What should the Bills plan be from here on?

FireChan

112 members have voted

1. 1. The Plans

• Win now - Find the best QB FA/TT, short term revamp of defense
    • Tank year/short term rebuild - Chalk up 2017 as a down year, retool over the next 2 with a new QB
    • Full on rebuld - Ditch older players, and play in the cellar for 2-3 years and retool with eyes on 2019-20.

Man, you are like talking to a brick wall. Number of players taken is not the sole indicator and is full of incomplete information. When a team drafts at any position, it weighs prospects available, needs, BPA, etc. There is no science as to when and where a team will make a determination to draft any particular player. And then they have to way the difference in value they see with each player combined with the fact that every single year the overall quality of the draft is completely different than the year before.

What does Cleveland do at #12 for instance. Lets assume they go with Myles, the overwhelming top player on the board at #1 overall a guy they desperately need. And lets also assume no QB comes off the board and Cleveland has their pick of any QB at 12. Well, what if on their overall board, the best QB is still only the 4th best guy on their board. Do they ignore the other 3 and reach for the QB out of need, or do they take the better prospect at another urgent position and target a QB with the first pick of round 2 thinking that many teams behind them don't need a QB and that one of their guys will be there. Maybe the difference of the top player on their board is negligible to the QB they have as the 4th and they decide to just take the QB.

Your over simplification of rating the quality of a draft class based on how many go, ESPECIALLY with QB's who teams always will tend to reach more on, is just utterly ridiculous and full of non sense. 2 may go in the first one year, and 2 in the next year...by your definition the quality of the QB prospects was equal and doesnt take into account about 1000 factors. No 2 drafts are equal, and every year the expected incoming class are graded overall and this one isnt very strong.

Like when Tim Tebow when in the first despite just about EVERYONE in the world feeling he was NOT a first round QB, and many wouldn't have taken him in the 2nd. But all it took was one team to see him differently and value him and be willing to take a chance on that player.

No not equal. But 2 drafts with 2 QB's taken in the top 10 is clearly more similar than a draft with 1 QB taken at #16 and the only QB off the board in the first.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seriously, Alphadog has owned you in this post and that's your response? I'm 45 years old and have traveled all over the world with the military. The amount of DB's (not defensive backs) I see on here flexing their Internet muscles on a daily basis out numbers the amount I've met in my 45 years.

Another life long fan.

How many times has Brees been to the postseason? How many times has TT?

It's over bro. Bow out.

Ignoring the asinine nature of these statements, they still have no merit with respect to this debate. The Saints, with their HOF quarterback, scored more points than 30 other teams. They still did not make the playoffs. Therefore, quarterback is not the only important aspect of the game.

The Bills scored more points than SIX teams that made the playoffs this year, and they tied with one team that made the playoffs and also boasts arguably the best WR and RB in the league as well as a HOF quarterback.

So, if you were going to choose one side of the Bills' game that DOESN'T need to change, it would be the offense. If you paired our current offense with the defense that Rex inherited before he mucked it all up, we would easily make the playoffs and probably win at least one playoff game.

I am not part of the COT, but I acknowledge that we could do much worse and I realize that he is not the reason why we're now at Year 17.

And yes, Alpha already whooped you up and down your own thread. I just couldn't resist piling on.

Find your QB in this draft and take him.

Yes

This team would have made the playoffs with better coaching. I don't see a blowup and rebuild as being necessary. Tanking should not be an option. Just keep building on what's already here.

Agreed

not to be found, know need for an ej repeat because we "need" a QB.

I think 1 or 2 QBs will come out of this draft. Just not sure which 1 or 2.

I tend to agree here - if you miss on "your QB" then take another shot next year - but pick guys that you like, and roll with it. It's not an EJ draft, and it doesn't seem to have a Luck either. Do your homework on all of them, and get your guy! There's always next year!

Agreed

Is this organization from top to bottom even able to have a cohesive plan? I think that should be the real question...New inexperienced football owners, a GM that hasn't been on the same page with the two previous coaches, and an incompetent PR guy, and a lack of player talent (yes I said it). Here we are again, new coaches and new systems. Ground hog day at OBD. I am not drinking the cool aid.

Ignoring the asinine nature of these statements, they still have no merit with respect to this debate. The Saints, with their HOF quarterback, scored more points than 30 other teams. They still did not make the playoffs. Therefore, quarterback is not the only important aspect of the game.

The Bills scored more points than SIX teams that made the playoffs this year, and they tied with one team that made the playoffs and also boasts arguably the best WR and RB in the league as well as a HOF quarterback.

So, if you were going to choose one side of the Bills' game that DOESN'T need to change, it would be the offense. If you paired our current offense with the defense that Rex inherited before he mucked it all up, we would easily make the playoffs and probably win at least one playoff game.

I am not part of the COT, but I acknowledge that we could do much worse and I realize that he is not the reason why we're now at Year 17.

And yes, Alpha already whooped you up and down your own thread. I just couldn't resist piling on.

If whooping me is posting rambling, semi-coherent arguments in a effort to bore me to death, then yeah.