PFF ranks John Miller as #1 most improved 2nd yr player

YoloinOhio

Miller was a good fit for Roman/Kromer OL. Is he also a good fit for Dennison/Castillo? Thanks in advance as I'm not a good evaluator of OL schemes/fit.

Miller isn't the guy I'd handpick to be a prototype zone scheme guard. I'd prefer a touch more athletic ability but his technical skills make up for it. I expect him to be what he currently is, serviceable.

Roman's playbook did include some zone concepts so he's not alien to them. Big believer that the most important aspect is that we return at least 4 starters. Also, Juan Castillo is a damn good replacement for Kromer.

Miller isn't the guy I'd handpick to be a prototype zone scheme guard. I'd prefer a touch more athletic ability but his technical skills make up for it. I expect him to be what he currently is, serviceable.

Roman's playbook did include some zone concepts so he's not alien to them. Big believer that the most important aspect is that we return at least 4 starters. Also, Juan Castillo is a damn good replacement for Kromer.

i like that Castillo was OL coach when Shady had his great season under Reid. He knows how to block for him, that's important. Edited by YoloinOhio

Miller was a good fit for Roman/Kromer OL. Is he also a good fit for Dennison/Castillo? Thanks in advance as I'm not a good evaluator of OL schemes/fit.

Good question. I'm ecstatic about his improvement from year 1 to 2. Hopefully we just need a RT to complete the line for 2017. Some depth too, obviously.

i like that Castillo was OL coach when Shady had his great season under Reid. He knows how to block for him, that's important.

Yeah, I think that's something worthy bearing in mind. I think he's a fine coach, I really do.

I don't want to set too many cats amongst pigeons but, looking at Castillo's history at RT, I'm not convinced that they aren't evaluating Ryan Groy as a potential RT option.

Yeah, I think that's something worthy bearing in mind. I think he's a fine coach, I really do.

I don't want to set too many cats amongst pigeons but, looking at Castillo's history at RT, I'm not convinced that they aren't evaluating Ryan Groy as a potential RT option.

very interesting. The draft and FA are slim pickings for good OT talent. Going to just hope for better than Mills, which isn't a high bar

very interesting. The draft and FA are slim pickings for good OT talent. Going to just hope for better than Mills, which isn't a high bar

The RFA tender gives them a great option to trial it. One year deal, no long term commitment. Still a big fan of taking Chad Wheeler in the mid rounds if we go developmental than searching for an immediate starter.

Wouldn't have to sink a lot of cost into that (Groy original round tender/Wheeler in the 3rd is likely a $2.5m combined cap hit) and could always address it again next year. Wheeler played LT, could be a swing tackle.