Wanna Tank? Make it interesting..

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some think it would be a gimmie that we get him.

49ers, Browns, Jags, Rams, Jets are still I'm the league. It's never certain and Dak and Wentz > Goff anyways. Top pick ain't a sure thing.

All three of those guys looked pretty good today..

Amen bro. You a UM guy ? Have any faith in Kaaya ? Edited by Ryan L Billz

Why would you go to a game if you knew that they had no intention of winning.

PLAY TO WIN

Please

Why would you go to a game as things stand now?

For many, perhaps most, the answer is "to blow off steam with with friends and alcohol."

Winning football, or football at all, doesn't really have much to do with it anyway.

So why not deliberately lose to get a generational talent at QB?

Why would you go to a game as things stand now?

For many, perhaps most, the answer is "to blow off steam with with friends and alcohol."

Winning football, or football at all, doesn't really have much to do with it anyway.

So why not deliberately lose to get a generational talent at QB?

Like Heath Shuler and Joey Harrington? Edited by Ryan L Billz

Would Kyle Williams (or our new HC...or Shady...or Sammy) really tolerate a backstabbing like that? Kyle said he came back because he likes the vision that's been put in place. Trying to win-now is what brought him back.

Besides, assuming Cleveland takes Garrett and SF isn't sold on a QB this year, their rosters are far more pitiful and more likely to have more losses than us this upcoming year, anyway. I'd love Darnold as much as the next guy, but whoever gets him will have the fortune of doing so and it's not us. Just like Fitz/Chan paving way for Jimmy Clausen's Panthers to get Cam Newton while Andy stayed in school. Those lucky bastards in Indy just happened to have Peyton not play the year that he declared...

Would Kyle Williams (or our new HC...or Shady...or Sammy) really tolerate a backstabbing like that? Kyle said he came back because he likes the vision that's been put in place. Trying to win-now is what brought him back.

Besides, assuming Cleveland takes Garrett and SF isn't sold on a QB this year, their rosters are far more pitiful and more likely to have more losses than us this upcoming year, anyway. I'd love Darnold as much as the next guy, but whoever gets him will have the fortune of doing so and it's not us. Just like Fitz/Chan paving way for Jimmy Clausen's Panthers to get Cam Newton while Andy stayed in school. Those lucky bastards in Indy just happened to have Peyton not play the year that he declared...

Like I said, McCoy would want out of here if they tanked.

49ers, Browns, Jags, Rams, Jets are still I'm the league. It's never certain and Dak and Wentz > Goff anyways. Top pick ain't a sure thing.

Amen bro. You a UM guy ? Have any faith in Kaaya ?

Married with 4 kids now and have very little time to watch college football on Saturdays like i use to lol... I use to watch all the games up to about 4 years ago when my first son was born.. I have an 12 year old daughter, and 3 boys ages 4,3, and 1... Sorry to give you my life story , but yeah i will always be a fan.. Kaaya looke ok today lol..

Like I said, McCoy would want out of here if they tanked.

Exactly. Same with temperamentally talented Jerry. And Sammy's fifth year option is on the horizon, and I highly doubt he'll want to put up with yet another QB more years than he's been with us.

Kyle Orton, EJ, Tyrod, tank QB (Cardale/Hoyer/Foles/forced-to-be-trotted-out rookie), new rookie QB? Gross. He'll follow the path of Hogan and Woods. And should Sammy walk, Whaley can most certainly follow him out of the door come then.

Exactly. Same with temperamentally talented Jerry. And Sammy's fifth year option is on the horizon, and I highly doubt he'll want to put up with yet another QB more years than he's been with us.

Kyle Orton, EJ, Tyrod, tank QB (Cardale/Hoyer/Foles/forced-to-be-trotted-out rookie), new rookie QB? Gross. He'll follow the path of Hogan and Woods. And should Sammy walk, Whaley can most certainly follow him out of the door come then.

I agree. Whaley should already be out the door.

Well we know the only way to win a Lombardi trophy is to draft a franchise qb. The problem is the head coach wants to win now and the GM might be too afraid to tank a season in order to get ahead for the next decade. TT is good enough to get you 8 or 9 wins but not get you a trophy.

Personally I'd avoid drafting a QB at all this year, bring in a vet and draft your franchise guy in 2018

Well we know the only way to win a Lombardi trophy is to draft a franchise qb. The problem is the head coach wants to win now and the GM might be too afraid to tank a season in order to get ahead for the next decade. TT is good enough to get you 8 or 9 wins but not get you a trophy.

Personally I'd avoid drafting a QB at all this year, bring in a vet and draft your franchise guy in 2018

The problem also is Whaley and his drafting.

I've seen plenty of folks who believe we should let Tyrod hit free agency, unload bloated contracts and tank for next year posturing in the draft. Am I for this? No, I think we have a lot of talent on this team and truly don't know if I can continue to stomach rebuild after rebuild. However, if we do go this route let's make it interesting. I realize that this is not realistic but it's interesting to get the perspective of others on how we can tank while making this team interesting to watch. Here are 3 reclamation projects at QB that I believe would at the very least peak my interest enough each week to watch a lost season.

Vince Young- Lets make him great again! That's his slogan not mine but I do find it interesting that his win-loss record as a starting QB is better than plenty of starters in this league. He's shown glimpses in the past of ability and had he stayed in the league he'd be in his prime right now. If I remember correctly his stint here was shadowed by an insane amount of debt owed to creditors and the Bills Brass willingness to trot out the same ol crap.

RG3- How can you go from slinging sammies in a Subway commercial, becoming the darling of Washington and bringing your team to the playoffs year 1.. to what he is today. Was his edge as a starting QB all he really had, his legs? Is his athleticism gone? It just baffles me and regardless if he had stayed healthy or not, last year Cleveland was a dumpster fire (excluding Pryor).

Johnny Football- His own worst enemy obviously but a former Heisman winner, the first as a freshman and what some say has the "IT" factor. I wouldn't necessarily put all my chips in on a short QB with limited understanding of complicated NFL offensive schemes but it'd be a captivating story at the very least and would sell tickets for sure.

If we tank, Russ Brandon will have to do something to sell tickets. Russ... pick up all 3. At least keep our attention or once again by mid season my passion will lie in the hands of my own fantasy team. I need more than this.

And yes, interesting must be my word of the day hahahaha, yikes.

............my mind hurts now.

never was a fan of tanking, never. can't see how players could be either. just seems to be some fans that think it'll get you a certain player that wouldn't be no guarantee to succeed anyway?

icon_smile_2cents.gif

Yeah, tank's a stupid word for it. It implies the wrong things.

It's a full rebuild that people are actually referring to.

Players and coaches don't tank. They can't. It's diametrically opposed to their best interests.

Fighting your way through a rebuild, though, can be something that can help your career in the long term.

Seems plain at this point that they aren't doing a full rebuild. But they look like they're rebuilding in some areas where it makes sense, like getting the salary cap in order, switching systems, which is a process that usually sets you back for a year or so and often means some personnel who fit the last system don't fit the new one. And so on. So yeah, seems like a partial rebuild is in the cards.

Eric, there is nothing you can say that will win people over with threads like this. I get it. You are playing the hypothetical/never going to happen game. Those don't go well here.

Many just read a few lines and assume the rest.

It's an uphill battle. But I appreciate the idea