McDermotts and Frazier's Defense

I like PBrown and think he could be productive again but I don't think it will be here. LB's in this scheme are better suited if they have speed. We already have Ragland (who's obviously going to play), so I don't think there is room in this defense for 2 slow guys. That puts Preston as the odd man out imo

If you say it loud enough......

McDermott always has loved versatile, athletic Dline

Athletic, sideline to sideline , 3 down Linebackers

And long , rangy, corners that can press

Adding 1 big time player to either level of the field will bring us back to where we wanna go

I'd love to have hooker as a centerfielder for years to come

Adding 1 big time player to either level of the field will bring us back to where we wanna go

Nice breakdown of his defense. It's crazy that the Bills were ahead of the curve in drafting S high in the draft. They just picked the wrong one.

I'm not a huge fan of taking a S that high because I think they could be found later. I also love converting slower cbs to S, like Aaron Williams. I'm a huge fan of Desmond King of Iowa and feel he can be the next Bryd. He should be there in the 2nd.

Nice breakdown of his defense. It's crazy that the Bills were ahead of the curve in drafting S high in the draft. They just picked the wrong one.

I'm not a huge fan of taking a S that high because I think they could be found later. I also love converting slower cbs to S, like Aaron Williams. I'm a huge fan of Desmond King of Iowa and feel he can be the next Bryd. He should be there in the 2nd.

Always loved Aaron Williams and the idea of moving a slower , bigger CB to safety, if he can hit and has ball skills

Agree that safety top 10 is not necessarily my perfect preference but it may be best player available

Barnett from Tennessee or Solomon Thomas from Stanford may be options at Dline

Always loved Aaron Williams and the idea of moving a slower , bigger CB to safety, if he can hit and has ball skills

Agree that safety top 10 is not necessarily my perfect preference but it may be best player available

Barnett from Tennessee or Solomon Thomas from Stanford may be options at Dline

Love both of those guys and seem like very high character players. Obviously there are exceptions but if players are equal and at positions of need, I'd rather go with the big guys over the skill players.

Love both of those guys and seem like very high character players. Obviously there are exceptions but if players are equal and at positions of need, I'd rather go with the big guys over the skill players.

Both have great motors and a bevy of pass rush moves

I hate to be a debbie downer but I have a singing feeling by about mid March our Bills will have major holes all over the roster

Except for RB, TE, G, and LT, every position is wide open at #10

CB, S, ILB, OLB, WR, QB, honestly, it doesn't really make a difference

Except if its QB we will down one potential major impact starter because I'm thinking he's likely to be backup

I'm pulling for one of Hooker, Adams, Foster, Lattimore, Davis, or Williams

One or two is bound to be left by the time we choose

What I really hope for is a trade down that gets us an extra 2nd

That seems to be the Jets objective as well

jc

McDermott has historically ran an attacking 43 cover 3 Defense

We have very good D line depth in place and a host of guys who are great 3 techs

The LBr Corp and secondary are where we are a bit weak especially if Gilmore and Zach brown walks

Problem #1 is Preston brown. He is one of the worst starting ILBs in the NFL and takes JV angles... He is also to slow to take bad angles and it severely hurts his game

We have Ragland coming back, and he can man the middle, while Zach is will with brown at strong side

Or Draft foster at 10. Foster at MLB, Zach brown at WILL and Ragland at strong

That is a nice 3 pair of LBrs that can run and hit

I can also see the two safeties , the two WRs or Kizer, Watson, Trubisky

Dark horse would be marshawn lattimore, CB out of Ohio State.. we need a true #1 over 6ft if Gilmore walks and this would be him

I don't agree with all this but it's refreshing to see a thread that's not about dumping Tyrod or firing Whaley.

Nicely posted

We really need two guys at Safety. ( A Williams dependent )

Graham is too much money and getting no faster. I would like to find one in FA and draft Williams heir.

But if it's BPA take what the draft gives you. and then trade down lol

I like Seymour as a prospect but we are going to be hurting in the secondary if we roll out Darby and Seymour as our #1 and 2

We need a legit 6' long, fast, rangy CB1

I disagree. Seymour can and will step up. He's a baller, just needed a season to soak up the data. Will play just as well as Gilmore but has more character and energy. He was a great grab.

I disagree. Seymour can and will step up. He's a baller, just needed a season to soak up the data. Will play just as well as Gilmore but has more character and energy. He was a great grab.

We will see

I like him but it's a stretch to say he will replace our #1 corner for the last 5 years without a hiccup

Heck Darby is much more polished than Seymour and he was struggling last year

I stand by we need a legit 6' #1 corner who can run

Bigger recievers will abuse Darby and Seymour on the outside

Edited by Buffalo716

We will see

I like him but it's a stretch to say he will replace our #1 corner for the last 5 years without a hiccup

Seymour can play the bigger guys. Darby proved his first season he could get up there and the bigger guys. How tall is Corey White btw?

Whether Kevon can step up, and whether Darby can fit well and return to form are certainly questions marks.

And i have no qualms about bringing in another CB or two. But i suggest FA first and then possibly another one middle of the draft. A taller one perhaps :beer:

I have hopes for Seymour but this post just seems like you hate Gilmore. To say a former 6th round will be as good as a possibly top 10 cb is sort of crazy at this point.

We will see

I believe you're new here. I really enjoy your posts but you will learn that this board has whipping boys. For some reason, whether that it was that Gilmore didn't smile enough, some fans constantly just hated on him. There was talk that Darby was better than him a few games into his rookie year.

Well, Darby looked really bad last year. I think people are going to be in for a shock at how good Gilmore was once he's gone.

I have hopes for Seymour but this post just seems like you hate Gilmore. To say a former 6th round will be as good as a possibly top 10 cb is sort of crazy at this point.

Thanks for agreeing!

He has potential and I like him but he is nowhere near Gilmores level as of today

I believe you're new here. I really enjoy your posts but you will learn that this board has whipping boys. For some reason, whether that it was that Gilmore didn't smile enough, some fans constantly just hated on him. There was talk that Darby was better than him a few games into his rookie year.

Well, Darby looked really bad last year. I think people are going to be in for a shock at how good Gilmore was once he's gone.

Thanks I appreciate it

And Gilmore was one of the whipping boys over at BBMB as well , even though unjustified

I agree the fan base will see how good he was once he's gone, sadly

Edited by Buffalo716

I like PBrown and think he could be productive again but I don't think it will be here. LB's in this scheme are better suited if they have speed. We already have Ragland (who's obviously going to play), so I don't think there is room in this defense for 2 slow guys. That puts Preston as the odd man out imo

Shotgunner, although I appreciate with 40 something eyes the larger font, but that was a little overkill buddy. We'll read your posts in normal size.

Thanks for agreeing!

He has potential and I like him but he is nowhere near Gilmores level as of today

Thanks I appreciate it

And Gilmore was one of the whipping boys over at BBMB as well , even though unjustified

I agree the fan base will see how good he was once he's gone, sadly

I called this the Schobel Syndrome. Blaming good players for the team's failings. Some people honestly believe Seymour could man up on Antonio Brown the way Gilmore did? Crazy.