Things Taylor did on the field in 2016 that kept him around

Hey look my name is jeffismagic proclaiming my opinion as truth when the truth is contrary to everything I post. You have zero clue as to what if. Noone does.

The Bills were not going to pick up the option and started exploring options such as Glennon and Siemian. The Bills were prepared to move on from Tyrod and would have done so if Tyrod had not taken a massive paycut. Now you are claiming we cannot know if someone offered a 2nd round pick or 2 seconds for our bridge QB.

Guess what. Everyone but you knows that no NFL team offered a 2nd for Tyrod because that would be ludicrous.

If someone offered a 2nd the Bills would have been glad to take the pick and sign a Foles or Hoyer. We know because no NFL team risks losing a QB they truly want.

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wentz purely because of age, and he has a higher ceiling. But I think it's a 50/50 shot who performs better this upcoming season. I know most people think that's crazy but based on my watching them play, Wentz could easily turn into a bust. He had 4 great games and then completely fell off, and he never recovered. Eagles had a good defense (4th in DVOA, 12th in PPG) but didn't make the playoffs. We had the opposite problem. And by the way, Football Outsiders' data says our offense faced the 12th hardest schedule, while the Eagles faced the 18th hardest. So why should we assume Wentz will be better moving forward? Like I said, 50/50 shot or so.

You realize we played the 2nd easiest schedule in the league in terms of opponent's pass defense, of course.

You also weirdly credit the Eagles defense as a mark against Wentz, while ignoring the Bills' stellar run game that probably had more to do with propping up our QB because, well...it's actually the same side of the ball.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/837691406944698368/photo/1

I'm using this for reference. It paints a pretty bleak picture, but really just confirms what I saw on Sundays last year.

Don't you ever feel embarrassed that your contributions are on par with an elementary school kid when others, like the OP, put in great time and effort to present an excellent analysis using research and numbers to provide evidence for their conclusions?

How about no ?

I have eyes and I watched the season. Do you have a point to make or are you just lashing out because Tyrod was 25th in passing yards and 1-6 vs .500 teams.

Ride with me homie. Numbers can be your friend too.

Whose this elementary kid ? If he likes Trubisky at 10 I'd like to chat with him.

You realize we played the 2nd easiest schedule in the league in terms of opponent's pass defense, of course.

You also weirdly credit the Eagles defense as a mark against Wentz, while ignoring the Bills' stellar run game that probably had more to do with propping up our QB because, well...it's actually the same side of the ball.https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/837691406944698368/photo/1

I'm using this for reference. It paints a pretty bleak picture, but really just confirms what I saw on Sundays last year.

Preach. Struggling to pass while all eyes are on McCoy is a sin.

You also weirdly credit the Eagles defense as a mark against Wentz, while ignoring the Bills' stellar run game that probably had more to do with propping up our QB because, well...it's actually the same side of the ball.

https://mobile.twitter.com/SharpFootball/status/837691406944698368/photo/1

Wentz threw the ball at a rate that was near top 5 in the league. Tyrod threw the ball the least.

So the rookie was asked to win games while Tyrod was sheltered more than any other NFL QB.

Verdict? Wentz.

Wentz threw the ball at a rate that was near top 5 in the league. Tyrod threw the ball the least.

So the rookie was asked to win games while Tyrod was sheltered more than any other NFL QB.

Verdict? Wentz.

That's my feeling as well. Saying 'oh, I'd take Wentz but only because he's younger' is lacking anything resembling a reasonable comparison of the two. One was asked to lead an offense, the other was asked to ride shotgun to the run game.

Don't you ever feel embarrassed that your contributions are on par with an elementary school kid when others, like the OP, put in great time and effort to present an excellent analysis using research and numbers to provide evidence for their conclusions?

Ko....dont insult those poor school kids

That's my feeling as well. Saying 'oh, I'd take Wentz but only because he's younger' is lacking anything resembling a reasonable comparison of the two. One was asked to lead an offense, the other was asked to ride shotgun to the run game.

which one had the better offense?

Hint....one of them was 6th in scoring points

It doesn't bother you that the one asked to 'lead' an offense had 1 less TD and 8 more INTs on about 120 more attempts than the one asked to 'ride shotgun'?

Verdict? Wentz.

Sheltered.....or just asked to be a game manager?

Look.....down the road Wentz might end up being the better qb.....but last year? Wentz started off strong then struggled.

The Bills were not going to pick up the option and started exploring options such as Glennon and Siemian. The Bills were prepared to move on from Tyrod and would have done so if Tyrod had not taken a massive paycut. Now you are claiming we cannot know if someone offered a 2nd round pick or 2 seconds for our bridge QB.

Guess what. Everyone but you knows that no NFL team offered a 2nd for Tyrod because that would be ludicrous.

If someone offered a 2nd the Bills would have been glad to take the pick and sign a Foles or Hoyer. We know because no NFL team risks losing a QB they truly want.

Once again....speaking like you have some kind of a inside source on things

You dont

Stop acting like you do

Look.....down the road Wentz might end up being the better qb.....but last year? Wentz started off strong then struggled.

You dont

Stop acting like you do

It's called logical inference John. You should try it sometime. It's fun.

You dont

Stop acting like you do

Sheltered and game manager are not mutually exclusive. I agree Wentz struggled latter half of the season. Eagles picked up some nice FA WRs.

We'll see.

Ko....dont insult those poor school kids

which one had the better offense?

Hint....one of them was 6th in scoring points

John I know you're the king of excuses and have been getting torn to shreds by the newbies but please stop attacking me because I won't join the CoT. Edited by Ryan L Billz

It doesn't bother you that the one asked to 'lead' an offense had 1 less TD and 8 more INTs on about 120 more attempts than the one asked to 'ride shotgun'?

Playing tougher pass defenses on more attempts, and a rookie to boot? Not really in the slightest.

Think about it: if Taylor had more interceptions AND the fewest amount of attempts, he would literally be the worst QB in the league. As of now and probably for the rest of his career, he's going to need to be near the bottom in attempts to be marginally effective, and I don't think that's a realistic way to consistently win games from an offensive perspective.

Great post, OP. Drives home my opinion that many QBs falter when missing WR1/WR2.

Well, draw your own conclusions, but in the games where Taylor had both Sammy and Woods playing over 2 seasons, his stats were:

264/415 (63.6%), 3430 yards, 8.3 YPA, 27 TDs, 6 INTs with a Passer Rating of 105.2

vs games without at least 1 of them, his stats were:

248/402 (61.7%), 2628 yards, 6.5 YPA, 10 TDs, 6 INTs with a Passer Rating of 82.8

Almost the exact same number of attempts in 2 years with both Woods and Watkins on the field together as without. Look at the difference.

It's called logical inference John. You should try it sometime. It's fun.

stop using big words you dont understand

Your talking like you actually know something

You dont

Playing tougher pass defenses on more attempts, and a rookie to boot? Not really in the slightest.

Think about it: if Taylor had more interceptions AND the fewest amount of attempts, he would literally be the worst QB in the league. As of now and probably for the rest of his career, he's going to need to be near the bottom in attempts to be marginally effective, and I don't think that's a realistic way to consistently win games from an offensive perspective.

The problem is the if

Live in reality