Shrewd Whaley Wins Alliance battle at OBD.

dezertbill

JW basically believes that Whaley's dadaist performance (with obvious lies to boot) at that PC was bad enough that it forced TP to step up and perform some damage control.

Ok thanks for clarifying...so it had to do with the PC ended up a disaster...I haven't watched it, only read about it on the board here. As far as accountability would that be a back room slap on the wrist or would that be firing-worthy in its own right?

Hey Russ, how much are tickets in section 235?

B-)

Haha...that's an insult :lol:

I'm definitely not a RB fan...a glass-half-full Bills fan, perhaps...but the further away he can get from football operations the better it is for us. Here's to 2017! B-)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

True. He didn't contradict anything Whaley said, so I guess Pegula lied, too.

Neither Whaley or Pegula possess the finesse when it comes to dealing with the media. It's uncomfortable to watch at times.

i still wonder why they don't use Russ Brandon for media stuff and press conferences. He's the team president and it's his forte. He can sit there and field questions with Whaley and/or Pegs. Edited by YoloinOhio

The media didn't make that pc an unmitigated disaster. I've said this in other threads - does that pc give anyone hope that Whaley has the intelligence and skill to lead the bills out of the desert in which they have wandered for nearly two decades?

Why not judge him by his personnel moves instead of his PC performances? This is what I mean by side shows. We get distracted into judging stuff that has nothing to do with football.

i still wonder why they don't use Russ Brandon for media stuff and press conferences. He's the team president and it's his forte. He can sit there and field questions with Whaley and/or Pegs.

I understand that logic, but there are some PCs expressly meant for GMs and, in the case of RR's firing, owners. Other than facing repetitive questions about his meddling in "football decisions", I'm not sure the media would be interested in what he has to say about business development, marketing, the price of tickets, etc. The new ventures he oversees now aren't relative to the Bills so again, I don't know about the relevance.

It would be fun to see him turning red with anger like Whaley, though. It's no secret he has the same disdain for certain members of the media.

Promo....I'm also confused as to what Whaley should have his feet held to the fire over...I've reread things and tried to read between the lines...if you find out please let me know.

Hate to say it but I'm still trying to process how a bad presser turned into "the lowest point in Bills history!!!!" My take is the press are looking for any weakness to exploit for a story. But it's also a game because the Bills can't do anything in a way that doesn't bring criticism from the media.

Consider this: the media has the vapors over the lack of power Whaley has, even though they reported that Rex answered to Pegula two years ago. This is something they already knew but are acting like it's a bombshell.