My 10 cents on the game.

BmarvB

Sorry I'm late. Got a lot going on right now...

1) Run defense looked real bad on opening drive, lots of missed tackles. Bortles? Really?? Seriously??? He actually could have scored on that scramble on the opening drive if he didn't slide too soon. They did a much better job in the second half, but Aaron Williams is sooooo missed in the secondary. That position absolutely has to be addressed in the off season.

2) Offense started off horrendous (Tate's punt return saved the 1st half), then slowly picked it up in the second half. Should have got more from the ground game though. Right tackle position needs upgrading

3) The first challenge was a bad decision by Rex made way too early in the game, no way was that going to be overturned. Second one was legit but should have been unnecessary. Ref was right there and should have seen the foot out of bounds. Going for it on 4th and short was the correct decision. And did he really think he was going to fool the Jags by bringing in EJ to try to draw them offsides? And why not just take the delay of game instead of wasting the time out?

4) What's up with all the missed extra points throughout the league?? Of course Carpenter had to make his contribution as well :wallbash:

5) Another critical flaw in TT's passing is he doesn't lead the receivers (well sometimes he does lead them into big hits). Too many of them are either high (missed the TD to O'leary). low, or behind them (TD to Hunter). If only he would get better at just picking a spot, throwing it there on time, and trusting the receivers to go get it. The deep shot to Sammy was near perfect though. Sometimes I wonder if he can really see down the middle of the field from the pocket. Good thing all that's needed from him now is just protect the football and make a play or two in the passing game. He can do that much. He does deserve some credit. He is a scoring threat, and we are putting points on the board. That makes him an upgrade over what we've had in the past.

6) Welcome back Sammy. Man were you ever missed. If he can stay healthy over the next few games, and we can get Woods back, I think the passing game will show noticeable improvement.
7) Wasn't understanding why Dareus was not on the field late in the game, but I heard he had something medical going on and the staff wouldn't let him back out there. He was in beast mode while he was on the field. Hope he's good to go next week, we're going to need him.

8) Officials were about as off the mark throughout the game as the Bills offense was in the first half

9) And of course ..... those dayum ill timed penalties!!!!! In particular the one on 3rd down during the opening drive that gave the Jags that TD when they actually had them stopped :wallbash:

10) So what if it was another ugly one, a win is a win! Why bother trying to understand how a team that can play Seattle tough enough to almost upset them in their house one week, and then follow it up by winning two stinkers against much lesser quality teams while playing down at their level? Just keep winning.

GO BILLS!!!

Edited by BmarvB

5) Another critical flaw in TT's passing is he doesn't lead the receivers (well sometimes he does lead them into big hits). Too many of them are either high (missed the TD to O'leary). low, or behind them (TD to Hunter). If only he would get better at just picking a spot, throwing it there on time, and trusting the receivers to go get it. The deep shot to Sammy was near perfect though. Sometimes I wonder if he can really see down the middle of the field from the pocket. Good thing all that's needed from him now is just protect the football and make a play or two in the passing game. He can do that much.

I don't have a huge problem with missing the o'leary one. You aren't going to throw perfect passes every time, Brady was missing everything down field during the Pats-Jets. It certainly happens. It just happens too often with Tyrod.

I thought the TD pass to Hunter was up high, not behind him? To me it looked great, exactly what you do with a 6-5 receiver. Huck it up there where only he can reach it.

I thought that throw to hunter was perfect, no? There were 2 jaguars defenders there, and it looked like the throw was in the only place he could put it

Lol, we were obviously typing out the same idea at the same time, well, 2 minutes apart.

I thought that throw to hunter was perfect, no? There were 2 jaguars defenders there, and it looked like the throw was in the only place he could put it

He can get away with throwing high to Hunter. He has the height. I think he should get more playing time.

I don't have a huge problem with missing the o'leary one. You aren't going to throw perfect passes every time, Brady was missing everything down field during the Pats-Jets. It certainly happens. It just happens too often with Tyrod.

Yeah, he was off on quite a few passes. Wish he would miss like that when they're playing against us.

Edited by BmarvB

Sorry I'm late. Got a lot going on right now...

1) Run defense looked real bad on opening drive, lots of missed tackles. Bortles? Really?? Seriously??? He actually could have scored on that scramble on the opening drive if he didn't slide too soon. They did a much better job in the second half, but Aaron Williams is sooooo missed in the secondary. That position absolutely has to be addressed in the off season.

4) What's up with all the missed extra points throughout the league?? Of course Carpenter had to make his contribution as well :wallbash:

1) One thing on that opening drive. I recalled Hackett would always call a killer opening drive here; when he can script those first 10 plays, he is a good playcaller.

4) Re Carp, I feel like his misses are due to a lack of concentration. After he missed that first one, all his others were dead center. He seemed to also just look more focused on the other ones. But it's maddening-- that miss could have easily cost us the game. I was thinking we would lose 21-20 the entire game.

I thought the TD pass to Hunter was up high, not behind him? To me it looked great, exactly what you do with a 6-5 receiver. Huck it up there where only he can reach it.

Lol, we were obviously typing out the same idea at the same time, well, 2 minutes apart.

Haha yes sir!