TNF: Cowboys at Vikings - Mike Zimmer Will Not Coach

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm beginning to think the fix is in re: the Cowboys. Given the ratings problem and the Cowboys' unique ability to surmount it, this is starting to feel like NBA territory. How that call wasn't made on Bradford is truly unbelievable. It was utterly obvious.

So many conspiracies. There was a thread during the game that accused the NFL of conspiring to have the cowboys lose (the poster was convinced all those holding calls against cowboys were fixed) only to have a ratings boost for the DAL/NYG game coming up.

But now DAL won and others are claiming that the NFL is conspiring to have DAL win bc of the blown call at the end.

So which one is it?

Nothing to mess around with. A detached retina is really serious.

I had this like 4 years ago. Laser treatment, but even that is not as simple as it sounds. 4-5 days of extensive prep work. I guess I was fortunate, not sure. If I had to have the "buckle" treatment, I would have flipped

So many conspiracies. There was a thread during the game that accused the NFL of conspiring to have the cowboys lose (the poster was convinced all those holding calls against cowboys were fixed) only to have a ratings boost for the DAL/NYG game coming up.

But now DAL won and others are claiming that the NFL is conspiring to have DAL win bc of the blown call at the end.

So which one is it?

Neither.

So which one is it?

It's the second one. Always. Please explain the picked up flag against Detroit a couple of years ago in that playoff game. I don't think the NFL is really all that fixed (unlike, say, the NBA, where it's obvious with regard to foul calling on stars and home cooking), but the Cowboys are the league's category killer and have been for decades. They've had mostly terrible management for 20 years, but now they're back and you can bet that the league wants them in the SB over, say, ATL or Seattle. There's a ton of money at stake. I don't think this really applies to other teams, btw.

As for the Vikings, I know how their fans feel. Drew Pearson is all I have to say.

Older fans will recall that the ref was beaned with a bottle after that non-call. I'm not justifying that at all, but I understand why these things happen.

Edited by dave mcbride