T.J. Watt

jrober38

We have a ton of needs and we can't fill them all.

Long terms, I think Watt becomes a special edge rusher, Tabor becomes a #1 CB and Peterman has the potential be something similar to Kirk Cousins (lots of analysts are moving him up their boards as they study him more).

I don't think the Bills value the WR position beyond Sammy. They went dumpster diving in FA last year and they've done the same this year.

Safety is a huge need but the draft is top heavy. Beyond the top 2 guys there's not much to get excited about IMO.

Next year you go after a DT, S and WR. Possibly a linebacker as well.

Being that they've reportedly looked at Bennett and Cook...made me think we're interested in a predominantly 2 Tight End set. The need for another playmaker WR doesn't seem like it's a high priority. I really wouldn't be surprised if we do take a TE early now.

If Trubisky is there at 10, since Taylor is back at least one more year....would you take a hard look at him?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Being that they've reportedly looked at Bennett and Cook...made me think we're interested in a predominantly 2 Tight End set. The need for another playmaker WR doesn't seem like it's a high priority. I really wouldn't be surprised if we do take a TE early now.

If Trubisky is there at 10, since Taylor is back at least one more year....would you take a hard look at him?

You know I'm not sold on any of these QBs. If they pick Trubisky, I won't moan about it. He's got some good traits and there's upside.

With that said, I'd rather wait and see what's there in round 2 or 3. I think our 1st rounder has to be a stud who we can build around for the next 5+ years. I like Peterman's scouting report the best of all the QBs in this class. You'll probably think I'm contradicting myself with that statement but I think scouting reports are really important for QBs and not as important for pass rushers. Pass rushers it's all about athleticism that NFL coaches can develop. I love Peterman's accuracy, ability to throw with anticipation and the fact that he can read the whole field.

I also don't see the point in using more two tight end sets. If we take a tight end 10th overall I'm going to be pretty upset. They might not bust very often, but how often do 1st round tight ends become true difference makers at the NFL level?

Edited by jrober38

You know I'm not sold on any of these QBs. If they pick Trubisky, I won't moan about it. He's got some good traits and there's upside.

With that said, I'd rather wait and see what's there in round 2 or 3. I think our 1st rounder has to be a stud who we can build around for the next 5+ years. I like Peterman's scouting report the best of all the QBs in this class. You'll probably think I'm contradicting myself with that statement but I think scouting reports are really important for QBs and not as important for pass rushers. Pass rushers it's all about athleticism that NFL coaches can develop. I love Peterman's accuracy, ability to throw with anticipation and the fact that he can read the whole field.

I also don't see the point in using more two tight end sets. If we take a tight end 10th overall I'm going to be pretty upset. They might not bust very often, but how often do 1st round tight ends become true difference makers at the NFL level?

I'm hoping it's not at 10 either...I guess I'll learn to like it if it's a day 2 pick. I don't even know how deep that class is.

I want this guy.

6'4, 252 with room to get bigger and stronger. His test scores were ridiculous at the combine (just like his brother). At that size, a 6.79 three cone and 4.13 short shuttle are insane.

On the old Message Board there was a formula that predicted pass rusher success in the NFL, he winds up the in category of "low risk". He checks the sub 7 second three cone, he checks the twitch rating, and he's on the cusp of cracking the explosive power rating. To put things in perspective, his scores are pretty close to being on par with guys like Demarcus Ware and Von Miller.

Watt's movement skills are truly in elite company relative to other edge rushers. This guy is going to be a 10+ sack a year player in the NFL.

I know Defensive End isn't technically a "need", but if this guy is a perennial Pro Bowler for the next decade (which his test scores suggest is likely), then we should be considering him. I don't care where he's currently being projected, this guy looks like he's going to be a special player who you can build a defensive line around.

in

Well his brother wasn't all world in college so maybe TJ is a late bloomer as well