The Bills are sooo bad....

I'm not a fan or Rex but how does Carp's inability to hit an extra point and his inability to kick an onside kick have anything to do with coaching?

If you're going to start a topic criticizing the coaching there are LOTS of really good points that could be made, yet two out of your three have little (or nothing) to do with it.

That being said, I'm with you on the 2 minute offense. It's been a problem all year and I have no clue how they can't get to the LoS and snap the ball with more than 10 seconds on the clock when time is a factor.

I'm not a fan or Rex but how does Carp's inability to hit an extra point and his inability to kick an onside kick have anything to do with coaching?

If you're going to start a topic criticizing the coaching there are LOTS of really good points that could be made, yet two out of your three have little (or nothing) to do with it.

That being said, I'm with you on the 2 minute offense. It's been a problem all year and I have no clue how they can't get to the LoS and snap the ball with more than 10 seconds on the clock when time is a factor.

I disagree. As head coach, he is responsible for keeping Carpenter. Also, he chose the coach that designed that idiotic onside kick.

Rex has no idea how to manage the clock or when to pull out plays like a fake.

His teams lack disciple which shows on things like extra point attempts.

It has been said before. Rex is a players coach, they love him and would run thru a brick wall for him. They just don't care to play and focus on football.

They would rather focus on the brick wall.

Good one!

It has been said before. Rex is a players coach, they love him and would run thru a brick wall for him. They just don't care to play and focus on football.

They would rather focus on the brick wall.

I think some of Rex's players like him so much that they were trying to get him a 3 year, 15 + million dollar vacation

It has been said before. Rex is a players coach, they love him and would run thru a brick wall for him.

Yeah, except for that little problem yesterday where the firing reports started coming out in the morning and immediately the majority of the team flat out quit on him 30 seconds into the game. That might well have been the most clear and damning vote of no confidence I have ever seen a group of players give a coach at any level.

I disagree. As head coach, he is responsible for keeping Carpenter. Also, he chose the coach that designed that idiotic onside kick.

Rex has no idea how to manage the clock or when to pull out plays like a fake.

His teams lack disciple which shows on things like extra point attempts.

Carp shanking the kick wasn't by design.

As for not keeping Carp because of his extra point issues, you have to have a better option before you cut somebody.

These are the teams with kickers who have missed 3+ extra points this year:

Minnesota

Cincy

Seattle

Giants

Buffalo

Cleveland

Carolina

Arizona

New England

San Diego

If all those teams cut their kickers because they've struggled with extra points who on earth are they getting to replace them? Do you think that kickers who didn't even make a roster are magically better?

Does Belichick lack discipline? Is that why his team has missed so many extra points this season?

Looking at that list it strikes me that half of those teams play outdoors in the northeast.

Again, I'm no fan of Rex but your point makes no sense.

Edited by MDH

Carp shanking the kick wasn't by design.

As for not keeping Carp because of his extra point issues, you have to have a better option before you cut somebody.

These are the teams with kickers who have missed 3+ extra points this year:

Minnesota

Cincy

Seattle

Giants

Buffalo

Cleveland

Carolina

Arizona

New England

San Diego

If all those teams cut their kickers because they've struggled with extra points who on earth are they getting to replace them? Do you think that kickers who didn't even make a roster are magically better?

Does Belichick lack discipline? Is that why his team has missed so many extra points this season?

Looking at that list it strikes me that half of those teams play outdoors in the northeast.

Again, I'm no fan of Rex but your point makes no sense.

See, now, this sort of thing just isn't going to fly around here. You're raising issues of fact and reality whereas the current solution to everything is "burn the whole thing down." Waste no critical brain power on considering what comes after "the bonfire," just do it. Because apparently there are tons of football executives, GMs, heads of scouting, coaches and "franchise" QBs just languishing out there, unhired in spite of their presumed genius and talent, all of whom are just dying to come to Buffalo if only someone would just do the right thing and get rid of every player and everyone else at OBD.