Sully: Doug Whaley's team a no-show in finale

Rico

Where did we get a bum like Whaley? Oh I know, Russ Brandon. Who is still here, these two clowns. How has the team performed since

forever? Well, you get the message. Same old Bills forever. Patches holes and sell tickets. The reporters whom everyone slags can see the big picture, but owners can't. And so it goes.

??? Are you confusing Buddy Nix hiring him as his replacement.

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

To all the people that believe yesterdays game was a deliberate attemt to imrove draft position, i have to ask.

How does something like that go down? Does Whaley go into a team meeting before the game and say "take it easy on sunday guys, we dont want to win this one?" Because that seems CRAZY! What pro sports team would collectively orchestrate a deliberate loss for draft position?

Or is it ALL because of EJ? Tyrods intangibles would have turned that game around? Inspired the D to play harder? Would have scored 24-30 points based on his scrambling ability?

Or is it that our team just isnt that good?

Whaley didn't have to tell anyone to lose.

1) He changed coaches 5 days before a game.

2) Sat the starting QB

3) Limited game planning

4)Lynn pulled starters as the game went on.

5) Kept handing the ball off even when they needed points fast to win.

As for this team not being any good, they averaged 25 pts/game before Sunday.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

No, that was just stupidity. But the Bills were well behind by that point of the game.

They played horribly because they turned the team upside down 5 days before the game.

Ah yes! They did turn the team upside down- but not to lose the game- because rex needed to go, they wanted to audition A-lynn, shop EJ and bench TT so they wouldn't have the injury clause. moving up the draft board is a nice consequence of those priorities but i do not believe it was the first, second or third priority.

my biggest issue is making this an excuse for the poor play.

Edited by jethro_tull

Ah yes! They did turn the team upside down- but not to lose the game- because rex needed to go, they wanted to audition A-lynn, shop EJ and bench TT so they wouldn't have the injury clause. moving up the draft board is a nice consequence of those priorities but i do not believe it was the first, second or third priority.

Oh come on! Rex needed to go a week before the season finale because he would have started Taylor. And the notion that Lynn was being auditioned is the ultimate in insanity. As for Taylor, there was nothing to be gained playing a meaningless game injured.

Sorry if I'm spoiling the torch & pitchfork party you were going to throw, but someone has to talk people off the ledge.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Whaley didn't have to tell anyone to lose.

1) He changed coaches 5 days before a game.

2) Sat the starting QB

3) Limited game planning

4)Lynn pulled starters as the game went on.

5) Kept handing the ball off even when they needed points fast to win.

As for this team not being any good, they averaged 25 pts/game before Sunday.

When Jax fired Bradley a few weeks ago, that team came out and scored something like 38 points under Marrone. I cant see any way that pro athletes would come out deliberately trying to lose. Or not caring one bit about W/L. Yesterdays loss wasnt only on EJ anymore that the Oak and Pitts losses werent only on Tyrod. Theresno way we deliberatley tanked thatgame for draft position. The players DO NOT care about draft position. We just arent that good and probably would have lost even with Tyrod back there.

Oh come on! Rex needed to go a week before the season finale because he would have started Taylor. And the notion that Lynn was being auditioned is the ultimate in insanity. As for Taylor, there was nothing to be gained playing a meaningless game injured.

Rex needed to go because he wanted to start Taylor.

LOL at Sully or anyone else putting any value on that last game. What did you guys think was going to happen? Why ruin your New Year by even watching when there is so much good college football on?

It was good to see the Bills get away from a typical Bills move like winning the last meaningless game just to ruin your draft spot.

On to 2017!

When Jax fired Bradley a few weeks ago, that team came out and scored something like 38 points under Marrone. I cant see any way that pro athletes would come out deliberately trying to lose. Or not caring one bit about W/L. Yesterdays loss wasnt only on EJ anymore that the Oak and Pitts losses werent only on Tyrod. Theresno way we deliberatley tanked thatgame for draft position. The players DO NOT care about draft position. We just arent that good and probably would have lost even with Tyrod back there.

Players don't care about draft position but Whaley does.

LOL at Sully or anyone else putting any value on that last game. What did you guys think was going to happen? Why ruin your New Year by even watching when there is so much good college football on?

It was good to see the Bills get away from a typical Bills move like winning the last meaningless game just to ruin your draft spot.

On to 2017!

Amen to that....peace.

Sorry if I'm spoiling the torch & pitchfork party you were going to throw, but someone has to talk people off the ledge.

All good points. Here is the problem though. What we saw on the field against the Jets is what we may see next season every game. This Bills team is weak.

All good points. Here is the problem though. What we saw on the field against the Jets is what we may see next season every game. This Bills team is weak.

There is absolutely no valid, logical reason to believe that. It was obvious a shell of what the team was during the season. Everyone in the org knew the season was over and was on cruise control.

I understand everyone is frustrated, but lets keep some perspective here.

But Whaley flipped the team over Tuesday. They ran a preseason offensive game plan. They didn't even try to catch up.

I guess, i dont even know what im trying to argue here. Its just frustrating seeing this team lack direction. Not knowing where were going or what next season has in store. Except gaining draft position in that loss does not bring me a warm fuzzy feeling.

There is absolutely no valid, logical reason to believe that. It was obvious a shell of what the team was during the season. Everyone in the org knew the season was over and was on cruise control.

I understand everyone is frustrated, but lets keep some perspective here.

Perspective?? :w00t:

I guess, i dont even know what im trying to argue here. Its just frustrating seeing this team lack direction. Not knowing where were going or what next season has in store. Except gaining draft position in that loss does not bring me a warm fuzzy feeling.

The direction is "on to next season". Unfortunately, we had to decide that with a little of this season left still. Yesterday doesnt count for anything.

Perspective?? :w00t:

I know, right?

Wait till April. You'll feel better.

I have been on TBD long enough to know that if they won yesterday everyone would be ripshit over dropping 5 slots for a meaningless win. Go Google some of Sully's columns after winning the last game of the season in other years.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Wait till April. You'll feel better.

I have been on TBD long enough to know that if they won yesterday everyone would be ripshit over dropping 5 slots for a meaningless win. Go Google some of Sully's columns after winning the last game of the season in other years.

This.

While I'll admit this organization is largely indefensible, and deserves most of the criticism it is getting, they are often "damned if they do, damned if they dont" when it comes to how the press and fans are going to react.

It's truly a match made in heaven. A populous that loves to complain more than anything else, and a team that can't make a right decision.