Marie Le Pen

Don't know if y'all follow but j'ai adore Le Pen, and the French election (round 2) is coming up. If she's elected there will be huge ramifications across Europe. Really interested to see how it shakes out. For France's sake I hope she's elected. Those people have suffered more than enough due to liberalism.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Watch all the "She's a fascist, NAZI, white supremacist **** loosing from the usual "Hey-Everybody-Let's-Elect-Transnational Progressives" media when she wins.

Half the LIV's have never heard of her because their "news" purveyors are sworn to never mention her name.

The headlines will all read "Unexpected" Shocking" "Upset" "Divisive" yadda yadda blah and they'll begin to mischaracterize everything she says or does.

Politics of personal destruction and identity politics is all these asshats have, yet I'm continually and truly amazed at how well it works on the feeble minded and people that get paid to vote.

Not to be a dick about spelling but I think she goes by Marine.

Edited by richstadiumowner

Don't know if y'all follow but j'ai adore Le Pen, and the French election (round 2) is coming up. If she's elected there will be huge ramifications across Europe. Really interested to see how it shakes out. For France's sake I hope she's elected. Those people have suffered more than enough due to liberalism.

This will be a key election to watch, without question.

As will the German elections.

Merkel has gotta be nervous.

For all the constant, and somewhat justified, finger pointing towards leftists for misrepresenting issues to drive wedges between groups of people, the nationalistic rhetoric does the same damn thing.

I really think it's the nationalists that "snowflake" more aptly describes. Real progress will take more global cooperation, not less, and any leftist/centrist/right leaning group who wants to push "us v them" rhetoric has an absurd sense of their groups worth.

For all the constant, and somewhat justified, finger pointing towards leftists for misrepresenting issues to drive wedges between groups of people, the nationalistic rhetoric does the same damn thing.

I really think it's the nationalists that "snowflake" more aptly describes. Real progress will take more global cooperation, not less, and any leftist/centrist/right leaning group who wants to push "us v them" rhetoric has an absurd sense of their groups worth.

"Us vs Them" is used by all sides all the time. It's not a unique weapon for any political sect imo.

The nationalist/populist backlash has been building for decades thanks to the many missteps of the globalist push. The wealth and jobs have been systematically stripped away from the lower and middle classes of not just America but Europe as well and a lot of the people are frankly tired of it.

In my view, globalism is a necessity if we are going to advance to the point of becoming an inter-planetary species (in the coming centuries that is). What's up for debate are the mechanisms under which that globalism functions.

The model for almost the past thirty years has been one of unipolar globalism -- meaning one super power controlling not only global security, but global culture -- which by its very nature puts diminishes the role and importance of culture and national identities in those countries not running the show. That's been a disaster, we've seen 16 years now of endless (expensive) war, the parring back of civil liberties and constitutional protections, and the global "culture" being pushed is vapid and mind numbing rather than enlightening and empowering. So, nationalists and populists -- who love their countries and cultures -- have been pushing back.

The globalists have deemed this push back to be racists and xenophobic (some of that criticism is justified) which has only accelerated their own decline into absolute authoritarianism and fascism as we see cropping up everywhere within our political discourse.

DC Tom said it best a few weeks ago when he compared the current state of the country as having direct parallels to the Wiemar Republic -- that's certainly true of the United States and I'd argue could be expanded to describe the state of the west at large.

How can she be a Nazi? Does she surrender to herself every six weeks or something?

Ha! Ya know what the irony is? During the Saar offensive the French had an open road to Berlin, but they had a rule for the offensive....'nobody can get hurt' and so they retreated as quickly as they could before somebody got a bloody nose and things got serious. They legitimately thought they could avoid a war with Germany after having just declared one. Hilarious.

Ha! Ya know what the irony is? During the Saar offensive the French had an open road to Berlin, but they had a rule for the offensive....'nobody can get hurt' and so they retreated as quickly as they could before somebody got a bloody nose and things got serious. They legitimately thought they could avoid a war with Germany after having just declared one. Hilarious.

Somebody want to tell the BBMB boat people that I'm pretty much a subject matter expert...

Somebody want to tell the BBMB boat people that I'm pretty much a subject matter expert...

I have an undergrad on the topic, so I'm not an expert, but I know my things n stuff.

Also, I've been a member here since 09.

Global cooperation is one thing. Surrendering national sovereignty to a foreign, unelected ,appointed gang like the EU is another. Just another level of bureaucracy to skim money on a continental level. To social engineer on a continental level. Like letting in hordes of 7th century throwbacks to dilute and weaken the culture.

You bitchiness resonates when it sounds realistic. Michael is the last thing that anyone should be worried about. He's more than good enough. He's not some Luck-like above average guy with a reputation.

"Us vs Them" is used by all sides all the time. It's not a unique weapon for any political sect imo.

The nationalist/populist backlash has been building for decades thanks to the many missteps of the globalist push. The wealth and jobs have been systematically stripped away from the lower and middle classes of not just America but Europe as well and a lot of the people are frankly tired of it.

In my view, globalism is a necessity if we are going to advance to the point of becoming an inter-planetary species (in the coming centuries that is). What's up for debate are the mechanisms under which that globalism functions.

The model for almost the past thirty years has been one of unipolar globalism -- meaning one super power controlling not only global security, but global culture -- which by its very nature puts diminishes the role and importance of culture and national identities in those countries not running the show. That's been a disaster, we've seen 16 years now of endless (expensive) war, the parring back of civil liberties and constitutional protections, and the global "culture" being pushed is vapid and mind numbing rather than enlightening and empowering. So, nationalists and populists -- who love their countries and cultures -- have been pushing back.

The globalists have deemed this push back to be racists and xenophobic (some of that criticism is justified) which has only accelerated their own decline into absolute authoritarianism and fascism as we see cropping up everywhere within our political discourse.

DC Tom said it best a few weeks ago when he compared the current state of the country as having direct parallels to the Wiemar Republic -- that's certainly true of the United States and I'd argue could be expanded to describe the state of the west at large.

I completely agree with what you've laid out here although I'm concerned with potential descents into isolationism. This is not conducive to progress.

There is room for compromise on nearly everything and, yes, that includes putting your individual or group identities in proper perspective amongst all individuals and groups.

People need to get over themselves, realize they aren't all that important, and be willing to give up an inch or a foot. There are too many snowflakes on all sides. I do feel it will take a major galvanizing event for that to happen.

Any attempts to engineer this cooperation are likely to fail, it needs to be organic.

Global cooperation is one thing. Surrendering national sovereignty to a foreign, unelected ,appointed gang like the EU is another. Just another level of bureaucracy to skim money on a continental level. To social engineer on a continental level. Like letting in hordes of 7th century throwbacks to dilute and weaken the culture.

I get it, I really do. The rejections all over the west speaks to the severe flaws in the systems.

My problem is I already see the rejections moving towards overcompensation. Overcompensation in this direction leads to potentially more damaging consequences IMO.

Edited by Rockpile233

I completely agree with what you've laid out here although I'm concerned with potential descents into isolationism. This is not conducive to progress.

There is room for compromise on nearly everything and, yes, that includes putting your individual or group identities in proper perspective amongst all individuals and groups.

People need to get over themselves, realize they aren't all that important, and be willing to give up an inch or a foot. There are too many snowflakes on all sides. I do feel it will take a major galvanizing event for that to happen.

Any attempts to engineer this cooperation are likely to fail, it needs to be organic.

I don't disagree. :beer: