QB or Not QB ?

T master

Before we got Tyrod last year as every Bills fan i had my own "GM/HC" moments thinking about the QB situation in Buffalo. I thought of those that could be brought in & do good as the Bills QB.

Some of the names in past drafts I'm glad to say didn't come to the Bills via any route be it the draft or trade such as , Bortels, Clausen, Kellen Moore, Gabbert & others that i thought were NFL caliber QB's but like a lot of fans in that same position i thought wrong !

But i still have my GM hat on "at times" like all of us do & one player a QB in particular that i could never understand why the Bills or another team in the NFL didn't go for as a starter has his chance now & is coming to Buffalo this week.

That player would be the QB of the Dolphins Matt Moore . I always thought (& hope i am wrong this week) that he would be a great starter in the NFL . Every time i have seen him play he has done well, not Tom Brady like but he has done well & have always wondered if given the chance to be the guy would he be NFL starter quality ??

Some back ups in the league i think by not being given a chance could be starters in this league, right now there are more than a few that when given the chance have performed very well but would they sustain a consistency to be that guy ?

Moore being one another being Mcgloin in Oakland & yet another that I really think is the back up in Cinci AJ McCaron . I think he could have a very Chad Pennington type of career . He's not a guy with a huge arm but is a winner & knows how to win ! I think some one will give him a chance (eventually) & he will prove his worth in the NFL .

I hope that for this week anyway Moore proves me wrong .

Even though if the Bills win out i don't think the play offs are going to happen this year but my hope is that the Bills get it figured out sooner rather than later & we can go on a play off run again in the future.

Who knows Tyrod could be the guy he has most all the talent a guy needs & his numbers are decent but those with better football knowledge than I will have to figure that out but until they do i will continue to root for the home team !!!

GO BILLS !!!!!!

Moore is a lot like Fitzpatrick. He's a mediocre gunslinger that can't make the simple plays needed to win a game. That's what seperates guys like Moore, Fitzpatrick, and Cutler from Favre, Romo, and Winston. The latter can be field generals when needed but aren't afraid to take chances.

just try to renegotiate TT's deal to push more of the $$ out into the future... if fail, then decide whether let him test the market.. have until March to get it done one way or the other... if they let him go, then draft a QB and go after one of the FAs ... My view is the offensive approach has limited the passing game by definition. Roman's offenses have always been bottom 5 in passing yards.. so not sure most of this is not on the scheme and less on the QB

I would rather have Case Keenum. I think he did well for the Rams and that offensive line was just terrible. Goff ain't gonna be much better. I think he's a more capable QB than Tyrod. Can he run like TT? No, but I'd rather have an accurate quarterback than one that's better at running. Build the offensive line like Dallas has done and get a "real" quarterback.