Jabrill Peppers? (Thomas Davis/Shaq Thompson clone)

JustWinPlease

He's a luxury pick for a good team with a creative OC that doesn't have a lot of needs and can play him on offense and to return kicks. Maybe a few defensive packages as a blitzer. Bottom line is he is best with the ball in his hands. Great agility, not great cover skills and questionable straight line speed.

I could see him going to Dallas.

New England

190 lb toothpick. No thanks.

205 pounds...same as where Davis and Thompson were coming out of college.

But, okay. :rolleyes:

He needs to switch to offense. 4th round. PR too.

Can't cover top athletes well enough to play safety in the NFL. Too small to play LB.

That's what they said about the other two players I mentioned, so they moved to LB and gained weight...since they both weighed the same as Peppers.

205 pounds...same as where Davis and Thompson were coming out of college.

But, okay. :rolleyes:

That's what they said about the other two players I mentioned, so they moved to LB and gained weight...since they both weighed the same as Peppers.

Peppers lacks technique and it will lead to limitations in the league. He relies on his athleticism which works vs Rutgers and not vs elite talent. His size will make pinpointing a position for him problematic, but it's the other things that make him fall out of the top group of players. Edited by YoloinOhio

how can you be a shaq thompson and thomas davis clone when they're sooooo different?

Players that played different positions in college...kind of self-explanatory.

The both played safety and got moved to LB.

Peppers lacks technique and it will lead to limitations in the league. He relies on his athleticism which works vs Rutgers and not vs elite talent.

Which is why he's seen as a LB...again, like the other two were.

Players that played different positions in college...kind of self-explanatory.

The both played safety and got moved to LB.

Which is why he's seen as a LB...again, like the other two were.

LBs still need technique. Maybe he will grow into a good LB in the NFL. it's a lot of projecting, thought, like that famous "piece of clay." Too much work for a 1st or even 2nd rounder. Just give me a guy who has already played the position he's being asked to play, please. Gaining 25 lbs can affect players in different ways.

He was mostly in the "Viper" role at UM. Really didn't play much safety.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Okay then, just figured a team like the Bills who have holes all over the roster could use a versatile player that couple play multiple positions.

I guess we'll stick with guys like Jonathan Meeks, Walt Powell and Ramon Humber...instead of one guy who could play all those roles.

(Deone Buchannon and Mark Barron are the same kind of player too, and they've been quite successful at the same size.)

*Especially since many Bills fans wanted to draft Sua Cravens.

Edited by JustWinPlease

Okay then, just figured a team like the Bills who have holes all over the roster could use a versatile player that couple play multiple positions.

I guess we'll stick with guys like Jonathan Meeks, Walt Powell and Ramon Humber...instead of one guy who could play all those roles.

(Deone Buchannon and Mark Barron are the same kind of player too, and they've been quite successful at the same size.)

*Especially since many Bills fans wanted to draft Sua Cravens.

Ive watched most of Peppers collegiate games and I just don't think he's good enough at either safety or LB to warrant a 2nd round pick. He can play mutiple positions at the collegiate level but when he faced good players and good coaches he was easily blocked out of plays and juked out of his shorts. I don't mind developing a player who has his athleticism but he's raw at LB and I don't think he's an immediate contributor. He's truly best fit for offense and ST imo. That's why if I'm the Bills I'd take him in the 4th or later. I see players more ready to step in and play ahead of him. I don't doubt he has potential though.

• 2 weeks later...

"Like Shaq Thompson before him, Jabrill Peppers' pro position in question - but not in his mind:"

http://www.panthers.com/news/article-2/Jabrill-Peppers-pegs-his-position/cfb4bb7c-6c96-4878-8460-23e00535626a

It's somewhat reminiscent of two years ago, when Shaq Thompsonicon-article-link.gif arrived at the combine with a track record of success at linebacker, safety and running back. He opened his press conference saying he planned to play outside linebacker, but some teams weren't sure about his fit. That's part of the reason he was still sitting there at No. 25 overall when the draft rolled around two months later. The Panthers pounced, and Thompson is now showing signs of becoming a top linebacker in the league.

"We want to evaluate a player like him (Peppers) because we did the same thing with Shaq Thompson," head coach Ron Rivera said. "We had everybody talking to us, saying he's just a special teams player, to he's just a running back, or a safety or a linebacker. We looked at where he would best fit us. For us, it was a linebacker and what we call the ‘Buffalo' where you can take a bigger guy and put him out onto a slot receiver and still have some athleticism.

Just saying, don't sleep on McDermott seeing things the same way, with such a need at safety (and linebacker)...trade down, get more picks, draft Peppers.

(Personally, I want a QB...but don't see that happening.)

Edited by JustWinPlease

You can't justify drafting a guy in the first round when the position they'll play in college isn't obvious.

He's too small to play linebacker and too big to play DB. At 213 pounds, I don't see how you can say he's a clone of Thomas Davis (235 lbs) or Shaq Thompson (230 lbs).

190 lb toothpick. No thanks.

213lbs. 4.46 forty.

You can't justify drafting a guy in the first round when the position they'll play in college isn't obvious.

He's too small to play linebacker and too big to play DB. At 213 pounds, I don't see how you can say he's a clone of Thomas Davis (235 lbs) or Shaq Thompson (230 lbs).

Too big to play DB? How so? Terrence McGee was 210. Da'Norris Searcy was 220-225.