Tyrod on NFL Network

He came back cause their was not much interest from other teams.

The browns may be willing to pay Osweiler that ridiculous contract (yes i understand why theyre doing it) and the Bears gave Glennon the same contract as TT basically. But according to you there wouldve been little interest in TT. Maybe TT didnt want to go to cleveland.

Tyrod made an appearance on NFL Network. In his reasons for coming back to Buffalo he mentioned the talent surrounding him. I thought it was interesting that he started with "Clay", then went on to mention Watkins, LeSean and the O line. It's interesting to me that in his comments he mentioned Clay first. Are they tight? Or is Clay needing some love and recognition.

It's probably nothing more than he and Clay are pretty good friends off the field. who knows? I don't think it's anything to read into.

That might be because that interest would have been tampering.

Let's not be so naive to think this would have stopped teams from talking to his agent. If there was legitimate interest from other teams then I seriously doubt Tyrod restructures his contract the way he did.

Edited by Bangarang

Clay led the team in targets.

In any event, they got closer in the last quarter of the year and it showed in the last few games.

Cuz they finally hit their stride together the end of last year.

The last three games Tyrod started, Clay had 18 catches, 209 yards and 4 touchdowns.

well it makes sense then. Coz for a safety-first short yardage throwing QB like Tyrod the big sure handed TE is your best friend. Just surprised they didn't hook up more last year esp. with Watkins out for much of the year.

He came back cause their was not much interest from other teams.

that can be the only reason. he screwed himself financially if there was actually a lot of interest out there. the Bills are where NFL careers go to die. every player in the league knows that. you only go to the Bills if they overpay you or you are on your way out of the league, or you're unlucky enough to be drafted by them. truth hurts, but look at the FA ( in and out) history of this franchise, specifically the legions of pro bowl players who left after their rookie contract expired.

I don't see it that way. Tyrod is a smart kid. I don't think it boiled down to money alone. I think he probably seen that this was his best chance of having success out of the teams that were interested. He could stay here with a new coach who wants him to stay and an OC who's system he's already been in for a year in Baltimore, that he feels is QB friendly and believes he can have success in. A place where he has the #1 rushing attack in the entire NFL to help take the pressure off him. A place where he's already familiar with most of the team and is a leader in the locker room and on an offense he just led to top 12 in scoring 2 years in a row...

Or he could take a little more money to go to the Browns or Jets where they both appear to be in full rebuild mode, with questionable O line's and questionable talent and coaches that may be on their way out the door at season's end.

Tough choice...

Like I said, Tyrod is a smart guy and he doesn't seem to be driven by money alone. Ome thing you can not question is his work ethic. He busts his ass trying to get better and he wants to have a long career in the NFL as a successful QB. He's already had some success with Buffalo's offense and I think he wants to stay and build on what he's already done instead of having to start over. I think he feels this is his best chance at success in the NFL is here and I tend to agree with him, given the other choices out there for him.