Am I the only one who realizes that...

The guys has not been in training for the two years he's been out of football and isn't on the same level as the other players at the combine because of that.

This guy isn't coming off an injury, he's coming of a period of inactivity and once he's back in football he'll be the back he was in college and he was second only to McGahee when he was in college.

While the safer pick would be a guy like Cedric Houston of Tennessee (Who is a comparable RB) I'd be happy to draft this kid in the 3rd round but I'd be ECSTATIC to grab him in the 4th.

Does anyone know what the Shelton kid ran (The RB from Louisville)?

You're prob right. But he looked like he didn't care to bother with showing up in shape. He's fat for gawd knows what reason. This is something he could've done something about and had months to prepare!

I hope TD passes on this kid because character counts on the Bills.

You're prob right.  But he looked like he didn't care to bother with showing up in shape.  He's fat for gawd knows what reason.  This is something he could've done something about and had months to prepare!

254345[/snapback]

If anything he showed up with too much muscle. Every report I've read and every tape I've seen his body looks chiseled.

Unless he was allowed to play football for the past two years and then trained for the combine you can't say that "he had time to prepare".

Character does count and the fact that this kid came in humble and in great physical shape says alot. The 40 times mean less than nothing because he's been out of football for over two years.

He's a no.1 RB who would be a steal in 3rd or 4th round.

Claretts game was never breakaway speed but rather strength and change of direction. As a loyal Buckeye fan, I detest the guy for what he did to Ohio St. but someone like the Raiders will still pick him in Round 4 or 5.

He's getting waaaaaay too much publicity but that's the nature of America. Notorious name recognition over actual talent.

Claretts game was never breakaway speed but rather strength and change of direction. As a loyal Buckeye fan, I detest the guy for what he did to Ohio St. but someone like the Raiders will still pick him in Round 4 or 5.

He's getting waaaaaay too much publicity but that's the nature of America. Notorious name recognition over actual talent.

254357[/snapback]

He's no slower than Travis Henry I'd suspect. My prediction is that he'll go to Pittsburgh in the 3rd round.

"Am I the only one who realizes that..., Clarett's 40 times mean nothing?"

That depends. What was he doing 40 times? :D

Would this be a bigger surprise to the Wallers than McGahee's pickup was?

TD's just the kind of GM that will take a calculated risk on damaged goods - and Clarett is damaged goods. While he was doing independent study at the Dwayne Thomas School of Career Management the world passed him by. The question is not how fast he is in the 40. It's "Is he fast enough to catch up?"

I could see DonnaHo bringing him in. I just don't want him to trade up to do it.

254345[/snapback]

Ok, so if you had a chacne to get Randy Moss for dirt cheap, are you telling me that you'd pass because of hs character? I want to believe fans that say that, but GMs are more aobut playmakers, than character.

Ok, so if you had a chacne to get Randy Moss for dirt cheap, are you telling me that you'd pass because of hs character? I want to believe fans that say that, but GMs are more aobut playmakers, than character.

254372[/snapback]

ok, now i really haven't watched clarett run in a game at all. most of what i know i have read or listened to. so tell me, is this guy's talent REALLY comparable to that of randy moss'???

i mean, there was a great number of media folks who thought clarett might not have even been drafted last year. and don't tell me it was all because of his character....lawrence phillips was the FOURTH overall player taken in his draft and that guy is straight up thug.

254372[/snapback]

I honestly would pass on Moss, even for dirt cheap. The one thing about the Bills that I've always loved is the fact that I can always respect my team. Everyone from Ralph, to TD, to the coaching staff and players. We've had very few instances of off the field problems and poor character guys. I actually posted in the early part of the season that I felt Moss had really gotten his act together......I feel I was wrong in that assessment. He's no Terrell Owens.

I'd love to upgrade our #3, but I'm very happy with Moulds and Evans.

254372[/snapback]

http://www.draftshowcase.com/05RunningBacks.htm

While the overall 2005 Draft class is considered below average, the RB class is considered strong. Clarett hasn't played in 2 years and is far from a top 5 back in this draft.

Maybe the guys ahead of him need to do something stupid or dye their hair purple, to help their recognition. I'm thinking the scouts are smarter than that.

254372[/snapback]

Umm, absolutely I would pass on a guy who is known for horrible character.

His 40-time doesn't bother me as much as him quitting does. That tells me that if he isn't a success immediately in the NFL, he won't put in hard work to get better. In college his talent might have been enough to get him by, but that won't fly in the NFL. I'd maybe spend a late rounder on him, but I'm sure someone will take him higher.

254372[/snapback]

There is a reason Randy Moss dropped in his draft class. Jerry Jones specifically said that he is trouble. Guess Michael Irvin put a bad taste in his mouth.

There's no comparison to Randy Moss. Moss slid in round 1. Clarett has fallen to the 6th or 7th round. Since the average 6th rounder has about a 10% chance of making it (according to Casserly when he picked Henson in the 6th) Clarett is worth a shot-as long as there's no Tom Brady or Terrell Davis that you're passing up to take Clarett. Anything earlier is a reach based on his resume on & off the field & combine times.

Well I'm impressed by the responses I'm getting, cause I'm sure the same question posed about character would get different responses from different teams, with the Raiders of course being the lowest, as they would take anything to win.

Wow, are you serious??? All of you would pass on Randy Moss for dirt cheap?...if moss could be had for 2-3mil per season, i'd be all over that like white on rice...even with a bad character, theres no questioning the guy has got talent...