SuperBowl XXV redieux?

SuperBowl LI looks like a remake of SuperBowl XXV. Atlanta has the offense comparable to the Bills. Their defense is ok, getting better, and young. The Giants and Pats will both be led by Lord Vader. He will try to take away Jones just like he took away Reed. Atlanta doesn't have the running game to beat the Pats fron seven.

However the rules have changed and I'm not sure even the dark lord will be able to slow down Jones and company. Can Ryan stay calm and patient? Can Atlanta bring pressure with just four?

Should be a classic.

Offensively I think both teams are close with Pats having the upper hand in the run game.

I think the Pats have the advantage at DB and thats where the game will be won.

Rooting for the Falcons but they will need to have a great scheme on offense to put up enough points, and a great scheme on defense to slow down Brady enough to win.

Should be a good one. The championship games were terrible games/match ups. I think if the Chiefs and Cowboys had won, we would have seen some really good games instead of the crap we witnessed.

Edited by Marty McFly

I think you guys are underestimating the Falcons run game. I know we had the most rushing yards, but they may be the most dangerous run game in the league this year. I fully expect an Atlanta victory.

I don't see the similarity past the Hoodie being involved. XXV featured the high flying Bills offense vs the defensive minded, offensively challenged Giants with a backup QB to boot. Not sure what parallel could be found with this matchup.

Atlanta has the best offense in the league. New England has the highest scoring defense in the league.

Now we just need to see if Atlanta has a Marv or a Bill.

Atlanta has the best offense in the league. New England has the highest scoring defense in the league.

Now we just need to see if Atlanta has a Marv or a Bill.

And New England has a top offense with a top QB unlike that Giants team. They didn't lose because of Marv, though. He was a delegator HC and entrusted the game to Marchibroda and more importantly Kelly. Kelly had a package of plays to choose from when he got to the line and surveyed the Defense. The Giants had no way to hang in this game if it became a shootout and BB knew it. He sold out to stop the pass, lining up in formations that begged the Bills to call running plays. They didn't , not nearly often enough. I know the old saying about " you dance with who brung ya" but the Bills would probably have won easily if they called more runs. Then when the Giants D got out of those DB heavy looks to deal with the run , Kelly could burn them with the pass. It worked because the Bills outsmarted themselves and wouldn't take what the Giants D was giving them in spades. They then mismanaged the clock on their final drive, to the tune of about 35-40 seconds which would have gotten them at least a closer FG try. Anyway, the Pats are # 1 in scoring D, but they haven't faced an offense like ATL this year and are usually playing with a lead. We'll see. Hopefully ATL finds a way to get a win. That would be a good story to cap the 2016 season. Edited by Boatdrinks

Both teams have FG kickers that can make it easily from 47 yards. Biggest difference between this and XXV.

And New England has a top offense with a top QB unlike that Giants team. They didn't lose because of Marv, though. He was a delegator HC and entrusted the game to Marchibroda and more importantly Kelly. Kelly had a package of plays to choose from when he got to the line and surveyed the Defense. The Giants had no way to hang in this game if it became a shootout and BB knew it. He sold out to stop the pass, lining up in formations that begged the Bills to call running plays. They didn't , not nearly often enough. I know the old saying about " you dance with who brung ya" but the Bills would probably have won easily if they called more runs. Then when the Giants D got out of those DB heavy looks to deal with the run , Kelly could burn them with the pass. It worked because the Bills outsmarted themselves and wouldn't take what the Giants D was giving them in spades. They then mismanaged the clock on their final drive, to the tune of about 35-40 seconds which would have gotten them at least a closer FG try. Anyway, the Pats are # 1 in scoring D, but they haven't faced an offense like ATL this year and are usually playing with a lead. We'll see. Hopefully ATL finds a way to get a win. That would be a good story to cap the 2016 season.

Kelly running the ball a couple times is what cost us all that precious time.

SuperBowl LI looks like a remake of SuperBowl XXV. Atlanta has the offense comparable to the Bills. Their defense is ok, getting better, and young. The Giants and Pats will both be led by Lord Vader. He will try to take away Jones just like he took away Reed. Atlanta doesn't have the running game to beat the Pats fron seven.

However the rules have changed and I'm not sure even the dark lord will be able to slow down Jones and company. Can Ryan stay calm and patient? Can Atlanta bring pressure with just four?

Should be a classic.\

I made the same analogy in another thread. unfortunately I believe coaching will make the difference again and the Pats will win their 5th Super bowl.