Knightfall on history

Now we are into an area that's loaded with fun goodies right up my alley...

*Nine knights sent to protect pilgrims to the Holy Land... Nine men to protect hundreds against thousands. :rolleyes:

(That was clearly not their true mission)

*The nine knights return and suddenly are granted unheard of powers by the Church to go along with their new wealth.

(They found something that directly challenged the Church's power -- ie pre-Christian artifacts from a pre-Egyptian civilization more than likely; NOT the grail -- see Otto Rahn for more fun details about his own Grail quests for the Nazis.)

*The Templars settled in southern France where they work on creating their own state on the Iberian peninsula. Something that is often overlooked.

(Arguably the wealthiest tracks of land between Italy and Spain were Templar controlled, a clear threat to the Church's empire, it wasn't the fighting power of the Templars that kept the Church at bay, but whatever secrets they held.)

*A century later, the Templars are betrayed when the Church teams up with several monarchs to destroy the Templars and tarnish their legacy.

*1930's: The Nazis have teams running around the south of France looking for the Templar treasure. Numerous reports they found it.

Raiders%2BOf%2BThe%2BLost%2BArk%2B5.jpg

1944: Operation Anvil/Dragoon -- a still controversial decision to invade southern France by the allies after D-Day. That its main thrust was centered on the very spot where the Nazis had major Templar excavation activities for a decade is just coincidence... I'm sure :pirate:

Let's see how the show completely bumbles the true story of the Templars and what they were really fighting for...

*Nine knights sent to protect pilgrims to the Holy Land... Nine men to protect hundreds against thousands. :rolleyes:

*The nine knights return and suddenly are granted unheard of powers by the Church to go along with their new wealth.

(They found something that directly challenged the Church's power -- ie pre-Christian artifacts from a pre-Egyptian civilization more than likely; NOT the grail -- see Otto Rahn for more fun details about his own Grail quests for the Nazis.)

*The Templars settled in southern France where they work on creating their own state on the Iberian peninsula. Something that is often overlooked.

(Arguably the wealthiest tracks of land between Italy and Spain were Templar controlled, a clear threat to the Church's empire, it wasn't the fighting power of the Templars that kept the Church at bay, but whatever secrets they held.)

*A century later, the Templars are betrayed when the Church teams up with several monarchs to destroy the Templars and tarnish their legacy.

*1930's: The Nazis have teams running around the south of France looking for the Templar treasure. Numerous reports they found it.

Raiders%2BOf%2BThe%2BLost%2BArk%2B5.jpg

1944: Operation Anvil/Dragoon -- a still controversial decision to invade southern France by the allies after D-Day. That its main thrust was centered on the very spot where the Nazis had major Templar excavation activities for a decade is just coincidence... I'm sure :pirate:

Let's see how the show completely bumbles the true story of the Templars and what they were really fighting for...

And in 2017 the History® channel starts digging up a small island in Canada

Uh...you do understand that decision wasn't the least bit controversial, then or now?

Uh...you do understand that decision wasn't the least bit controversial, then or now?

Churchill sure disagreed, he and others (wrongly, in my opinion) felt Anvil was just going to reduce the Allied push in Italy and leave Central Europe exposed to the Red Army. He had support in the US military as well, General Clark called Dragoon the "outstanding political mistake of the war". Eisenhower apparently also agreed with Churchill, if you believe Churchill.

McCarthy, in fact, cut his teeth in the senate grilling General Marshall about the necessity of the operation. (I think it was Marshall, I forget now and am not near my books)

What about Keira?

Edited by 4merper4mer

:o

IN!

"Could it be possible that there's a BODY in the money pit? Or is this just another one of Oak Island's mysteries?"

I hate this friggin show, find something already, I hope they find those 5 ducts as at least this would show something. I think the pirates made all those traps and such on Oak Island and then put the real treasure on another island lol.