Things Taylor did on the field in 2016 that kept him around

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you going to keep telling me things I already directly reference in my posts?

No, it's adding context to your already grossly exaggerated point. TT had a great deep ball in 2015. It dried up in 2016.

Now you're shifting to "TD's" when the point was big plays, nice pivot.

And you're pretending like we didn't have a bad ST and defense in 2015 or that we weren't the #1 rushing offense in 2015, when Taylor managed to be 19th in TD's thrown and 12th in big passing plays. He seemed to do better even with the "alternate possessions" thing, I think that was a rule instituted before 2016.

Please tell me again that TT got way worse in 2016 because he had a great rushing attack and bad defense. :lol:

way worse? It regressed.....it did not get way worse

Badol, I disagree with your views on Tyrod but I respect the thought process behind it. Where do you think he ranks in 2017?

I think he will be better because I think Sammy will be healthy.........but their #1 objective needs to be finding a big framed, deep ball threat 1A quality WR opposite Sammy.

Taylor is very reliant on WR talent.

Not a great draft for WR talent either, IMO.

To some that's damning........to me, that's the tradeoff you have to make until you find a franchise QB.

Holding out hope that they can be the beneficiary of a Martavis Bryant or Josh Gordon comeback story........pickings are kinda' slim............they missed the ideal guy two years ago when they could have traded for Brandon Marshall......but they'd given away the damn pick they needed to nudge out the Jets to the Vikings for Matt Cassell and took the consolation prize instead, Percy Harvin.

When Harvin was healthy we got a peek at what this offense can do with 2 very good WR.

"Yeah we ran for 200 yards and scored time and again..........but look.......Tyrod didn't throw for 300 yards again!"

More like "the running game scored a bunch of points but the QB stinks whenever the game is close, so we lost."

And yeah the defense was bad, so was the QB, they're not mutually exclusive. He had bad WRs most of the time but also faced bad pass defenses that were sold out on the run with WRs running demonstrably open through the secondary.

When not trailing by double digits he was one of the very worst quarterbacks, outperforming only Osweiler, Bortles and Kaepernick.

He did pad his stats with the best of 'em though. :bag:

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/837691406944698368

Thus, despite the advantages of the:

• NFL's strongest run game to lean on,
  • NFL's most frequent run rate which enabled Taylor the ability to throw into optimal situations due to the playcalling frequency of the run game, and
  • NFL's 2nd easiest slate of pass defenses to face,

Tyrod Taylor struggled tremendously:

• In one-score games, just 46% of his passes graded as successful, ranking 28th out of 31 QBs (only Blake Bortles, Brock Osweiler and Colin Kaepernick were worse).

Taylor also appeared heavily aided by play scripting:

• His drop in passer rating from the first quarter to quarters 2-4 was nearly 20 rating points, which was one of the larger drops in the NFL.

Taylor also padded his stats when trailing in blowouts against these extremely bad pass defenses:

• When trailing by double digits, his 105 rating was 5th in the NFL and his 58% play success rate was also 5th.
  • But when the Bills were not trailing by double digits his rating dropped to 87.5 and his play success rate dropped to 45%, ahead of only Brock Osweiler, Blake Bortles & Colin Kaepernick.
Edited by 2018 Our Year For Sure

I think he will be better because I think Sammy will be healthy.........but their #1 objective needs to be finding a big framed, deep ball threat 1A quality WR opposite Sammy.

To some that's damning........to me, that's the tradeoff you have to make until you find a franchise QB.

Holding out hope that they can be the beneficiary of a Martavis Bryant or Josh Gordon comeback story........pickings are kinda' slim............they missed the ideal guy two years ago when they could have traded for Brandon Marshall......but they'd given away the damn pick they needed to nudge out the Jets to the Vikings for Matt Cassell and took the consolation prize instead, Percy Harvin.

When Harvin was healthy we got a peek at what this offense can do with 2 very good WR.

Except Sammy and Harvin hardly played together and when they did it wasn't great. Go look at the numbers. Harvin slightly stepped up when Sammy had a slow start then Harvin got hurt.

The clock is ticking on Tyrod and the posters who keep trying to sell him to everyone else.

Year three is on the way, and the excuses are running out.

Hopefully these guys will find another bum to obsess over once this experiment runs it's course.

And lol to anyone who thinks Tyrod is better than Wentz. One guy actually ran an offense and made calls at the line in a much more complex system as opposed to Taylor who has little to no ability to change plays. Wentz as a rookie is much more the QB than Taylor in his sixth season in the pros. Manning had a lot of turnovers in his rookie season, too...it's because these guys are learning how to run a real passing offense.

No one...and I mean no one would take Taylor over Wentz. Anyone who thinks it's even debatable shouldn't be taken seriously when discussing football.

More like "the running game scored a bunch of points but the QB stinks whenever the game is close, so we lost."

And yeah the defense was bad, so was the QB, they're not mutually exclusive. He had bad WRs most of the time but also faced bad pass defenses that were sold out on the run with WRs running demonstrably open through the secondary.

When not trailing by double digits he was one of the very worst quarterbacks, outperforming only Osweiler, Bortles and Kaepernick.

He did pad his stats with the best of 'em though. :bag:

https://twitter.com/sharpfootball/status/837691406944698368

yawn.....

We've been thru this stuff SO MANY times.

You guys lost and your dreams of Brian Hoyer and Mike Glennon at QB will have to wait at least one more year.

Except Sammy and Harvin hardly played together and when they did it wasn't great. Go look at the numbers. Harvin slightly stepped up when Sammy had a slow start then Harvin got hurt.

Exactly, it was a brief look that culminated in that Miami game.

That look should have been their impetus to go out and fill that #2 WR slot with talent.......but they gambled on a bunch of ball droppers named Hankerson, Little and Boykin and ended up with a sh*t show by midseason 2016.

I knew your eyes would glaze over in the 4th just like your hero <3

You know your work is boring and pointless......yep, you called it......congratulations. :thumbsup:

I am waiting to see what the draft brings. I just want to see plan and a purpose from the Bills instead of patching the ship.

McDermott is the wild card. He has a background in player personnel but he has been a defensive coach. Just hope McDermott thinks of more than 2017.

Exactly, it was a brief look that culminated in that Miami game.

That look should have been their impetus to go out and fill that #2 WR slot with talent.......but they gambled on a bunch of ball droppers named Hankerson, Little and Boykin and ended up with a sh*t show by midseason 2016.

You know your work is boring and pointless......yep, you called it......congratulations. :thumbsup:

#excuses #emotions

Johnny I think we got a live one. You sound ready to enter the church.

Can you get to Hemet by midnight ?

Edited by Ryan L Billz