Alterraun Verner would be a good signing

cover1

Did a little more digging on him. Looks like he could be a good starter on a team with a lot of cover 2/3/4. If he has help over the top his lack of top end speed will be mitigated and if he drops into a deep zone he will and be able to ball hawk (which he is good at). He would make a lot of sense in McD's scheme.

Edited by BarleyNY

NFL took video down

Open the video in youtube, you will be all set!

Did a little more digging on him. Looks like he could be a good starter on a team with a lot of cover 2/3/4. If he has help over the top his lack of top end speed will be mitigated and if he drops into a deep zone he will and be able to ball hawk (which he is good at). He would make a lot of sense in McD's scheme.

Exactly, he needs to be in off coverage, bail technique.

Open the video in youtube, you will be all set!

Exactly, he needs to be in off coverage, bail technique.

I learn a bit more each day reading your breakdowns honestly. Some good and smart folks do that here too but subscribed to your site has been a pleasure Erik.

And Any other corner in FA you like?

Edited by 3rdand12

Nice call on Verner, Cover1

and we have to talk about the elephant in the room.

I do not want to discuss the player though please oh please no more opines on Gilmore.

The elephant is that Gilmore walked. Bills need at least one FA corner with exp unless you are ready to start Seymour.

I can see it, but it worries me.

and we have to talk about the elephant in the room.

I do not want to discuss the player though please oh please no more opines on Gilmore.

The elephant is that Gilmore walked. Bills need at least one FA corner with exp unless you are ready to start Seymour.

I can see it, but it worries me.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how Darby fits the new scheme either.

Yeah. I was thinking the same thing. I'm not sure how Darby fits the new scheme either.

Good question,

But back to my mantra ala Darby ala Bills. Coaches need to make it work with the players. I think Darby can learn cover 3. and he might excel at it. I think Robey will come back to form .

Good question,

But back to my mantra ala Darby ala Bills. Coaches need to make it work with the players. I think Darby can learn cover 3. and he might excel at it. I think Robey will come back to form .

McDermott can mold the scheme to the players he has. Played a lot of zone with Ron Rivera in Carolina but remember back in Philly they were strictly man and a lot of pattern matching. Darby and Seymour are better man corners IMO.

I learn a bit more each day reading your breakdowns honestly. Some good and smart folks do that here too but subscribed to your site has been a pleasure Erik.

And Any other corner in FA you like?

Havent gotten a chance to really browse the list. I have been super busy doing the Scouting Academy.

McDermott can mold the scheme to the players he has. Played a lot of zone with Ron Rivera in Carolina but remember back in Philly they were strictly man and a lot of pattern matching. Darby and Seymour are better man corners IMO.

Havent gotten a chance to really browse the list. I have been super busy doing the Scouting Academy.

Thanks for the notes. Never though about Philly. At least knowing they can blend in what might be best.

Not wanting to get ahead of myself, i imagine what they do at the Safety position will help aline what works overall.

All i have read is mixed zone and cover 3. Nice to hear there might be more available in Coaches repertoire.