Opinions on most of the games on Christmas Eve

By the time everyone shows up I will most likely be hammered and either happy with a win or miserable with a loss.

you will have a much better and way more fun Christmas Eve if your girlfriend's team wins....root for the Dolphins

1) Girlfriend will feel bad for you

2) she will be excited Dolphins won

3) all girls get emotional Chrismas Eve

So you get sympathy, celebratory and emotional sex all in one go round........ :lol::worthy:

Feliz Navidad!!!!

I am with you. I hate it. But both Christmas eve and day provide a huge issue for me, as I can't fritter away 3 hours to watch at the expense of the family. I have no idea what I am going to do this year; maybe tivo it and watch it super late at night?

But let me ask you this: who in their right minds can actually physically go to games on Christmas Eve and Day? You probably have to have zero family committments to pull that off. One would think the NFL and teams would be better off making all of the games this week be on Thurs, Friday, and Monday nights.

going to the game on Christmas Eve with all my season ticket holder uncles, cousins, and siblings IS my family commitment.

My wife actually forced the issue for my family to go to the game this weekend while we were in town for the holidays. For years my brother and I have come up to take my Dad to a game in Oct for his bday, and the last 10+ yrs have included our sons. We always wave off atttempts at my wife, daughter, sisters to come as 'this is Men's time out', So my wife and daughter started a campaign months ago to get tickets for our whole family and my Dad for this game - despite my attempts to discourage them by saying it will be freezing, the Bills will be out of the playoffs, and no one will be there.

We've always spent Christmas Eve with my wife's family and Christmas day with mine, so it will be dinner at her Mom's house after the game, then midnight mass.

Side note - got tickets in the family zone this time, hoping less drunk a-holes there for my dad and the 'women' to deal with :)

Edited by stevewin

I'm going to the game... big question is whether I can survive until Midnight Mass after the whole day. Or, wait until Christmas morning.

I was thinking about this earlier. I don't remember the last time there was a Sunday Christmas Day and therefore don't remember how they scheduled the games. From the other posts it sounds like they moved them all to Christmas Eve in years past.

The last time was 2011, and the schedule was the same in 2011 except only one Christmas Day game rather than two: http://www.nfl.com/schedules/2011/REG16

not going, we have Christmas eve dinner at our house (28 people)

That's a lotta stromboli!

Personally I hate for selfish reasons. We always go to 4 pm mass (we're catholic) and that is where the elementary school kids do their little mini nativity play. They are so cute the little 2nd graders, and my middle son is still an alter boy in 9th grade so he is serving mass. They do the mass in the elementary school hall so they get at 1500 attendees. It would be like the size of Our Lady of Victory.

This means I miss the second half of the Bills as you have to get there 45 minutes early to get a decent seat, and the first half of the Bucs as I live in Tampa, and they are playing hot right now.

So these are all of my selfish reasons I wish they only had maybe two games on Christmas Eve, and the majority on Christmas. Everyone cooks at home for Christmas so all of us could enjoy the games while the girls are cooking the Turkey and mashed potatoes.

I'm sure all the season ticket holders are happy, but didn't know if everyone loves it the way they scheduled it. I'm sick of talking about Rex and Whaley. Every possible this has been said on this board as I've read most of your comments, and a lot of good opinions.

Anyway, I thought I would change it up.

Thanksgiving is for NFL, Christmas is for NBA. I think the leagues / networks have an unwritten agreement (or maybe an actual written one) on that.

Edited by Mark80

If you didn't go to church you would have more time for important stuff... Or even more fun non important stuff.

that's a personal opinion that's just not fair to say, man

I'm a devout arhiest and I encourage people to go to church.