that say he is when presented here and im not gonna knock TT for NOT being a franchise guy. We should continue to draft qbs. HOWEVER......peole that go the the other direction and say he sucks are wrong to....if he truly was that bad we would have already switched him out for another option....but YOU DONT DO THAT WHEN YOUR OFFENSE IS 10TH IN THE LEAGUE IN SCORING.

See winning record against playoff teams.

This is where the lines get blurred as to who is deemed a fan of Taylor's and who isn't a fan.

We agree that TT is not a Franchise QB.

We agree that he's good and but he has to rely on a very good defense to get to the next level.

So, in essence if I'm too critical of TT because of this, then in a sense so are you.

The argument isn't how great his stats are, the argument is the team with TT under center hasn't good enough for 2 straight seasons.

to be continued

See winning record against playoff teams.

This is where the lines get blurred as to who is deemed a fan of Taylor's and who isn't a fan.

We agree that TT is not a Franchise QB.

We agree that he's good and but he has to rely on a very good defense to get to the next level.

So, in essence if I'm too critical of TT because of this, then in a sense so are you.

The argument isn't how great his stats are, the argument is the team with TT under center hasn't good enough for 2 straight seasons.

to be continued

You know what else hasnt been good enough for 2 straight seasons?

The part of the team that was actually 5th overall before Rex Ryan and his "I know more about D then anyone else" who promptley turned a top 5 D into something considerably less.........and that happened at a time when that was the teams calling card.......

Cant blame Tyrod for not being able to overcome the D that floundered badly......he did his best with street free agents pass catchers and standing on the side line while our defense gave up 2 200 rushing yardage games last season.

We can blame TT for the faults he has......but the overall record of the team should not be put on his shoulders