Every team we would have needed to lose this week lost

BeastMode54

2004 all over again. Well, 2004 was worse because the Bills were playing the Steelers third stringers. This year, Miami was playing all out because they would likely have missed the playoffs if the Bills beat them.

But, hey, let's not call the icing timeout until too late, for no good reason at all. Let's let Miami return our kickoff after we took the lead. Let's defend Ajayi with 10 men, so he can put them into FG position to win and get over 200 yards again. Let's waste a challenge and a TO on a clearly successful Miami reception -- a timeout that could have given the Bills a shot at points at the end of the first half. Let's not pressure Moore at all -- no sacks from the Bills vaunted pass rush. Let's call an idiot reverse to Reggie friggin Bush when all we needed to do was continue to play power football. Let's punt with 4 minutes left in OT when a tie would have been as bad as a loss.

This situation is so frustrating I'd tear my hair out if I wasn't bald already.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jesus...you said the people/experts were wrong because they said the Bills were cooked and not making the playoffs after the Steeler loss...news flash...THEY DID NOT MAKE THE FREAKING PLAYOFFS.....in what freaking world does making a prediction that comes true make them NOT RIGHT?????

What part of that is so freaking hard to understand????

In your world, I should go out and spend $5M on house cause a got a lottery ticket that pays a $1M for life and the drawing ain't for 3 weeks...I mean at this point in time I am still alive.

Thank God y'all don't bet , cause you could not afford the interwebs if ya did.

With your scenario it would be more like buying a lottery ticket and saying you have no chance to win. You have been eliminated from the lottery even though you have a ticket in your hand.

Edit and just to clarify, no one denies the chances were slim, but it is looking like things fell our way Week 16. So we would still be in playoff contention in Week 17. Far from being eliminated after the Steelers loss.

Edited by What a Tuel

No, but Brady did play the entire first half.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201412280nwe.htm

He sat Brady at the half time point despite being down on the Bills 17-6. Belichick will sit his starters if there is no reason for the win.

Here is the preview for the game:

10:45 a.m. ET: New England Patriots rookie quarterback Jimmy Garoppolo likely won’t just be relegated to sideline duty Sunday. Garoppolo is expected to play against the Buffalo Bills in the Patriots’ meaningless regular-season finale. The Patriots are 12-3 going into Week 17 with the No. 1 seed in the AFC playoffs locked up. Because the Patriots have a first-round bye, they aren’t expected to rest their starters all game — to prevent rust — but they’ll still be getting plenty of rest in order to prevent injuries going into the postseason. Wide receiver Julian Edelman, running back LeGarrette Blount, cornerback Kyle Arrington and guard Dan Connolly might not suit up at all because of nagging injuries. Quarterback Tom Brady, wideout Brandon LaFell, tight end Rob Gronkowski, defensive ends Chandler Jones and Rob Ninkovich, defensive tackle Vince Wilfork, linebackers Jamie Collins and Dont’a Hightower and defensive backs Darrelle Revis, Brandon Browner, Devin McCourty and Patrick Chung likely will be pulled early because of their stature as important starters.

11:35 a.m.: If the Patriots want to get off to a hot start this afternoon, they’ll be doing it without their star tight end. Here are the Patriots’ inactives:

TE Rob Gronkowski

WR Julian Edelman

RT Sebastian Vollmer

LG Dan Connolly

CB Brandon Browner

LB Dont’a Hightower

RB Jonas Gray

Gronkowski, Edelman, Vollmer, Connolly, Browner and Hightower all are starters for the Patriots. Gray is the only non-starter inactive for the Patriots.