Playoffs vs Championship

BarleyNY

I agree I want it to be special when we finally break the drought at this point. What fun would it be if this team did somehow end up stumbling into the playoffs only to be embarrassed and knocked out in the wildcard weekend. I want it to be like when the Kelly led team broke the old playoff drought in 88 and everybody was in a frenzy storming the field and tearing down the goalposts because we knew we were on our way to the promised land in the years to come. I wanna have a season like the Raiders had this year(minus the Qb getting injured in week 16 :cry: )

Right now getting blown out in a wildcard game would be absolutely amazing. The bottom line is our next step--our first step in almost 20 years--is to lose a wildcard game. I can't wait until we do, then I start talking about how to win one, and then...how to win out.

The simple truth is you need something root for and when you don't even make the playoffs you have completely and utterly failed. We need a season that we can look back on that makes us also look forward. Nobody has really ever looked forward to December games in July....you have to make the playoffs to do that.

Edited by dayman