WNY 30 for 30 ideas

Bullpen

Would never happen because I don't think it would have the national appeal but It would be cool to see a doc about the Buffalo Sports Fan in general. Could interview alot of locals and recap some of the heartbreaking defeats we;ve been through and talk about how many transplants are all over the United States and all the Bills Backers bars all over the place, show the tailgating scene. I know it might not sound too interesting on paper but Buffalo teams almost have a cult following and I think if done properly it could be interesting.

Alex Mogilney's story of leaving Russia and all would be cool

Oh man, I totally forgot about that!! I was in high school at the time and way to wrapped up in my own myopic world to remember much of that.

Didn't he also have some kind of strange thing about air travel as well?

Oh man, I totally forgot about that!! I was in high school at the time and way to wrapped up in my own myopic world to remember much of that.

Yes! Not sure what the air travel thing was. Officially it was a phobia of flying but I think Bull Dog said once--not sure if it was him, but I think--that the phobia story was a cover for something, not sure

Yes. He had a terrible fear of flying. He also loved golf so his teammates had him focus on the golf courses that they were flying over instead of thinking about the plane. Not sure if it worked.

Ultimately, bob rich's arms got short when they told the bidders how much the expansion fee would be. At the time, i believe it was down to buffalo, denver, orlando, miami, and new orleans.

They ended up talking to the gm and owner of the san francisco giants. They were fed up with candlestick park. The Riches had dinner with them and pitched the idea of them moving the team to buffalo and re-assume the "New York Giants" name. They were interested, but i dont think it got past one other meeting.

Ultimately, bob rich's arms got short when they told the bidders how much the expansion fee would be. At the time, i believe it was down to buffalo, denver, orlando, miami, and new orleans.

They ended up talking to the gm and owner of the san francisco giants. They were fed up with candlestick park. The Riches had dinner with them and pitched the idea of them moving the team to buffalo and re-assume the "New York Giants" name. They were interested, but i dont think it got past one other meeting.

Wow! Resurrecting the New York Giants!? That's pretty interesting. In an alternate reality, Buffalo would have finally had a few championships finally!!

Wasn't a 30 for 30, but was along those lines on NHL Network. Thought it was pretty good.

This is a great find dhg!!! Thanks!!!