Eagles releasing Leodis

YoloinOhio

i thought it was just the year.....would move him to safety

based on his ball skills, anticipation and physical hits?

the dude is meant to be outside running with a guy in man coverage. hes just going to be streaky with it because hes simply good not great.

just ask your self this.....when williams goes down if we still had mckelvin does it fall apart like it did?

i dont think it does

I would agree with this.

The thought of McKelvin at Safety instead of guys like Rambo & Duke Williams, sounds a lot better.

How good was Leo in zone vs. man schemes? That's the big question. If he's decent in zone, then we should take a look. Just don't let him return kicks vs. NE* :)

Good in zones. Less good in man, which is one reason why Rex wanted to replace him. Would provide good depth but probably too expensive for depth and on the downside of his career.

based on his ball skills, anticipation and physical hits?

the dude is meant to be outside running with a guy in man coverage. hes just going to be streaky with it because hes simply good not great.

He does have great range and playing safety would cover his shortcomings in man coverage. I agree that he is not an ideal tackler for the position though, especially in this new defense. May be worth a shot to see how he translates but it probably won't be here. I suspect he'll get picked up as a CB by someone.