Random Thoughts

Luxy312

I would imagine Parker isn't paramount in the op's life and he was unaware he died. I knew he died, but continued reading. Parker isn't a world famous person, oops, wasn't. Op can be forgiven for not knowing Parker croked.

Lol. So you're making excuses for him . If you are going to write something, check the facts . He obviously knew enough about Parker to know about his negotiating tactics .

1st item: We need a Head Coach with a vision. The HC needs to evaluate TT and decide if he wants to put his career aligned with TT's success (and I hope he does).

2nd item: They need decisions on their FA and how they are going to fill those gaps. Gilmore, Woods, Zack Brown, Lorax were starters on this team playing a majority of snaps during the season. If you don't re-sign them then they are major holes on your defense and offense to fill. How are they going to find their replacements.

3rd item: What to do with Aaron Williams. He is a difference maker out in the field. If he retires, that is another starter leaving the team and a huge void to fill. Do they go after a 1st or 2nd round pick to replace Williams.

4th item: Replacing lousy players with better players. Preston Brown was horrible. Goodwin was below average. Justin Hunter was ok as the 3rd WR. Right Tackle has been a pretty weak position and requires replacement. They are probably going to let go of Henderson.

5th item: What to do with above average players, but having a huge cap hit. People like Kyle Williams, Eric Wood, Dan Carpenter etc. Some of them may become cap casualties. They are starters on this team and would require being replaced.

6th item: Who will be the Defensive Coordinator. The defense does have talent in Dareus, Darby, Williams and the newbees Lawson and Ragaland. How do they build a strong defense around these core players. How do they stop the run and get off the field on 3rd downs.

A lot of question marks on this team. But all starts with the hire of the HC. That is the only thing that is important now. My dream team will be Wade Philips as the HC, Norv Turner as the OC and Schwartz as the DC.

Edited by ganesh

No need to slam me on the Parker thing folks. He's gotten many a past Bills player run out of town because of his contract demands. I didn't realize he was dead, which actually brings me a little joy this Wednesday morning. The rhetoric from Gilmore none the less is that he wants top-5 CB money.

So consistent with the random thoughts theme, why interview Frank Reich for the HC job and not Jim Schwartz? Is there bad blood between Whaley and Schwartz on some level?

Tyrod staying or going is completely dependent on who's HC.

I think they let Stephon walk.

Kyle is in his mid-30's. Restructure or cut.

SS with our 1st Pick. Always develop thru the middle and we play in a Division owned by NE and Gronk..

Two things, one of which I hate to break to you:

1 - Stephon Gilmore is represented by Jason Chayut of SportStars.

2 - Eugene Parker passed away last year.

Agreed that Parker is dead. Also, Kyle is not 29.

I can't imagine why anyone thinks that Tyrod would be willing to renegotiate his contract. There will be no negotiations. Buffalo will keep him or release him...and he will be picked up very, very quickly.

I thought you could only renegotiate a contract once in a league year and that has been done already with TT.

I like a 4-3 and think Percy Harvin should get a look next season

at minimum with incentives. Kick the tires and hope migraines stop.

Harvin.....Oh, honey, please.

Actually.....they dont have to make a decision on TT until March

I think the absolute first big decision is HC....followed by who the OC and DC will be for this team. That is going to give a big indication of how this team is going to go with players.

If they do not get a DC that knows how to run a base 4-3 or wide 9 I might not even renew my NFL sunday ticket next year.......it means they are tanking.