We must still draft a QB

I am thinking the FO does too... "We are excited about the opportunity to keep Tyrod with the Bills," McDermott said in a statement. "I've gotten a chance to know Tyrod and study him over the past several weeks and he is both a great person and competitor. Doug and I are confident this was best move for the Bills at this time."

I have to think that Tyrod is a stopgap, IMHO, and others as well, this isn't the guy that is going to get us to and win a superbowl. But it is what it is right now.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I doubt the Bills want to carry 4 QBs. If the Hoyer news is true we'd have 4 QBs if we drafted one. Does Cardale get cut in this scenario?

Yes. McD and our OC needs to have say over a rookie QB that THEY Feel could fit this system.

If the Hoyer stories are correct, the Bills will not be drafting a quarterback. At the end of the day, Taylors deal almost undoubtedly contains more guaranteed money than he would have gotten after this Saturday. That means that the front office has penciled him in as the starter for at least 2 years. Add the rumor mill of the Bills trying to get a deal done with Brian Hoyer and Cardale Jones as a developmental guy and they're at 3 QB's. No way we're going into next season with 4. Anyone thinking that Mcdermott has no input into re-signing Taylor AND signing Hoyer as a backup, just isn't tuning in to the reality of the NFL.

If the Hoyer stories are correct, the Bills will not be drafting a quarterback. At the end of the day, Taylors deal almost undoubtedly contains more guaranteed money than he would have gotten after this Saturday. That means that the front office has penciled him in as the starter for at least 2 years. Add the rumor mill of the Bills trying to get a deal done with Brian Hoyer and Cardale Jones as a developmental guy and they're at 3 QB's. No way we're going into next season with 4. Anyone thinking that Mcdermott has no input into re-signing Taylor AND signing Hoyer as a backup, just isn't tuning in to the reality of the NFL.

The McDermott concerns me. Taylor hasn't shown he is a good QB. Great RB with an arm, but no anticipation, read playside and run. You cant' win superbowls like that

I would have no problem at all if we cut Cardale tomorrow. He is terrible. He was not good at Ohio State, he was not good last pre-season, and he was atrocious in week 17. You cannot correct such horrible accuracy issues. I'm sorry, but you can't. Cut him and draft a guy that you actually have a chance to develop, not some guy who's only attribute is a huge arm.

I think they are targeting a QB in this draft. We should find out by the end of FA. If they bring in a back up QB we are not drafting one, if we go into the draft with two QBs on the roster they probably see their QB of the future in the draft.

I think they are targeting a QB in this draft. We should find out by the end of FA. If they bring in a back up QB we are not drafting one, if we go into the draft with two QBs on the roster they probably see their QB of the future in the draft.

Nope. This draft class sucks. See how Cardale does this year and take a better prospect next year, if necessary.

I think both of these things are true.

According to reports, the Bills have already shown the intention of signing a backup

Edited by LeGOATski

Nope. This draft class sucks. See how Cardale does this year and take a better prospect next year, if necessary.

There are at least 5 QBs who are obviously better than Cardale in this draft. Probably more.